Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I do more DPS in PvP gear than PvE gear

I started playing my rogue once again (he already had full cata PvP), and I'm starting to collect shadowy gems for my stage 2 legendaries. I have PvE gear which is a lot of ilevel 378 pieces and some 397 pieces... in fights like raid finder or BH I pull roughly 14k-18k DPS. The thing is I pull way more DPS in PvP gear. In Raid Finder with full pvp gear I am always #1-#3 in DPS... for the death wing fight I pulled 54k DPS in full PvP gear. Is this normal? Will I be able to do normal dragon soul runs with full PvP gear? I don't know why people want me to switch to my PvE gear when the DPS goes down considerably.

People want you to switch because they have no clue how stats work in this game. If stat weights dictate that your current PVP gear is better than your current PVE gear, use the PVP gear.

Death wing gives you massive damag buffs...Almost guaranteed you'll do more in PVE, try fighting Ultraxion in each one for a DPS measure. BH and Deathwing are shitty dps checks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Lots of PvE'ers (not ALL PvE'ers, but what I'm saying is a good amount of them) are arrogant jackasses and don't realize that ilvl 409 PvP gear does wayyy more damage than Heroic Twilight ilvl 378s and a few valor ilvl397s. So whenever I try to do some PvE in my PvP gear they see that and don't realize that is does insanely more DPS than the ilvl 378s. They just say "GTFO n00b go get geared." While I pull 40k DPS. Though PvP requires way more skill than raiding IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Death wing gives you massive damag buffs...Almost guaranteed you'll do more in PVE, try fighting Ultraxion in each one for a DPS measure. BH and Deathwing are shitty dps checks.
    For Ultraxion I was #3 in DPS, forgot how much I pulled though.

Is your overall damage also improved in the PvP gear? (Overall damage from a fight, not DPS.)

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me understand this. Your 403 PVP gear with Tier 1 legendaries is better than dungeon 378 and some 397 gear against LFR people who are probably afk or in blues? Whodathunkit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wear the gear that is highest based off of your spreadsheet/shadowcraft high figure. That might include some or all your pvp gear if it is significantly better.

Don't pick gear set based off of what you've anecdotally experienced during a few runs of LFR. Your DPS is already going to vary a lot based on the buffs present, especially if you're rating it comparatively to the other raiders.

If the maths come out that your pvp gear is better, then wear your pvp gear and say so to anyone that questions it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

If you reforged your pvp gear for hit and expertise, it's obvious it will be better than the 378 crap. You have a bunch load more agility.

You'll eventually do better once you collect more 397 gear and the tier set bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I beat usually between 60%-80% of the raid in lfr on any of my chars, I ended up as 6th in dmg on madness on my feral TANK who is wearing 375 ilvl gear. Using lfr to check your dps against other players is like trying to say you're smart because you're genius compared to a monkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Right now, with all this nerfs you can do DS norm in greens But seriously you can do DS with PvP gear only if there is huuuge differene between yurs PvE and PvP gear. Resi is useless in PvE, so one stat is out. And from what I remember you can't reforge it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possible to get a link to your armory with your PvE equipped? And which spec are you using?

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to the target dummy and do 3, 5min runs in both your PVP and PVE gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    with equivalent item level... PvE gear will always beat out PvP gear due to itemization... but this isnt the case

when comparing ilvl 378 pve gear to ilvl 403 pvp gear, i can see where the higher dps gain is achieved....although from a personal perspective, i would never do it because i hate being under the hit/exp cap... even if the damage is higher in my pvp gear, a miss and parry/dodge (forget which one bosses can do from behind) is 0 dps, and that is enough incentive for me to stay in pve gear... other people might have different opinions but thats mine

Deleted
    talk about being arrogant :-)

If your doing more damage in your PVP gear then your PVE gear is pretty bad, try gearing up a little more in your PVE set. If you are #1-#3 in dps with PVP gear than the group you are running with is inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Championn View Post
    Lots of PvE'ersare arrogant jackasses
    Though PvP requires way more skill than raiding IMO.
    Great post there.

Really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please tell more about your high dps with 3% less hit rating than the required amount for bosses

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So let me understand this. Your 403 PVP gear with Tier 1 legendaries is better than dungeon 378 and some 397 gear against LFR people who are probably afk or in blues? Whodathunkit.
    No, it doesn't matter if it's in LFR or not. Simply, his PVP gear is giving him more dps than PVE gear. Is it hard to understand?

403 pvp gear is pretty close in terms of dps to 378 pve gear. Slightly better in some cases (e.g. sub rogues which value raw agility more), worse in others. If your dps in pvp gear is "way higher", you do something wrong. Are you using correct talent spec/gems/enchants/rotation?