Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Shadow can always cast Renew, ProM, and Life Grip in Shadowform now?
    Correct

and made glyph of dark binding into glyph of focused mending
    This.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Correct

This.
    Interesting move! I wonder which direction they plan to take us - will this prelude a greater emphasis on support healing - or will this be all the healing we have, as prelude to cutting out Flash Heal and T90 healing? *ponders*
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you remove Sardonyx and Adventurine from the first post it's really unhelpful for someone who will read it for first time.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post

I wanna be alli again so sick of troll, want to be a male human again with my wizard mog
    But Troll is bestest! I wish I could be Ally troll.

O.O

So wait I'm confused - Shadow can always cast Renew, ProM, and Life Grip in Shadowform now?

Then they deleted glyph of focused mending, and made glyph of dark binding into glyph of focused mending?

So weird!
    Huh... I wasn't expecting that change at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow has been that way for months and months now, do you two even Shadow?!

Shadow has been that way for months and months now, do you two even Shadow?!
    Only the most crazed of us play shadow.

Im switching to shadow for WoD, curious if there has ever been discussion about mind blast CD(8sec now on live) being affected by haste? Would make me a very happy ex-warlock!
    Last edited by Glnger; 2014-03-09 at 08:04 PM.

care to elaborate?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    care to elaborate?
    That discussion is about as old as Mind Blast - we had it during MoP Beta and it wasnt as fun as you think (it feels spammy when its like 4 second cooldown, or faster).

10+ Year Old Account
    care to elaborate?
    We don't have it, we're not going to have it based on everything the Devs have said.

That discussion is about as old as Mind Blast - we had it during MoP Beta and it wasnt as fun as you think (it feels spammy when its like 4 second cooldown, or faster).
    I never said spammy or anything of the sort. I simply said haste would affect the cooldown, much like a few other spells currently in the game. obviously not at a 1:1 value

15+ Year Old Account
    I never said spammy or anything of the sort. I simply said haste would affect the cooldown, much like a few other spells currently in the game. obviously not at a 1:1 value
    I know you didn't say spammy, I said spammy regarding when we had haste reducing the Mind Blast cooldown 1:1 during the MoP beta.

I agree our resources should scale with haste, but the way to do it would be something like Coalesce (from my shadow redesign thread a few months ago):

Coalesce - *new* - Passive - regenerate 1 Shadow Orb every 30 seconds, cooldown reduced by haste.

Shadow Orbs are more valuable than Holy Power - so we can't just spam Mind Blast like Crusader Strike - but something like Coalesce would solve a a few problems all at once:
    - resources now scale with haste
    - start fights with max orbs
    - fight downtime (Roleplay/lore, transitions, room swaps, etc) doesn't penalize Shadow (can't Mind Blast) while benefitting cooldown-based specs (hunters, locks, mages, rogues, etc - who partially recover their burst cooldowns/resources)

The problem it would create is that Haste would become yet more valuable than it already is - but with the loss of DoT snapshotting I'm expecting a big drop in the value of haste in WoD - so this could make haste valuable again

We don't have it, we're not going to have it based on everything the Devs have said.
    Still the only resource system in game that doesn't scale with haste. Someone mind pointing this out to Chadd?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    The new cooldown reduction stat isn't going to affect short cooldown spells?
    {[( )]}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    The new cooldown reduction stat isn't going to affect short cooldown spells?
    First off I haven't kept track if Readiness is still a stat they're going to try, secondly we wouldn't know what it reduces and what it doesn't yet.

#waitforbeta

15+ Year Old Account
    Aristari, Verain and I were theorizing how the cooldown reduction stat could work - and we concluded the only way they could really pull it off fairly would be for it to scale like mastery* - having different %'s for different specs. Readiness would have to apply only to baseline spells - so it couldn't apply to Power Infusion because it would benefit power infusion over DI or ToF - with any amount of base readiness - that's just awkward for the talent choices.

Similarly how it would interact with Mindbender is troubling - since Mindbender is a Shadowfiend replacement talent, it should scale if Shadowfiend does - but since it would benefit Mindbender but not FDCL and Insanity - it would break the tier choice. To make a CDR stat valuable to Shadow, where it would only benefit Shadowfiend - it would have to be massive - Shadowfiend is such a tiny % of our damage, that Shadow would need to gain like 80% CDR for the same readiness rating that a hunter would gain for like 15% CDR (because they have so many cooldown buttons).

Overall, I don't feel they are going to go live with the Readiness stat - even when they toyed with the idea through the CDR reduction trinkets in SoO - they found it super problematic balancing it - particularly for casters - and particularly for Shadow amongst casters - so casters didnt even get a CDR trinket.

Personally I think the solution is to just make different stats good for different classes - and stop trying to make every spec care about every stat equally - Readiness could be good for hunters and terrible for Spriests. Haste could be amazing for Spriests and terrible for hunters - and rather than Blizzard going to Defcon 1 and nerfing Spriests - they could just call that 'fair enough'.

I agree it sucks when an item drops and is covered in stats that nobody cares about - but the best solution to fix that IMO is to allow greater reforge customization.

ie. 100% of one stat - so that a spirit / haste item isn't 'bad' when we're above hit cap - because we can just make that spirit into crit or mastery - but haste/crit is better because it's more flexible - it's haste/crit when we want that, it's spirit/crit if we go disc for a fight, etc

Edit: sorry I was just rereading the thread and noticed I wrote haste at the start where it says mastery* now, I meant mastery - my mistake ><
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-03-19 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it sucks when an item drops and is covered in stats that nobody cares about - but the best solution to fix that IMO is to allow greater reforge customization.

ie. 100% of one stat - so that a spirit / haste item isn't 'bad' when we're above hit cap - because we can just make that spirit into crit or mastery - but haste/crit is better because it's more flexible - it's haste/crit when we want that, it's spirit/crit if we go disc for a fight, etc
    I don't know if you're just using hit/spirit as an example, but that's going away with WoD, and they're scrapping reforging as well.
    {[( )]}

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    I don't know if you're just using hit/spirit as an example, but that's going away with WoD, and they're scrapping reforging as well.
    It was just an annoying current example (coming from someone whose highest item level set currently puts me at 17% hit, despite my best efforts to get it lower)

It was just an annoying current example (coming from someone whose highest item level set currently puts me at 17% hit, despite my best efforts to get it lower)
    lol, 17% would be nice. I was pushing 30% for a while there.