Deleted

Help! need new laptop

Hello guys! I need a Laptop that can run smoothly ( high settings at least with 60 fps constantly) games like World of Warcraft, Diablo III, League of legends.
    I am asking you guys for help because i know very little about laptops, so any help will be appreciated!

The price i can afford is 800€ maximum.
    Thanks

Where exactly do you live? Do you have any other kinds of requirements of the computer other than gaming?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Where exactly do you live? Do you have any other kinds of requirements of the computer other than gaming?
    I'm form in Spain. Other requirements that i would like to have are: gigabit wlan conection ( i got fibre optic internet 100/10 so i would like to get the maximum of it while conected with lan cable), a decent amount of hard drive space(500gb-1tb), around 6 to 8 gb ram, about the CPU i guess i5 or i7, don't mind if its the second or third generation, i don't see too much difference, and of course a decent GPU

Not sure if with 800€ any laptop can meet this requirements, if its not possible, reccomend me the closest one to this price, i can go a little bit higher but not much.

The other tasks than i am planning to do with it is basically media, watch videos, websurfing, normal College stuff ( Microsoft Word, Excell etc ) I don't intend to do any kind of video editing or design.
    Last edited by mmoc5ce64fdb4d; 2012-07-07 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, Albser . I don't think that Newegg ships to Spain, so I'll link you computers from Lenovo.com directly (if you can provide a PC reseller/newegg equivalent from Europe, I'll see what's on there).

I recommend these two:

- 14" Screen
    - i7-3610QM Quad @ 2.3GHz
    - GT 640m LE (2GB)
    - 500GB HDD @ 7200 RPM
    - 8GB RAM @ 1600MHz
    - Centrino 2200 B/G/N
    - $899.00 (€ 732.00)

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...4607F2E57AE7FD

-------------------------------------------------

- 15.6" Screen
    - GTX 660M (2GB)
    - 1TB HDD @ 5400 RPM
    - 8GB RAM @ 1600MHz
    - Centrino 2200 B/G/N
    - $949.00 (€ 773.00)

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...4F5F5622D1AC7A

-------------------------------------------------

Both are excellent choices for your needs, and the graphics cards on each are great. Whatever your personal preference is, that's the laptop you choose.

For example, if you like a larger screen and a GPU that is blazingly fast, choose the second option (I would for only 40 more euros).

However, if you need a more portable laptop, choose the first option. The screen is a little smaller, and the graphics card will run your games great (not as good as the GTX 660m, but ok).

Quote Originally Posted by albser View Post
    I'm form in Spain. Other requirements that i would like to have are: gigabit wlan conection ( i got fibre optic internet 100/10 so i would like to get the maximum of it while conected with lan cable), a decent amount of hard drive space(500gb-1tb), around 6 to 8 gb ram, about the CPU i guess i5 or i7, don't mind if its the second or third generation, i don't see too much difference, and of course a decent GPU

Not sure if with 800€ any laptop can meet this requirements, if its not possible, reccomend me the closest one to this price, i can go a little bit higher but not much.

The other tasks than i am planning to do with it is basically media, watch videos, websurfing, normal College stuff ( Microsoft Word, Excell etc ) I don't intend to do any kind of video editing or design.
    I can't seem to find an online store for Spain.
    Do you know a few I can browse around on, or was that the point of your post to begin with?

Deleted
    I can't seem to find an online store for Spain.
    Do you know a few I can browse around on, or was that the point of your post to begin with?
    Sorry for confusing, that wasn't the point xd, maybe i didn't express myself properly. The previous post is exactly what i needed, now i can try find it in stores or any online webpage here in spain ( i need an specific spanish letter "ñ" on the keyboard, thats why i cannot order the laptop from abroad :P). thanks a lot for the help, i think i will go for the second option of the laptop listed above, looks great and perfect for my needs, now i just need to find it!

