Deleted

solo healing DS normal for fun?

Hello, since i cannot attend this weeks raid i've been thinking of doing some fun stuff and complete solo healing of DS 10 normal came to my mind.

Is it possible to solo heal every boss with my gear? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B8n/simple
    What bosses will be easy/hard/impossible?

I have some concerns about the last 3 bosses since the incoming damage is still reasonable even on normal.

My thinkings:

Morchok: easy
    Zonozz: easy
    Yorsahj: easy
    Hagara: easy
    Ultraxion: lol
    Gunship: might be even easier with more damage on drakes
    Spine: might get hard on third plate
    Madness: stack people ftw? More damage could result in faster tentacle/arm killings which would make it easier for me.

Thanks for advice

/edit: 10man ofc
    Last edited by mmoc64d2313849; 2012-07-04 at 07:03 PM.

Yes. Althought you might struggle at Spine. Should be easier if you use 2 spirit trinket <HoU/Tsunami>.

Deleted
    The only hard or remotely hard fight will be spine, depending on group setup you might be able to get hymns and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you'll be fine. If you do have any issues on Spine just switch in two regen trinkets and that should do the trick.

I think zonozz may be a bit more difficult than you imagine depending on your ball strategy and just overall damage

Spine should be the only problem, possibly Madness.

I've seen our own holy pally do solo heal solo tank Morchok through Ultraxion during one of our raids for kicks, and that was 10% of the debuff ago in less gear that you.

I'm certain you can do those, and probably Blackhorn as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I think zonozz may be a bit more difficult than you imagine depending on your ball strategy and just overall damage
    With radiance + LoD with bacon on the tank both the tank and the raid should be fine.

For warmaster, in p2 ignore dps on drake and just focus warmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I agree with this. Between making sure people are high enough to dispel + doing the actual dispel + the damage spikes on the tank + the general damage, you could get caught out with not enough gcds.

I (shaman) solohealed everything but the last two on normal and Ultraxion on heroic. For Madness you probably need to keep Ysera alive for some time and you have to be careful with the first damage phase of each arm tentacle as when damage is dealt so fast you trigger to many phases at once.

I am pretty skeptical about Spine though, I've never done it myself and my guild still forces 3 healers when doing spine normal as damage is pretty irrelevant. You would need to arrange the debuff at ~80% on each player with low cost healing and cancel the debuff only when needed. The hard part is letting your mana last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndAlePie View Post
    I am pretty skeptical about Spine though, I've never done it myself and my guild still forces 3 healers when doing spine normal as damage is pretty irrelevant. You would need to arrange the debuff at ~80% on each player with low cost healing and cancel the debuff only when needed. The hard part is letting your mana last.
    Seeing as I've 2 heal spine hc, solo healing spine normal don't seam that far away.

I've solohealed the first 5 bosses in my holy paladin, and im less geared than you, so yeah you ought to be good, spine will be a right bitch though!

Blackhorn should be doable, but you'll want to stack a lot of range dps to kill the drakes and goriona off quickly. Ideally, you'll probably want a shadow priest to throw a DH out when the boss himself gets kind of low and the his shout AoE starts doing a lot of damage.

Spine ... maybe. It really depends on how good your group is about using personal healing. If you have a dps shaman who can keep healing rain down, or better yet an enhance shammy who can off-heal by burning Maelstrom Weapon stacks on GHW heals, it might be doable. As with the last fight, a shadow priest for DH is always a good thing, and an unholy dk with AMZ wouldn't go amiss either. I feel like this fight is going to be decided by how well you can manage your mana rather than having enough throughput to keep people alive. I'd suggest going for a regen trinket setup. Heart of Unliving paired with either Shard of Woe (if you have it) or Jaws of Defeat. Darkmoon: Tsunami isn't a bad option either depending on what's available to you. Probably throw Heartsong on your weapon instead of Power Torrent as well.

Madness, probably doable at this point. The trick to this one is to keep the raid damage low for as long as you can. Try to have dps keep from pushing the Arm/Wing below 90% until the hemorhages come out. This will allow you to basically keep the raid up with HL/HS and holy power spells until the serious AoE starts, at which point you just want as much mana as you can have. Not to mention it lets dps pull some crazy numbers with spellweave if you tank the hemorhages on the Arm/Wing.

It's also not a bad idea to change the platform order to do green last. Green last lets you basically negate all serious damage for the entirety of the fight, in addition to buffing your healing by 20%. I'd recommend Red > Yellow > Blue > Green for 2 reasons. You don't waste time by moving several platforms at a time, and you keep the spellweave buff up as long as possible. There really aren't any tricks I can come up with for Phase 2 other than killing 1 set of adds quickly then just burning DW with lots of personal defensive cd's. If you're running with 8 dps, that shouldn't be any problem at all.

You should be able to do it. Have the raid minimize damage they take, we use 3-4 healers on every fight in 25 heroic and could probably drop some on most fights
    Last edited by Obsession; 2012-07-05 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Blackhorn should be doable, but you'll want to stack a lot of range dps to kill the drakes and goriona off quickly. Ideally, you'll probably want a shadow priest to throw a DH out when the boss himself gets kind of low and the his shout AoE starts doing a lot of damage.
    For what its worth, I solo healed p2 of warmaster on heroic and on normal you never have to take the small swirrly things so the raid damage will be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Blackhorn shouldn't be a problem, P2 is the most boring thing in the place to heal. And if he gets any problem it'd be p1.
    I don't know if its just me or something, but I feel p2 in Heroic is way easier than Normal, after Goriona Flys off.

Spine and Zon'ozz will be the only problems. I've solo healed Warmaster on heroic so on normal it's 100% doable.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    Spine and Zon'ozz will be the only problems. I've solo healed Warmaster on heroic so on normal it's 100% doable.
    Zon'Ozz normal shouldnt be an issue.
    Did it a few months back on my disc priest.

Just ask for a tranq/Hymn if u feel like needing one..
    U should not get more then 2 black phases anyways.

Spine might be the only real issue, Madness 1st 3 platforms shouldnt be an issue u can use ur cheap heal on the corruption part and if people are spread out enough its fine. 4th platform ask for a tranq/hymn when needed, 2nd phase = sure kill.

spine is realy easy if you do it right and your raid isnt pugs, everyone stack includ tank beacon tank >wait for 6-7 ppl to have plasma> spam holy radiance until you have less than 4 ppl that recive heal from it , repeat the idea is that holy radiance above 4-5 players is the most cheap healing per mana and while waiting for ppl to take dmg you regain mana. cdusage i personally do DF+AW at the first and the the last guardian at the second (start of platforms)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    I agree with this. Between making sure people are high enough to dispel + doing the actual dispel + the damage spikes on the tank + the general damage, you could get caught out with not enough gcds.
    I almost did that on my alt back during 10% nerf and I wasn't an amazing healer back then, when I say almost I mean we were succesfull but I screwed up at one point so I had to ask the other healer (who was afk for the rest of the fight) to pop tranq for the last black phase as I wasnt sure I could keep everyone alive.