Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can play it on newer computers but it isn't as simple as installing it. It took me about 1/2 hour to figure out why it wasn't installing, and then the next 2 hours spent was just modding the game to look a bit better.
    Host of the 2 Year Livestream Challenge http://www.twitch.tv/inexpensivegamer Gaming like the cheap asshat I am

Wait, I didn't know you can mod FF7. Goddamnit, let me know how!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    It was released for PC more than a decade ago already.
    Just blew my mind. So why are they re-releasing it? For Windows 7 users? Cause of Steam?

It's being re-released because the PC version came from an old box CD install. First, it runs on OS's that nobody uses anymore. Getting the game to install and not crash every five seconds in a challenge. Second, it's been out of print for a long time now. Getting a copy is hard enough.

Anyway, this sounds like a promising venture. It's a good nostiliga purchase. Granted, I'm not sure if I wanna re-play this game. I had good memories with it. But the graphics at this point at out-dated and I don't know if it's worth my time. I guess it'll depend on the "new features."

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Just blew my mind. So why are they re-releasing it? For Windows 7 users? Cause of Steam?
    Essentially the PC Version is bugged to hell and nearly impossible to play on Current PC's and Operating Systems. This is move to make it easier to play as well as to get more money I would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd happily pay for a copy that I can actually play. As I said, I don't have a working Playstation right now. Replaying this game was definitely one of the things of my list of 'things to do before I die'.

I would hope they are going to digitize all the music.

So uh...they're just re-releasing the PS1 game, with a cash shop to level you up?

It's been on PSN for years now, don't really see a point in putting a cash-shop version of it on PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Deipfryde View Post
    Not a remake, just a re-release. Same PS1 game.
    The same PS1 Game simply wouldn't hold up. For its time it was the pinnacle of RPGs, now it wouldn't hold up to the most lacklustre JRPGs. It needs to have its graphics, translations, and to some extent its actual gameplay, reworked.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    So uh...they're just re-releasing the PS1 game, with a cash shop to level you up?

It's been on PSN for years now, don't really see a point in putting a cash-shop version of it on PC.
    For people who don't have a PS3?
    I can live without the cash shop though.

I hope we'll see the newer FF games coming out for PC one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    IMO, because they are in a situation where they think it would help them recover from the losses they have been incurring for some time. They have lost ALOT of money and people have always wanted a FF7 remake so now would be a good time for that, especially if they go DLC crazy.

The only thing i'm worried about is that they will change too much and ruin the nostalgia factor that will be a major player in people purchasing the game.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2012-07-06 at 07:41 AM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    The same PS1 Game simply wouldn't hold up. For its time it was the pinnacle of RPGs, now it wouldn't hold up to the most lacklustre JRPGs. It needs to have its graphics, translations, and to some extent its actual gameplay, reworked.
    Lol. Lackluster like FFXII, FFXIII, and basically every JRPG that hit after the PS2? And your points one what make it lackluster are weak, graphics =/= a good game, the translation for FFVII was fine (better then some the stuff coming out now), and its game play is classic and works, cause lets face when was the last time the combat in a FF game not auto play? The answer X-2, as bad as it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    All you are saying is i'm wrong based off your own opinion where i am giving facts which are actually in the game. Also you keep thinking i am against Aeris dying where if you actually read, my issue is with them changing their mind about her story part way through development and not cleaning it up.

In a game so story driven as FF7 one does not simply forget to remove items/mechanics, especially if the only outcome they ever intended for Aeris was a set death.
    Prove it. Or give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Still ignoring the fact that all i said to begin with was that i wanted the storyline cleared up as it is a bit misleading. Nothing half assed about what i've said as it's all in the game. Go play it and look for yourself.

I guess it is, after all they're only paid to do what is told to them and very very rarely think for themselves
    I've played the game enough to be able to go through the entire storyline in my head, I'd estimate... 12 full clears (Roughly once a year since it was released), 3 including farming stat items. There are no real storyline inconsistencies. Having items still on a vendor means absolutely nothing story-wise, and if said items don't really have a use it means nothing play-wise either. What they decided or decided not to do had 0 influence on their being items that are all usable while she was alive still being in game after she is dead. Perhaps you might have the tiniest of points if you were running through the crater on disc 3 picking up Aeris only gear, but you aren't.

As to your second point. Congratulations on finding one of those rare customer service reps that thinks for themselves and actually tries to solve and explain issues. Perhaps you should take a hint from those not so rare CS reps and stop thinking for yourself so much, since you are reading too far into nonexistent problems.

Deleted
    As stupid as I think those character boosters are, at least they are not cashing in on it.
    Kind of a relief.

We'll have final pricing info on the game to share soon, but we can confirm that there will be no microtransactions for the upcoming rerelease of Final Fantasy VII on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I don't like mushrooms and find them meaningless, seeing them in stores bothers me so stores should get rid of mushrooms? Or how about when I go to a party and I see someone there I don't like, should they be removed by the host because they bother me and aren't doing anything but sitting there? This is the sort of self-entitledness that I will repeatedly state that I hate about this generation. Sometimes there is random shit that doesn't really have a point but is still there. Is it hurting anyone? no. Is it taking away from anything by being there? no. Is it doing anything more than being the pet peeve of a few OCD individuals who for some reason want to read more into it than it really means? Not in the slightest. What it adds to the game is no more than what it takes away from. Back when FF7 was made it wasn't made to deal with a few disgruntled peoples OCD, and in fact more people get mad when things aren't available even when they are useless as proven by the MoP beta vendor filtering.

Just... Deal... With... It. That is all I was getting down to, though it first required me paring down his argument from complete bullshit to what the problem really was, consider it experience from my customer service days. Half of the complaints people give really boil down to one or two stupid issues that then cause them to find any tiny little thing they can to add to the list and exaggerate the problem. Especially when the initial complaint is as half-assed as the one he gave.

Good Day Sir.
    See the issue here is that, using your example, if mushrooms were available in grocery stores but for some reason humans were incapable of eating them, then it wouldn't make sense to carry them in grocery stores, would it? Comparing Aeris' items to mushrooms implies that mushrooms are only edible by a single person, who happens to be dead. No store on earth would bother to carry those mushrooms anymore because it would be stupid.

In all honesty all your example did was give more credibility to my argument that it was poor game design to leave the useless items hanging around. I'm not saying that Aeris should live or that they changed the story or anything like that - I'm just saying that in a re-release they should clean up the game a bit. Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it isn't sloppy to litter your stores with non-usable items.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-07-09 at 06:40 PM.

Deleted
    I'm surprised that so many people mistake game mechanics for game lore. Some things have no impact upon the plot at all but are there for the sake of game-play purposes. For example, save points are a game mechanic that exist purely for the sake of convenience and have absolutely no bearing upon the story at all.
    Last edited by mmoc454417f773; 2012-07-09 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://kotaku.com/5924471/final-fant...rotransactions

For those that claim there will be a cash shop.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-07-10 at 12:03 AM.