Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the game is good.

It's only 60 bucks and you don't have to commit to it, those are my friends reasons for buying it. But I hear a lot that the game may not have any endgame pve, and i am a dragonslayer mostly so I am not that interested. But I've been bitching for a questing experience that this game provides ever since I started playing World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    I don't mind spending $60, but I would like to be told what is going to make GW2 make me say.. WoW sucks, this is awesome, and play a B2P (right? No monthly stuff just the box?) game.
    No one will tell you that. And quite frankly nothing should tell you that.

GW2 is not about makign wow suck......its about being a fun MMO.

Go look at the GW2 website, watch their manifesto video, read the thread at teh top of this forum and make up your own mind.

Its about an approach to MMOS thats not centered around gear and grind, but about activity and fun and keeping the whole world relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Yes, it's worth it.

This vid was made over a year ago, Old but gold! :3

Doing some video soul-searching.. Reading the responses here, looking at the other forum stickies and such now.. I'm definitely going to pre-order it and get in on the last Beta and see if I like what I see.

<3 You guys are the greatest

Aveline's amazing work!

Question being.. Since I never got into GW1, didn't really get into it. Been playing WoW for 7+ years, D2 for 5+ years prior to WoW (or while still playing WoW) is GW2 going to be worth the $60 right off the bat? Or am I better off waiting for some reviews and to then make a decision?
    You can only get biased opinions on this question in a Guild Wars 2 subforum.

An objective answer is the game is priced as similar MMOs. The hook being no ongoing sub fee- so the value is no worse than similarly priced single player games. If $60 is no big deal, than as a savvy consumer [and I am going to assume you are] the purchase has little risk or required commitment.

Deleted
    Well GW2 is very little like GW1. Still, if you're truly unsure, wait for it to launch and see other people check it. But remember, some will see it as amazing perfect thing while others will put a crap review without even trying, so always read the reviews between 7-9 mark (if it's out of 10) first, as those seem to bring most good and bad things. Only then read the 10 and 4 ones, because those might be a bit overreacted on both parts. If the game has mostly reviews of 8+ and a few 1-2 ones, then it's great usually.

But really, I advise buying it, I think it's quite a good game. However, as I said, if you want to be sure, wait for reviews.

---------- Post added 2012-07-05 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We won't know, do we? All you can do is look at videos and fansites and consider if it is "for you". Then you can wait for reviews.

History tells us, that there will always be a huge anticipation (hype) about the newest releases on the market. It happened actually as far back as AoC with ppl suggesting it needs it own subforum because it would certainly squash WoW. Continued with WAR, GW1, Aion, Rift and SWOTOR.
    Although Rift and SW:ToR didn't "squash" WoW, it doesn't mean they failed, they're both still doing good, especially Rift.

Is it worth it? Yes. That's what I think.

What you think will be entirely up to you. But it's just the box price for something you'll never have again to pay for and you will always have access to.

And as an end note, it will never make you say "WoW sucks". It's naive. But it will make you think "It's different". You may not understand what it means in its entirety unless you try it, but if you do, hope to see you around for a long time. :3

I would approach it like you would a single player game instead of the major investment a WoW, ToR or other sub based MMO turns out to be over time. If your willing to drop 60 bucks on something like skyrim, play through it once, and then shelve it then GW2 is no more risk than that. If you love it and want to abandon your past games to devote yourself to GW2 mind body and soul great. If you play through the game once and decide its not good for you long term thats fine, you got at least as much content out of it as any other single playthrough game you've bought in the past 10 years and just like those other games you can go back any time the mood strikes you.

I already view GW2 as a better deal than any other single player game I've bought over the last years. At minimum I'll get as much if not more playtime just playing through one storyline for a comperable price. Unless it turns out the gamestyle is totaly unintresting for you its kinda hard to go wrong with this purchase.

Who is John Galt?

I imagine the vast majority of WoW players who bought/buy GW2 will continue to play both.

I will definately be satisfying my raid needs with WoW, and my need to have dramatic amounts of fun in GW2.

Difference between GW2 and WoW? GW2 focuses on you having fun, if it's not fun, they fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalfrisk View Post
    I imagine the vast majority of WoW players who bought/buy GW2 will continue to play both.

I will definately be satisfying my raid needs with WoW, and my need to have dramatic amounts of fun in GW2.

Difference between GW2 and WoW? GW2 focuses on you having fun, if it's not fun, they fix it.
    Sounds like you dont find wow fun, so why play it. I dont know to what extreme your thinking GW2 will fix non fun things, how do they get a consensus on what people arent finding fun, if I personally dont find a particular class they arent going to go fixing that but if its obvious that only 3% of people play a thief will the fix it, do 3% play it because its not fun or because its poorly balanced? I just dont quite see Anet 'fixing' things because they aren't fun at the drop of a hat.

The difference between gw2 and wow is certainly not that one focuses on fun and the other doesnt, the differences are vastly more in depth than that.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-07-06 at 05:57 AM.

If you're up for trying it, go ahead and pre-purchase it and try out the last BWE. If you don't like it, you can always get a refund and the only thing you will have lost is a couple hours of your time! I'd say it's a pretty good deal. And if you end up liking it, great! In my opinion, that's worth it, and since you seem to have some interest in it, I don't see a reason to not go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a game with the same price tag as a single player game with the content (more imo) of your typical MMO. I definitely think it's worth the risk of trying out, but don't take my word for it... watch the tons of YT videos that are out there, the stickies on this forum and the reviews from the media. There's mountains of information out there regarding GW2, GL on you decision

"Thread: Is Guild Wars 2 going to be worth it?"

Yes