Soul Casket for H Spine?

well, im short on VP to purchase Bottle Wishes, so i grabbed Soul Casket for the time being, and noticed, aside from -364sp vs. bottle, i gain almost 2 mastery points from using it. On top of that, the duration of the on-use is 5 secs longer (20 vs. 15sec), which lines up better with the tendon exposure.

My question is, how come I havent seen anyone recommending it? unless my knowledge failed me, it does look like a viable choice to use along with WoU for tendon 4pc burst.

what are your thoughts on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The VP trinkets are a must for Spine due to the low cooldown (1.5m). Soul Casket has a 2min CD and since they will put each other on CD you should use the one with lower CD.

Depending on your raid DPS with all the nerfs even the VP trinket's CD may be too long. It used to be a must however since you'd have it for every expose and the DPS check on that fight was insane.

Bottled Wishes: 2290 SP 458 Haste
    Soul Casket: 1926SP 321 Mastery

The former gives you more than 300 extra SP over the former despite the lower CD, not to mention that Haste is much more valuable to practicaly all classes over mastery. If you want to get down into specifics then even more so on tendons since the extra haste may equal to an extra cast of a spell/tick of a dot on the tendon.
    Last edited by Daerth; 2012-07-05 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks for your respond.

you are absolutely spot on about that 2min CD. However, on the first lift during our few trial attempts last week, we got the tendon down to about 30%, so on the 2nd lift, its just a matter of finishing it off, and CDs arent exactly needed. What we're aiming for is trying to get it down on a single lift.

The reason I devalued haste on Bottle Wishes is due to the multiple threads i've read in which everyone recommended reforging for mastery as first priority, then crit, and haste come dead last and being sacrificed for the other 2 stats. I'm however not sure if anything has changed after the 25% nerfed.

eventually, i will grab bottle wishes once i accumulate enough VP, which is next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerth View Post
    The former gives you more than 300 extra SP over the former despite the lower CD

Might wanna edit that for clarity.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starko View Post
    Thanks for your respond.

you are absolutely spot on about that 2min CD. However, on the first lift during our few trial attempts last week, we got the tendon down to about 30%, so on the 2nd lift, its just a matter of finishing it off, and CDs arent exactly needed. What we're aiming for is trying to get it down on a single lift.

The reason I devalued haste on Bottle Wishes is due to the multiple threads i've read in which everyone recommended reforging for mastery as first priority, then crit, and haste come dead last and being sacrificed for the other 2 stats. I'm however not sure if anything has changed after the 25% nerfed.

eventually, i will grab bottle wishes once i accumulate enough VP, which is next week.
    This is definitely the case most of the time now - the second lift is usually not very important, and you can focus on giving full DPS to amalgamations rather than worry about getting your shadowfiend back off CD.

However, I would suggest that your raid not waste time trying to get the first tendon in one lift unless it seems quite easy because for your group - meaning you have amazing DPS but are still just now working on heroic spine (seems unlikely - no offense intended). It's easier to just play through the fight as intended and use heroism on the third tendon's first lift to allow the healers some breathing room and to get the final tendon as low as possible before the final phase. Wkipping a lift on the first plate will make the rest of the fight quite easy, but it's no small task to down it in one lift with most normal groups and you don't want to waste wipes on the first plate when the real challenge is the final plate for the tanks and healers.

Just my opinion on that.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Starko View Post
    well, im short on VP to purchase Bottle Wishes, so i grabbed Soul Casket for the time being, and noticed, aside from -364sp vs. bottle, i gain almost 2 mastery points from using it. On top of that, the duration of the on-use is 5 secs longer (20 vs. 15sec), which lines up better with the tendon exposure.

My question is, how come I havent seen anyone recommending it? unless my knowledge failed me, it does look like a viable choice to use along with WoU for tendon 4pc burst.

what are your thoughts on it?
    Are you progressing, or are you just toying around? I found that I don't even need to reforge from my 2141 haste, or wear a VP trinket for that matter, and I'm still first or second place, the Rogue is a tough one to fight on that. Regardless, I don't honestly feel it's worth using the VP trinket. Since we're farming, I prefer my Rainbow Generator. >_>" Either way, I still don't feel like using the VP trinket is needed if everyone does their job right at this point.

the goal was set to push everyone to the limit, but we're all know its impossible since we're only progressing atm.

does anyone know the exact health of the tendon on 10m H?