Last Check Before I start Buying

Just makin sure everything makes sense and will function properly before I hit the order button lol. I've already purchased the GPU luckily. Only concerns I have are with the motherboard because of some of the reviews saying bad things so just checking with you guys. And also I have a discount on windows 7 pro for 115 compared to the home edition for 100 and was wondering if it was worth it for 15 bucks more? Anyways here's the build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (219.99 tigerdirect)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler (79.99 tigerdirect)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 (129.99 newegg)
    Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM (59.99 Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB (92.99 newegg)
    Video Card: Evga gtx 680 (499.99 newegg)(already got it)
    Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM Mid-Tower Gaming Case (129.99 tigerdirect)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply (159.99 newegg)
    Dvd burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM (18.99 newegg)
    total: around $1500 including the OS

So ya, make me feel better about this motherboard and windows 7 home vs pro for 15 dollars more
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by trauk10 View Post
    Just makin sure everything makes sense and will function properly before I hit the order button lol. I've already purchased the GPU luckily. Only concerns I have are with the motherboard because of some of the reviews saying bad things so just checking with you guys. And also I have a discount on windows 7 pro for 115 compared to the home edition for 100 and was wondering if it was worth it for 15 bucks more? Anyways here's the build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (219.99 tigerdirect)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler (79.99 tigerdirect)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 (129.99 newegg)
    Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM (59.99 Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB (92.99 newegg)
    Video Card: Evga gtx 680 (499.99 newegg)(already got it)
    Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM Mid-Tower Gaming Case (129.99 tigerdirect)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply (159.99 newegg)
    Dvd burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM (18.99 newegg)
    total: around $1500 including the OS

So ya, make me feel better about this motherboard and windows 7 home vs pro for 15 dollars more
    Thank you!
    That board is good asrock is one of the best atm...that psu is overkill for you rig get a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151093 instead
    You Can't C Me!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Motherboard is fine. I have it and love it.

Here's a chart showing the difference between windows versions. I run Windows 7 Ultimate and quite honestly, I feel like I could downgrade to Home Premium without really feeling like I'm missing out on anything except the ability to stroke my epeen. Your call, but that's probably $15 you can save.

Overall the build looks solid enough. The one thing I'd suggest is while you've chosen a great power supply, 750w is overkill for that rig unless you're looking at running SLI. You could save yourself $50-75 by dropping down to a 650 or even a probably a 550 without having any trouble.

Just another thing to think about... if you drop to a smaller PSU, you can use the savings to pick up a 90-120gb SSD to use for Windows and your most frequently-used programs, and just use the HDD for other programs and storage. I have one and honestly don't think I'll ever be able to go back to a traditional HDD for my main drive.

Win7pro has exactly one feature gamers might be interested in: xp virtual machine for better compatibility. Besides that the next two potentially interesting features are support for more RAM than 16GB and disc encryption. 8GB should be enough for most home users for next five years, and there are free disc encryption tools available, so neither of those are really that important.

Since you're paying $1500 I'd take the Win7 pro 'just because' for the extra $15, but there isn't any real need for it. Also keep in mind that the win7pro can be obtained for free or at very low cost through student discount, don't pay too much for such discounted versions.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorphius View Post
    750w is overkill for that rig unless you're looking at running SLI.
    ya I was buying the 750w just 'incase' i were to SLI in the future so I don't have to upgrade again you know? I probably won't have to SLI considering the games I play but I may change my games lol, atm it's just WoW, d3, torchlight 2 when it comes out and gw2 when it comes out but who knows.. i may become a super graphics fps gamer haha. Thank you everyone for info about win7. About the SSD I'd prolly be fine without it even tho it's much faster loads and stuff.
    One other thing I forgot to mention. I'm looking for a cheap monitor. i was looking at:
    Acer P216HL Black 21.5" 5ms Widescreen LED Monitor 250 cd/m2 100,000,000:1 Built-in Speakers, A Grade (95 at newegg)
    mainly because it's cheap and is the cheapest 1080p monitor. Would this be a good one to settle with? I'm not all for huge screens since I"m used to my 12inch laptop screen lol

The only reason you say you will be fine without a SSD is because you haven't tried one, it is the single biggest hardware upgrade you can make for your computers everyday usage. Windows loads something that feels around 3-4 times faster than on your average HDD, most programs load instantly, loading times in wow is 3 times faster and on top of that all the textures are loaded instantly. Once you go SSD you never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    The only reason you say you will be fine without a SSD is because you haven't tried one, it is the single biggest hardware upgrade you can make for your computers everyday usage. Windows loads something that feels around 3-4 times faster than on your average HDD, most programs load instantly, loading times in wow is 3 times faster and on top of that all the textures are loaded instantly. Once you go SSD you never go back.
    this times a million, having tried one at a friends house recently i havent been impressed with anything that much since I first saw a 3Dfx graphics card with glQuake.

lol ok ok then which SSD should I go for if I were to just put windows and my games on it? how big i mean. And what about that monitor i mentioned :P

Most people suggest Crucial M4 or Samsung 830, they are booth well-known for their superb reliability. I would not go for anything less than 128GB, if you settle for less you will only regret it later when you don't have enough space.

I don't know anything about that monitor but I would advice you to think about how much time you spend in front of your computer every day and if your eyes deserve a cheap monitor like that.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I don't know anything about that monitor but I would advice you to think about how much time you spend in front of your computer every day and if your eyes deserve a cheap monitor like that.
    I don't want a huge monitor, I was lookin at the 17inch ones but their resolutions weren't so great. Also runnin out of money haha, but I see what you're gettin at, guess I'll figure it out. Thank you for the SSD options and thanks everyone for all the advice

hey man. imm buying the same mobo, processor, cooler and ram. how is the clearance with the cooler and the ram?