Edit: I found website similar to newegg which is this one: www.pccomponentes.es, it is in spanish, although some product descriptions are still in english. Looks like there is not much variaty here, and i can't find that laptop, i will keep searching. Tomorrow i will go to some stores and see what i can find. I will post then in case i need more help from you guys!
    another web: www.amazon.es
    Last edited by mmoc5ce64fdb4d; 2012-07-08 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, Albser . Good news. From the reseller you supplied me, I found a laptop that most closly resembles one you can buy from Lenovo.com

- 17.3" Screen
    - TWO HDDs, one 500GB, one 1000GB
    - GT 640M (this is better than the LE version, it's clocked higher)
    - 8GB RAM
    - A/G/N Wireless Chip (supports gigabit)
    - Resolution of 1600x900
    - € 770.34 ex VAT (?)

http://www.pccomponentes.com/acer_as...40m_17_3_.html

If it's actually € 909.00, it'll be € 100.00 over your budget, but it's the closest thing I can find with a ñ.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternatively

- 15.6" Screen
    - i5 @ 2.5GHz
    - 750GB HDD
    - GT 630M
    - 8GB RAM
    - Gigabit ethernet support
    - Resolution of 1366x768
    - € 705.00

http://www.amazon.es/Acer-AS5755-Ord...1748112&sr=1-2

I suggest the first one. . . but it's probably not what you want to spend.

The GT 640M is a nice jump from the GT 630M. The 640M has 384 pipelines @ 625MHz, while the 630M 96 pipelines @ 672MHz.
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2012-07-08 at 12:29 PM.

You got it the wrong way around with the LE 640m,
    The LE version is an underclocked one, its below the 635m.

GeForce GT 650M 384@735 - 850MHz

GeForce GT 640M 384@625MHz

GeForce GT 635M 144@675-753MHz

GeForce GT 640M LE 384@500MHz

GeForce GT 630M 96@672MHz

GeForce GT 620M 96@625 - 715MHz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyqt View Post
    Hey, Albser . Good news. From the reseller you supplied me, I found a laptop that most closly resembles one you can buy from Lenovo.com

- 17.3" Screen
    - TWO HDDs, one 500GB, one 1000GB
    - GT 640M (this is better than the LE version, it's clocked higher)
    - 8GB RAM
    - A/G/N Wireless Chip (supports gigabit)
    - Resolution of 1600x900
    - € 770.34 ex VAT (?)

http://www.pccomponentes.com/acer_as...40m_17_3_.html

If it's actually € 909.00, it'll be € 100.00 over your budget, but it's the closest thing I can find with a ñ.

Alternatively

- 15.6" Screen
    - i5 @ 2.5GHz
    - 750GB HDD
    - GT 630M
    - 8GB RAM
    - Gigabit ethernet support
    - Resolution of 1366x768
    - € 705.00

http://www.amazon.es/Acer-AS5755-Ord...1748112&sr=1-2

I suggest the first one. . . but it's probably not what you want to spend.

The GT 640M is a nice jump from the GT 630M. The 640M has 384 pipelines @ 625MHz, while the 630M 96 pipelines @ 672MHz.
    Thanks for the fast reply! for the difference in price i think i would go for the second one, 900 is too much ( there is a 2% discount applied to that plus you must add the shipping costs). One little question, is it really that big difference from the 630 to the 640? in game fps, how much difference there will be? if it is a matter of 5-10fps then i wouldn't worry, if its more i would think it a little bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterec View Post
    You got it the wrong way around with the LE 640m,
    The LE version is an underclocked one, its below the 635m.
    I was saying that the GT 640M is better than the GT 640M LE, because it's clocked higher :P. Sorry if the wording is weird .

It is; we pay VAT in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by albser View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply! for the difference in price i think i would go for the second one, 900 is too much ( there is a 2% discount applied to that plus you must add the shipping costs). One little question, is it really that big difference from the 630 to the 640? in game fps, how much difference there will be? if it is a matter of 5-10fps then i wouldn't worry, if its more i would think it a little bit more.
    The GT640M is about 4x as powerful.

http://www.pccomponentes.com/acer_as...40m_15_6_.html ?
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-07-08 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I missed this computer, but here it is. It's right at your EUR 800 budget, but it has:

- 15.6" Screen
    - i7-2670QM @ 2.2GHz
    - 750GB HDD @ 5400RPM
    - Radeon 6770M (better than the GT 640M LE, but slightly worse than the GT 640M) <--- a.k.a. it's really nice.
    - 6GB RAM
    - B/G/N (gigabit support)
    - 1366x768 Resolution
    - € 783

http://www.pccomponentes.com/hp_pavi...70m_15_6_.html

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 12:27 PM ----------

It is; we pay VAT in Europe.
    The GT640M is about 4x as powerful.

http://www.pccomponentes.com/acer_as...40m_15_6_.html ?
    Yeah, I saw that, but I thought the CPU would be lacking...it's clocked at 1.6GHz. I don't know if the boost kicks in during gameplay. But if it does, I'd get the Acer Aspire you linked.

http://www.pccomponentes.com/acer_as...40m_15_6_.html
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2012-07-08 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot tetrisGOAT and frostyqt for you help! I really like those two laptops you guys listed:

http://www.pccomponentes.com/hp_pavi...70m_15_6_.html
    and
    http://www.pccomponentes.com/acer_as...40m_15_6_.html

Comparing both, here are my main concerns:

Acer has got a really good price, as far as i can see it is very slim, could this cause heating problems over 4-5h constant gameplay ?

