Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
32
... LastLast
  1. #421
    As you can see in the armory link in my signature, no, I don't.
    So should I go int>crit>haste>mastery until I get the 2piece?

  2. #422
    If I was you I would keep stacking haste over crit even without the 2 pieces. You'll get the 2 pieces prolly sooner than later and the 8085 haste breakpoint is quite interesting too. Besides, the difference between crit and haste without the 2 pieces is not so big. So, though I'm not a theorycrafter, my humble advice is keep stacking int > haste > crit > mastery.

  3. #423
    Dreadlord vazar_da_priest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Shadow Word: Pain is basically a non-target-limited Devouring Plague now. Instant damage portion DoT (spammable), that is cast for its own decently sized benefit rather than passive rolling damage via mindflay.

    Given its interaction with Divine Insight or (optionally), Shadow Word: insanity, it feels a much more active part of Shadow's playstyle. At least, "that's just like your opinion"--the dude.
    thanks for the explanation!

  4. #424
    I also agree with the int > haste > crit > mastery formula.

    - Zofu from bonechewer

  5. #425
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/BW
    Posts
    901
    Hi, I´m a Mage and try to support our shadow priest with his performance. He is a troll and he is considering (according to your guide) to change his race. I told him, that your calculation are wrong and I want to share with you why:

    "Troll: Berserking 20% Spell Haste for 10 seconds every 3 minutes. Averages to 1.1% Haste."

    That is correct if you have 0% haste from gear, but haste is multiplicative and not additive.

    For example:

    According to your guide, the haste breakpoint is 8085 haste.

    8085 / 425 = 19.02% haste

    1.1902 x 1.05 (raidbuff) = 1.24971 = 24.971% haste raidbuffed

    Now comes berserking (without BL):


    1.24971 x 1.2 = 1.499652 = 49.9652% haste with berserking

    49.9652% - 24.971% = 24.9942% berserking benefit = (24.9942 x 10s) / 180s cd = 1,3885666% haste

    Now berserking with BL:

    1.24971 haste raidbuffed x 1.3 Bloodlust = 1.624623 = 62.4623% hast raidbuffed with BL

    1.624623 x 1.2 = 1.9495476 = 94.95476% haste with bl and berserking

    94.95476% - 62.4623% = 32.49246% berserking benefit = (32.49246% x 10s) / 180s cd = 1.8051366% haste


    Summary:

    That means, the more gear (and therefore more haste) and the higher the tier, the better is troll berserking

    P.S. I didn´t wanted to lecture, I just wanted to help
    Last edited by citizenpete; 2012-12-18 at 02:42 PM.

  6. #426
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,018
    From Twintop's Blog:

    * For Dwarves and Humans, equipped mainhand must be a Mace; for Gnomes, equipped mainhand must be a Dagger.
    ** Haste is multiplicative. The PP values quoted here assume a base of 5% Haste from Shadowform. Remember, Haste is multiplicative so the more that you have the larger effect the bonus has!

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    That means, the more gear (and therefore more haste) and the higher the tier, the better is troll berserking
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    From Twintop's Blog:
    {SNIP}
    This is absolutely correct.

    I would like to note that my PP values for Troll/Goblin should be considered a minimum benefit when you are comparing racials because they're assuming you have 1.05% haste before factoring in the 1% for Goblin or the average of 20% (1.111...%) for Troll. It should be noted, however, that if you are a Troll and spend more than 10sec before casting Beserking once it is off CD you run the risk of it being equal to Goblin's static 1% or even a potential DPS loss (if you don't have any other procs to compound it).

  8. #428
    Okay, got the 2 piece set for shadow now.
    SimC is saying int>crit>mastery>haste now.
    What am I doing wrong?

  9. #429
    Well, maybe I didn't express myself properly, prolly because English isn't my mattern language. I'm not a theorycrafter and my theories are not backed with anything. So I was not assuring that the 2 pieces bonus made your haste simcraft higher. It was my impression but I could be completely wrong. If I was missunderstood, I apologise.

  10. #430
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,797
    Ya I need to do a big guide update at some point but I'm out of the country and the internet here is non-existent (it's a wonder I'm on right now, been trying all week but it times out of webpages before it loads them usually). I'll be back on the 5th or 6th and can do a big guide update then - most of the stuff was written during early or mid beta, and then updated around launch-based stuff. Twintops done a ton of work though since then that I can direct people to for better-than-napkin-math.

