Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    FX isn't officially maintained anymore but Alae has been nice enough to do a 5.4 update at H2P:
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...tart=40#p36593

It's definitely my favorite
    O_O
    Thats absolutely wonderful! I haven't used it in a long time b/c it hasn't been maintained for the patches, but that nearly brings a tear to my eye.

15+ Year Old Account
    FDCL is actually the best talent for a few SoO encounters, so yeah, make room for it.
    Ya I just like to hate it sometimes

Buffed FDCL + Buffed ToF is turning out to be a strong combo.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Another quick question!, i know ToF is strong right now but, which fight should i use ToF or Divine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried the buffed FDCL yet, but maybe I'll play with it over the next few lockouts.

@Masterik, you'll probably want to use ToF on bosses 1-5, 7-8, Spoils, and I don't yet have experience past Thok.
    My reasoning is because of the presence of many shortlived adds (not enough time for DI) or an extended execute phase (like Protectors).
    A much more comprehensive analysis can be found here, coutresy of our very own Twintop. You can draw your own conclusions from there.

Deleted
    FDCL+ToF is very strong on Garrosh to break MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, what is better: ULVS normal or Cha-Ye normal TF?

- - - Updated - - -

To be precise:

No Amplified Trinket
    18215(17614) is GCD Haste - This is the "goal" haste value.

With Amplified Trinket:
    When it says 2pc, does it mean t15 or t16?

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    When it says 2pc, does it mean t15 or t16?
    T16. Keep UVLS, it still has 1k+ passive intellect.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    T16. Keep UVLS, it still has 1k+ passive intellect.
    Thanks. I want to stab myself, my gearing is so dreadfully poor due to shadow being my offspec.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Question: Shadowpriest with 521 ilvl without tier bonus how dps must have in 25man?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question:

What kind of dps would you folks expect from someone with gear like this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eltress/simple

I'm trying to make sure I'm doing things right, from what I can tell personally, I am, but having someone else look always helps. I did very good dps back in ICC/Cata and was apart of a fairly serious raiding guild, so I know I am capable. I know a lot changed though, too, so trying to make sure I'm doing the best job that is possible for me with this gear, etc.

Ignore the missing trinket, I was trying out that 50,000 Timeless Coin int trinket, I have another haste trinket that procs either crit or mastery that goes there, however it is low ilvl. Also, going to be putting Lightweave embroidery back on the cape, I enchanted it twice for stamina just to get enchanting to 610. :P

Thanks!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilloras View Post
    Question: Shadowpriest with 521 ilvl without tier bonus how dps must have in 25man?
    Depends greatly on the type of fight, but I'd guess their Patchwerk would come in around 120-150k, just as a ballpark for that item level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Question:

What kind of dps would you folks expect from someone with gear like this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eltress/simple

I'm trying to make sure I'm doing things right, from what I can tell personally, I am, but having someone else look always helps. I did very good dps back in ICC/Cata and was apart of a fairly serious raiding guild, so I know I am capable. I know a lot changed though, too, so trying to make sure I'm doing the best job that is possible for me with this gear, etc.

Ignore the missing trinket, I was trying out that 50,000 Timeless Coin int trinket, I have another haste trinket that procs either crit or mastery that goes there, however it is low ilvl. Also, going to be putting Lightweave embroidery back on the cape, I enchanted it twice for stamina just to get enchanting to 610. :P

Thanks!
    If you are having trouble with DPS, it's because of your weapon. Dragon Soul Heroic weapons (off Madness) are literally better than that o.O

The Siege of Orgrimmar Normal weapons are four times better than that thing.

Worry less about trinkets, and run some Heroic Scenarios or something so you can get a 524 weapon, that would be a 104 item level upgrade to your most important piece of gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you!

Anything in particular you would suggest? Looking back I realize this question was vague. I mean like any particular H Scenarios or dungeons that would be more likely to drop a weapon I could use?
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2013-09-26 at 08:28 AM.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Really 120-150k!!! I'm doing something wrong cause I have only 87-100k....

So I'm not a shadow priest, nor do I rarely play one, and I certainly dont keep up on their gemming. In saying that, I saw a SP with and expertise gem (in their legendary cloak of all things) and I was like wtf. So when I asked them, they said that expertise goes towards your spell hit now. Is this true and Im just way out of touch, or are they misinformed. Cheers all.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    So I'm not a shadow priest, nor do I rarely play one, and I certainly dont keep up on their gemming. In saying that, I saw a SP with and expertise gem (in their legendary cloak of all things) and I was like wtf. So when I asked them, they said that expertise goes towards your spell hit now. Is this true and Im just way out of touch, or are they misinformed. Cheers all.
    I was very surprised when my friend told me I could enchant/gem for expertise if I need it, it does affect spell hit indeed!
    "A flower.

I was very surprised when my friend told me I could enchant/gem for expertise if I need it, it does affect spell hit indeed!
    That's crazy, I wonder why they went and did that. Either way, thanks for the fast response.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    That's crazy, I wonder why they went and did that. Either way, thanks for the fast response.
    Definitely!

And I couldn't tell you, but it's like every class can use everything... except...

The day warriors use intellect I will go to BlizzHQ and have a chat with the devs.

Warriors are supposed to be stupid.

​:P
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Mr robot suggest in some cases expertise gems I see to my priest too when I put my character there!

It was intended as an option for low geared hit based casters to reach caps. With the way gear spread is across an expansion currently, starting in entry level blues it can be rather complicated to hit cap for some classes.

Remember shadow has both hit and spirit it can use to reach the cap, classes like mages and warlocks do not. So with this change it allows them to on a piece with say Hit and Mastery, Reforge the mastery to expertise, (where we would normally do mastery to spirit, they are unable to) and end up with 100% of one stat, and 40% of the second towards their hit cap. It's entirely for flexibility with gearing.

The bonus to us, is that it uses a red gem color (or the red side of an orange gem) where as hit and spirit both use blue. So in top end gear, what priests are doing now, is aiming for as little spirit/hit gear as possible, and taking advantage of the double secondary stat on gems, and putting the expertise in the red sockets, leaving more of the stats on your gear available to be reforged to crit and mastery (assuming you're already at haste gcd cap) as they would likely be worth more than 50% of what Int is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you!

Anything in particular you would suggest? Looking back I realize this question was vague. I mean like any particular H Scenarios or dungeons that would be more likely to drop a weapon I could use?
    The Daily Heroic Scenario bag can give you a 516 weapon you can upgrade to 524 - I seem to get a lot of weapons that way - I'd definitely recommend that. Beyond that, LFR can give you some good stuff - I'd recommend Flex but you probably wouldn't be let in with your weapon :/

Heroic Scenario Dailies and LFR are the best bets