Thread: LFHeadset plox

10+ Year Old Account

Question LFHeadset plox

I am seeking a headset with better mic quality over sound quality...I'm not really into the desk mics because they are in the way. I have a sensitive head so nothing that wraps around and I need it to not squeeze my head. I have been searching, looking, and researching for 2 days. I am really looking for a widespread second opinion because I am quite frankly sick and tired of people telling me I am not loud enough (I am relatively soft spoken) or that I have a buzzing noise when I talk. Help please.

Welcome to MMO-Champions Can you give use a price that you are trying to spend so we can help out a little bit more?

Deleted
    Been using a Razer Carcharias for if I'm not mistaken just over a year. It's the most comfortable headset I've ever used and the microphone is amazing (and so is the sound quality for that matter). After all this time it's still working as well as when I first bought it and it's not showing any use of wear at all. Once this one 'breaks' I will buy another.

The downside might be the price. It's going for about 80 euro in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Been using a Razer Carcharias for if I'm not mistaken just over a year. It's the most comfortable headset I've ever used and the microphone is amazing (and so is the sound quality for that matter). After all this time it's still working as well as when I first bought it and it's not showing any use of wear at all. Once this one 'breaks' I will buy another.

The downside might be the price. It's going for about 80 euro in my country.
    I've been using the Megalodon for about the same time. They are the same build except one is Stereo only. Very comfortable headset and doesn't squeeze to hard on the head, and I have a pretty big head.

EDIT: Also if you order anything from Razers site today and use the Promo code of FOURTHJULY you get free standard shipping.
    Last edited by Erquonter; 2012-07-04 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erquonter View Post
    I've been using the Megalodon for about the same time. They are the same build except one is Stereo only. Very comfortable headset and doesn't squeeze to hard on the head, and I have a pretty big head.
    That one looks great as well, but it's almost double the price. That one goes for 150 in my country and doesn't really do anything major the Carcharias can't do.

I never used it though so the quality might be much better or something like that, but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That one looks great as well, but it's almost double the price. That one goes for 150 in my country and doesn't really do anything major the Carcharias can't do.

I never used it though so the quality might be much better or something like that, but I don't know.
    Yea I've never used the Carcharias but I am going to assume they are about the same quality (other than the Megalodon has 7.1) But I could be wrong since the Carcharias uses a 3.5 jack and the Megalodon is using a USB. Would probably differ on your sound card. But other than that the mic quality is better than the logitech g930 I had.

Radioshacks own brand headset you can get them for $4 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/RADIOSHACK-L...item231e0615ba

but in truth there may be nothing wrong with the mic you have, it could be a case of your sound settings need to be changed.
    Last edited by Jailbuild; 2012-07-04 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erquonter View Post
    Yea I've never used the Carcharias but I am going to assume they are about the same quality (other than the Megalodon has 7.1) But I could be wrong since the Carcharias uses a 3.5 jack and the Megalodon is using a USB. Would probably differ on your sound card. But other than that the mic quality is better than the logitech g930 I had.
    You are probably right about the USB/3.5 part. If you spend money on a great sound card you will most likely get more out of the Megalodon.
    Looking at the specs of both it's roughly what you could expect. The Megalodon is just a little more sensitive, has a little more frequency range on the microphone, it's just a little better all around.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmocc79ad49ed2; 2012-07-04 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all so much for your replies! I was already looking at the Carcharias but the bad reviews on Amazon turned me off to it and I also heard the Carcharias is better than the Megalodon. I am really liking the reviews for the Sennheiser thou...not as many bad reviews compared to good ones however 145 is a bit more than I was looking to spend. However, when I see multiple reviews that say "People ask me what mic I use all the time" (for the Sennheiser) that really perks my interest. I feel I could probably find a desk mic that's really nice and use my headphones for much cheaper than 145 but I really feel a headset would be much more convenient I wouldn't have to move my mic out of the way when I need to use my desk space.

I don't have speakers around my pc so when i looked at the complete package for good music playback and crystal clear mic use i couldn't find anything beating the Sennheiser PC360

Not had good experiences with Steelseries, atleast not the 5H v2 one, everyone complained my sound was ''tinny'' and without DB boost the mic was always too quiet, with DB boost it would turn crackling, tried it onboard and on a X-Fi soundcard before i gave up after a year and got the PC360

As for Razer ( and then specifically the Megalodon ) mic quality was good overall, sound quality wasn't bad but no Sennheiser ( which for me was a gripe as the Megalodon is almost as expensive as the PC360 ) and for some reason i always had problems with Razer wires on headsets, they tend to curl up, don't have that problem on my Naga so not sure what causes it, the PC360 uses a non braided cord, justa plain soft rubber cable ending in 3.5mm jacks
    Last edited by FluFF; 2012-07-05 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech G930.... Best thing ever for my ears..

Honestly, I own the G930 and there are only 2 complaints I have..
    1. It does not play well with my PC for some reason. Ever since I switched from 775 chipset (Whatever that is) to Sandybridge (an i7-2700k) I keep getting USB errors.
    2. No pre-set equalizers. There are plenty of things online (and I myself have it set so I could help set it up to sound great if you go this route let me know.) but no pre-sets and nothing from Logitech make me laugh.

It is an AMAZING Headset. Being able to get up and listen to music 30 or 40ft away (100ft give me a break, that breaks connection very often) and still be able to talk on vent at that same distance is great.

I had a Carcharias and it was great.. But the cords kept getting absolutely destroyed. So I went wireless. Totally worth it.

In the end it's all what you prefer. I also had the Gamecon 777 from Plantronics. Pretty good, but ended up giving it away free when I sold my old PC. Never had a Razer headset, but I have lots of other Razer stuff, Mamba, Blackwidow Ultimate and a Lycosa. Great products, even if a bit overpriced. Love the look of everything though.

Aveline's amazing work!