Challenge mode Raid-version.

Was just thinking if Blizz would extend their challenge mode tech to be able to select it for raids - old raids would be able to do as fun, and not just as solo.
    I really enjoy raiding old stuff, but it's quite boring to do them and just ignore all mechanics and stuff. And in MoP where you will run around with 300-400k hp as dps, nothing will be hard anymore.

I know I would love this feature, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    Was just thinking if Blizz would extend their challenge mode tech to be able to select it for raids - old raids would be able to do as fun, and not just as solo.
    I really enjoy raiding old stuff, but it's quite boring to do them and just ignore all mechanics and stuff. And in MoP where you will run around with 300-400k hp as dps, nothing will be hard anymore.

I know I would love this feature, what do you guys think?

I love the idea of revamping old content, just don't release it sayings it's new content. I would think it should be an additive and not the focus of any new content released. Good general idea IMO.

Who knows? Maybe if the dungeon Challenge Modes are a hit, they'll extend it to raids.

It could be fun, provided that making Challenge Modes for old raids doesn't detract from new content. I'd much rather have new content and just let old content lie.

Deleted
    Love the idea, although it will take more development time then you think. As we are allot stronger now then we were back at level 60 70 80 or 85 and we even have new classes. So that would mean every boss has to be revamped & corrected before you could turn into a challenge mode which might mean the nostalgia would be gone from it.

Also not many raids would work with this idea I think, only sunwell plateau, blackwing lair (used to have a timed part) & karazhan (splitted in 2) could be good suggestions, but I think most of the things have to be streamlined first and some bosses revamped.
    Last edited by mmoc91d120d86f; 2012-07-04 at 05:13 PM.

Bringing the old school raids back to life. Sweet!

Like Zylathas said, need some effort to adjust everything to the changes till today.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad idea. But it's not coming at launch. Could be a later patch feature, though.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's an idea. Maybe if you get gold in a Challenge Raid then you gain access to transmogrify gear. Gold in all raids of a tier gives you that gear set to use (the original set is removed). Gold in a raid with a legendary gives you access to a recolored version to use.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)