Page 1 of 2
LastLast

no mana burn in mop?

How rude! mana burn was cool but it is gone in mop. I can see why. /discuss

15+ Year Old Account
    As OP and retarded the spell is I find it's really badly needed in BG's against healers, first they got rid of drain mana and now mana burn not forgetting viper sting so it's safe to say they want healers to be unstoppable these days and never go oom, which is cool because I got 4 healers so I guess I'll be using them in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    As OP and retarded the spell is I find it's really badly needed in BG's against healers, first they got rid of drain mana and now mana burn not forgetting viper sting so it's safe to say they want healers to be unstoppable these days and never go oom, which is cool because I got 4 healers so I guess I'll be using them in MoP.
    Are you sure you're referring to the current state of healers in MoP?! Because mana IS a problem even without mana burn!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Are you sure you're referring to the current state of healers in MoP?! Because mana IS a problem even without mana burn!
    Not MoP no and mana was a problem in Cata aswell for a month or two now look at it, who needs food? because I sure as hell don't and I don't see MoP being any different.

I can kill a healer just fine with timed interrupts and silences.

In live, it's hilarious how well we can lock down healers with a combination of our mind control / fears / silences.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    As a disc priest (my pvp toon) I will lament the loss, but it's probably better for everyone and balance that it's gone.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Not MoP no and mana was a problem in Cata aswell for a month or two now look at it, who needs food? because I sure as hell don't and I don't see MoP being any different.
    Now: Spam Flash of Light without even caring about mana, since it's endless!
    MoP: Spamming Flash of Light is a dump move and will get you killed pretty fast, which means that you have to look into other ways of keeping your self up and requires that you use your heavy spells in moderation!
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-07-04 at 06:39 PM.

The problem for me is then the healers themselves are mana burning lol... so annoying...

10+ Year Old Account
    may i remind you that int does not give mana anymore and @ lvl 85 you have flat 100k mana with spells costing 50-75% more than what they do right now....healing will be as hard as early days of Cata or Wrath...no more unlimited BS..mana burn is not there because there is no mana to burn...you do that on your own quite well....finally healing that is challenging and interesting vs spam 2 buttons on your grid.

if healers thought they were having mana issues in the beginning of cata id love to hear their "opinions" once MOP hits, probably the worst mana change for classes xD

Can't wait for MoP.

Grown tired of this pvp model of retarded amount of spammable CCs, lock combinations just to avoid savage green numbers spreading by healers.

Hope this will give me back the mood and the thrill to play as healer in arena.

Deleted
    The spell is horrible. Promotes broken CC chaining and exploiting line of sight. Not particularly interesting for game flow.

I won't miss it too much. It might mean fewer Priest healers in arena, or it might mean Priests get their regen buffed a bit to compensate. Priests have always felt like their mana is weak in PVP unless you can get burns off, but now that it is gone that'll shine a light on healer balance a little differently.

Good riddance. With Mana Burn gone, hopefully priest regen and mobility gets brought up to where other healers are.

That said, there'll be a big hole to fill in healing priest PvP gameplay and looking at the beta that hole may not get filled until 5.1 or later.

I'm gonna miss mana burn so much It might be for the better, but it's still a shame to see it go. It made arenas more interesting imo.

Deleted
    Now: Spam Flash of Light without even caring about mana, since it's endless!
    MoP: Spamming Flash of Light is a dump move and will get you killed pretty fast, which means that you have to look into other ways of keeping your self up and requires that you use your heavy spells in moderation!
    Endless mana died at the end of WoTLK, not sure why people still think that spamming your most expensive spell will not oom you because it will.

Back on topic: So glad it's gone. When they increased mana costs of spells that was the mana burn, to have some moron Priest spamming you while being locked down by faceroll dps was just unfair. In Arena's it's a different story, but in BG's it was a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Endless mana died at the end of WoTLK, not sure why people still think that spamming your most expensive spell will not oom you because it will.

Back on topic: So glad it's gone. When they increased mana costs of spells that was the mana burn, to have some moron Priest spamming you while being locked down by faceroll dps was just unfair. In Arena's it's a different story, but in BG's it was a pain.
    Endless mana only died with early cata gear. It's not like it was in WoTLK, but with current gear, you can spam your most expensive spell for a fair amount of time before going OOM. I'm not even in full conquest PvP gear, and I can spam flash heal for a very long time in BGs before going oom.

Also, I'd call the priest who's mana burning you while you're being locked up smart.

I love mana burn, best part about arena

Deleted
    Is it gone in MoP? wtf

Huh, say that to a holy paladin.