Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Final Fantasy 7 re-release confirmed for PC.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...e-release.html
    http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en

Possibly old, but hopefully this is news to some people. Haven't got my Playstation anymore, so this is great news for me, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds awesome
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Hate to be a downer, but this will be shut down faster than that Chrono Trigger remake that was in development.

Not a remake, just a re-release. Same PS1 game.

Hate to be a downer, but I believe it's a port.

A remake would entail them redoing the game from the ground up.

(though it is good for the modding community.)

Don't jinx us FF7 fans, we've been looking foward to this for years.

Deleted
    Is this an actual remake with updated graphics, additional content and side-quests or is it just the exact same game with a few minor alterations being re-released? I'm wary, since the character booster strikes me as being another optional gimmick that will eliminate what challenge exists in the game. That's not to say that I found Final Fantasy 7 to be particularly hard, mind you, though a few bosses were pretty formidable.

Why would it be a PC port... when there already is one?

Its exactly the same game that was released like 15 years ago. It is in no way what so ever a remake. They want to make more money and are hoping this will ignite a giant influx of revenue through character boosting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has a character booster built in...that's the height of stupidity in a game series where you're meant to progress in power along with the storyline (and FFVII was never actually hard in the first place).

A few weeks ago someone high up in Square Enix said they wont make an FF7 remake until a new FF game tops the original.

Source: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...s-been-topped/
    Last edited by RoughJustice; 2012-07-04 at 04:16 PM.

FFVII was already released on the PC years ago, so it's definitely a re-release. Hopefully, some stuff gets updated. Would be kinda neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Because it sucked.

Anyway, yeah, just a re-release.

lol character booster...max hp/mp/gil....yay what a great option........ugh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deipfryde View Post
    Not a remake, just a re-release. Same PS1 game.
    ^this...they are adding some new features but nothing large enough to call it a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Indeed. This makes absolutely no sense. It seems silly to announce such a thing, when it would take limited amounts of work to get it ready for PC again. o_O

Deleted
    Oh joy, more remakes.
    I don't normally mind remakes or re-releases but they really take it a step too far with Final Fantasy.

did you even look at your own links? not a remake at all.

From the release "trailer" it looks to be the exact same damn thing I've (re)played a thousand times over.

While I'd love to play a remake, a re-release with achievements and a lolbooster is, quite frankly, irrelevant to my interests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughJustice View Post
    A few weeks ago someone high up in Square Enix said they wont make an FF7 remake until a new FF game tops the original.
    That hasn't stopped them from remaking the earlier titles, however. Did they specify regarding how exactly they expect a game to 'top' Final Fantasy 7? I mean, most of the main titles have been very successful in terms of sales and gaining a cult following.