The Acer has a GT640M 1gb DDR3 dedicated memory whereas the Hp pavilion got a AMD Radeon HD 6770M with DDR5 2 GB dedicated, and can reach a total of 5,22 GB, DDR3. the question is, Nvidia GT640 DDR3 1GB vs AMD Radeon HDDDR5 2 GB, who wins?

Acer has 4Gb ram (6 maximum) vs Hp pavilion 6gb ram (8 maximum), how can this affect gameplay/normal usage of the pc.

Acer i5-2467M vs Hp Pavilion i7-2670QM, what are the mains differences and in what kind of tasks do both "shine" the most?

The Acer has a 20gb ssd and the Hp pavilion doesn't.

If i don't forget something, the rest of the characteristics are very similar in both laptops. (hdd space i don't mind, both gigabit ethernet, both have 3.0 usb, both HDMI etc)

And my last question, if your main goal for these laptos were to do some casual gaming (4h-5h constant gameplay max, take heating into account) plus normal use of them ( media, music, youtube, web browsing, Microsoft Word, Excell ) which one WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

thanks

The HP Pavilion is likely better.
    The i7 2670QM is a quad core with hyper threading. The i5 2467M is a dual core with hyper threading.

The bit where the GT 640M is better is likely completely off-set by it only having DDR3 rather than GDDR5, yes.

If you are comfortable with the pricebump, the HP Pavilion is likely better for the games you listed.
    For more GPU-oriented games, not so much.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    I would choose the HP (if you don't mind the EUR 150 difference). It has more RAM, and a better processor. WoW is very CPU intensive. Getting the HP laptop will allow WoW to run better. The extra RAM in the HP will aid with multi-tasking.

Ultrabooks generally are not manufactured for gaming, especially not for extended periods of time such as 5 hours.

You will not notice much of a difference with the SSD only being 20GB. I doubt the OS can be loaded onto it, so I do not think the website will ship it pre-stocked with Win7 installed on the SSD.

The GPU difference is not that much. For the games you are going to be playing, the difference that these GPUs offer is not great enough to justify buying the ultrabook (unless ofc you want to save 150 EUR).

GL with whatever you decide.

You will not notice much of a difference with the SSD only being 20GB. I doubt the OS can be loaded onto it, so I do not think the website will ship it pre-stocked with Win7 installed on the SSD.
    It's mostly used as a cache rather than a standalone drive; thus the HM77 motherboard, function not being present on HM65.
    &nbsp;

What about Asus G55?
    It Has:
    Intel Core i7 3610QM / 2.3 GHz
    12 GB ( 3 x 4 GB )DDR3 SDRAM1600 MHz
    750 GB Hybridenhet / 7200 rpm
    15.6" 1920 x 1080 ( Full HD )
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM

Its awesome gaming laptop ( which im goin to buy in two weeks time)
    Those specs are more then enough to play games like WoW or D3
    Here in Sweden this laptop can be bought for 10000 kr which is around 1k €, Imo adding those 200 shouldnt be a real problem considering the quality u are getting for that money.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlZ View Post
    Here in Sweden this laptop can be bought for 10000 kr which is around 1k €, Imo adding those 200 shouldnt be a real problem considering the quality u are getting for that money.
    But money he doesn't need to spend. It's nice, but no, adding those 200€ is a problem if he has set a budget.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Thanks a lot guys, i think i will be going to the HP pavilion. Unfortunatelly i can't spend more than 800 so buying the asus g55 gaming laptop KarlZ said is not possible, but thanks for the feedback though . ( it costs 1500 here in spain :/ look this link http://www.pccomponentes.com/asus_g5...60m_15_6_.html )

Thanks again for the help!!! I really appreciate it
    Last edited by mmoc5ce64fdb4d; 2012-07-08 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're very welcome, Albser. I hope you enjoy your new laptop .