Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    But Mindbender looks so awesome!! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Done a quick number crunch for the talents based on the SP values and DPET values (apart from where they've had to be adjusted, of course) given at the beginning of the thread.

Mindbender: 157320*1.2 (20% buff) = 3146.4 DPS
    FDCL : 2485.68 + 895 from Shadowfiend = 3380.74 DPS
    Insanity: 2271 + (21057*2.9) = 63806.3 DPET, ~ 3544.8 DPS. Adding on Shadowfiend's 895 DPS, you get 4439.8 DPS. <- Feels very very wrong. I'm not accounting for the missed ticks but even then, this number seems high.

My maths is either horribly wrong or Blizzard have just massively buffed Insanity, I'm personally hoping it's the former. Please can someone double check my maths/do their own maths and please please please prove me wrong over Insanity.
    Missed ticks will bring SW:I down quite a bit. How are you calculating shadowpet damage?
    {[( )]}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    Missed ticks will bring SW:I down quite a bit. How are you calculating shadowpet damage?
    Yeah, can imagine they will. Will let someone who's better at maths do it. Calculated Mindbender through flat 20% increase as that was what the buff was, calculated Shadowfiend via DPET/cooldown. Cooldown in seconds.

Deleted
    if you count mastery procs FDCL should proc more offten (since dots tick twice, each tick has 15% chance for fdcl) + that missed tick (in perfect scenario) could crit - proc Shadow Ap., tick twice (cause of mastery) and casting sw:i could also delay MB/sw:d. Imo it's still a dps loss compared to the other 2 talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Yeah, can imagine they will. Will let someone who's better at maths do it. Calculated Mindbender through flat 20% increase as that was what the buff was, calculated Shadowfiend via DPET/cooldown. Cooldown in seconds.
    I've been trying to figure out how shadowpet's attacks scale with spellpower. I thought you might know, since you were throwing out numbers =\
    {[( )]}

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    I've been trying to figure out how shadowpet's attacks scale with spellpower. I thought you might know, since you were throwing out numbers =\
    I can't seem to find a formula anywhere to confirm it, but Mindbender scales off 75% spellpower my head is telling me.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    I can't seem to find a formula anywhere to confirm it, but Mindbender scales off 75% spellpower my head is telling me.
    Yet again, whispers in your head!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celentes View Post
    Yet again, whispers in your head!
    My head is filled solely with shadows, whispers, and malice! So it's definitely related to shadows, or possibly whispers, or maybe malice! ^^

In any case, 75% is definitely a number that is relevant to one of the above in some capacity!

Do we still stack haste regardless if we cant reach the 8k haste plateau, or do we reforge into crit instead of haste till we get to the point where we can reach that plateau

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with haste reforging to crit wil hurt your dps when you are at <8080

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Go with haste reforging to crit wil hurt your dps when you are at <8080
    To clarify (because I found this confusing):

Go with haste until you get 8080 haste rating. Once you're past that point reforge excess haste to other stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    To clarify (because I found this confusing):

Go with haste until you get 8080 haste rating. Once you're past that point reforge excess haste to other stats.
    Yes, this, sorry if i wasn't clear enough.

Deleted
    Hey, i search pretty long but cannot find any info about haste cap for goblins, it will be 8085-600=7485, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    Hey, i search pretty long but cannot find any info about haste cap for goblins, it will be 8085-600=7485, right?
    Yes

Thanks I should put that in the guide somewhere, not sure if racial section or note in the haste cap section.

Goblin racial isn't just 600 haste rating though.
    According to http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1748 it should be 7584.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a BiS enchant list or am I just not seeing it?

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymie View Post
    Is there a BiS enchant list or am I just not seeing it?
    Wow i was about to ask the same thing :>
    I will look it up myself for now but a list for checking names quite fast in future would be pretty neat <3

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 05:34 PM ----------

Shoulder: Greater Crane Wing Inscription
    Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Superior Intellect
    Chest: Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats
    Wrist: Enchant Bracer - Super Intellect
    Hands: Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste (Haste) / Enchant Gloves - Superior Mastery (Mastery)
    Belt: Living Steel Belt Buckle
    Legs: Greater Pearlescent Spellthread (Spirit) / Greater Cerulean Spellthread (Crit)
    Feet: Enchant Boots - Greater Haste (Haste) / Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step (Runspeed)
    Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Jade Spirit (Expensive) / Enchant Weapon - Windsong (Cheap)
    Offhand: Enchant Off-Hand - Major Intellect

These would be my guess (first ones listet are better imho) :>
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2012-10-03 at 05:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll add one

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 06:09 AM ----------

Added the Enchantment section, added Combat Ratings for level 90 as a reference, and updated the Racial Bonuses section.

Anyone mind looking over the Racial Bonuses section and see what I missed? The Touch of the Grave racial seems way too good - but I'd need to level an Undead up a bunch to do some proper testing of it - and it seems easier to just ask around for an Undead priest to verify my assumptions.

Deleted
    I was always a big fan of movement speed on boots, but do you guys think with the mindflay glyph and our lvl 30 talents its still superior to haste?
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2012-10-06 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Anyone mind looking over the Racial Bonuses section and see what I missed? The Touch of the Grave racial seems way too good - but I'd need to level an Undead up a bunch to do some proper testing of it - and it seems easier to just ask around for an Undead priest to verify my assumptions.
    For example from last nights very scrappy first stone guard 25man kill for us as 2 undead priests.
    27 ticks in 7min 27second fight, 433000damage, average 16049 per tick, 1.7% of total damage.
    22 ticks, 364000damage, average 16525 per tick, 2.1% of total damage <-- switched to healing when healers went down

25 ticks for undead rogue, 416000damage, 16662 per tick, 1.6% of total damage <-- blade flurry throws it out but thought I'd put the comparison in.