Deleted

Software Development - London UK

Heya,

So I've applied and got into a Software Development apprenticeship delivered by QA - http://apprenticeships.qa.com/appren...pers-programme

Now in order to be guaranteed a placement I NEED to find my own employer. I have one lead at the moment as my mums friend works for a company and I have been offered work experience with them (before I applied for the apprenticeship) but as always this isn't set in stone.

Does anyone know any companies that are willing to take on apprentices or even work for a company who may be able to.

All my training is government paid. The company gets money from the government aswell for employing me, there's no real reason why companies shouldn't. But this program is the only one in the whole country...

Deleted
    Try the big ones - IBM, Intel etc. I'm pretty sure IBM have a London office.

The reason I say this is that they generally love taking on students and apprentices - I did 3 months in QA as a student at IBM. Hated the work but loved the company. Try the big ones because they also, with a bigger work force, have more room for your type of positions. And finally, where possible, don't speak to HR. See if you can get in touch with placement/student co-ordinators, management etc as normally they can bend HR's ears into shape about taking you on.

And good luck!