    On the topic of the troll thing though, I could have sworn I did a better one a couple months back... in like october. The general order of racial benefits on dps is the same though I see - with the one exception that apparently I overestimated Touch of the Grave by a large margin? It was better than Pandas I thought, and here it looks about half of Pandas. I can't even load the first page of this thread though to fix it - or I'd write up a guide update with some of this downtime!

    If I don't get internet before my return though, Happy Holidays to all!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  11. #431
    Here again with a question regarding priests.
    Which would be the better choice for weapons; Jin'ya (500int gem) or Regail's (elite) and Fan (HC)?

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Here again with a question regarding priests.
    Which would be the better choice for weapons; Jin'ya (500int gem) or Regail's (elite) and Fan (HC)?
    This thread should answer all of those questions and more:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-List-5-1-T14

    One thing to remember is the value of offhands does not include the 165PP from the OH Enchant. Add that in and you're good to go.

  13. #433

  14. #434
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    O-Town, NE
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

    If I don't get internet before my return though, Happy Holidays to all!

    Zomg, what country have you migrated to?

  15. #435
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,797
    Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    Zomg, what country have you migrated to?
    Currently in a boat off the coast of St. Martin, a small island in the Carribean (sailing)

    Hijacking wifi off the shore, but soon will be out of range no doubt (or packet loss will be so high I won't be able to use the internet again!)

    Merry Christmas!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  16. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Currently in a boat off the coast of St. Martin, a small island in the Carribean (sailing)
    I hey! I was there a few weeks ago! Saint Thomas too... wish I could have stayed there

  17. #437
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    132
    Hello. I have never played a Shadow priest before so my questions are:
    1) How much of a deal is it if my dots fall off of my target ?
    2) Do dots apply automaticlly if i gain certain buff ( like int procs ) or I have to do it manually ?

    Thanks
    Pugs are like Master Card---- Priceless.

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by Khas View Post
    Hello. I have never played a Shadow priest before so my questions are:
    1) How much of a deal is it if my dots fall off of my target ?
    2) Do dots apply automaticlly if i gain certain buff ( like int procs ) or I have to do it manually ?

    Thanks
    1) It's a pretty big deal. You should try to keep near 100% uptime on your DoTs. The only time you would delay them is if you would be delaying any Shadow Orb generation, but that should only delay re-applying DoTs by 1-2sec, and not very often. Get a good DoT tracking addon. I use Fortexorcist, but there are many others.

    2) DoTs take a snapshot of your current buffs and stats the moment you cast it. So yes, if you gain any int (or other stats) you would have to re-apply those DoTs for them to benefit from it.

    Crit is said to update dynamically with DoTs and HoTs, but this is the only exception.
    This is from the Boomkin guide author on Elitist Jerks, for those who want to call BS on this claim.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130885-...n/#post2198943
    DoT ticks use your spellpower, haste, and +% damage (e.g. Eclipse) values from the moment the DoT was cast--they do not update in real time until the next time you cast the DoT. Crit chance of the ticks, on the other hand, does change dynamically if you gain or lose crit buffs while the DoT is ticking.

  19. #439
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Urumii View Post
    1) It's a pretty big deal. You should try to keep near 100% uptime on your DoTs. The only time you would delay them is if you would be delaying any Shadow Orb generation, but that should only delay re-applying DoTs by 1-2sec, and not very often. Get a good DoT tracking addon. I use Fortexorcist, but there are many others.

    2) DoTs take a snapshot of your current buffs and stats the moment you cast it. So yes, if you gain any int (or other stats) you would have to re-apply those DoTs for them to benefit from it.

    Crit is said to update dynamically with DoTs and HoTs, but this is the only exception.
    This is from the Boomkin guide author on Elitist Jerks, for those who want to call BS on this claim.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130885-...n/#post2198943
    Thanks a lot. For first question, I use ShadowPriest Dot Timers. I try to keep as high uptime as I can. I was thinking if I let it drop for a sec or two, if it is a huge dps loss, and you have answered me. Again, thanks a lot
    Pugs are like Master Card---- Priceless.

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by Khas View Post
    Thanks a lot. For first question, I use ShadowPriest Dot Timers. I try to keep as high uptime as I can. I was thinking if I let it drop for a sec or two, if it is a huge dps loss, and you have answered me. Again, thanks a lot
    Just to expand on this a bit... you do want your dots up as much as possible. However, if your choice is either renewing sw:p/VT or casting MB/DP... you let the dot drop and cast MB or MB and DP (the 3rd MB should always be immediately followed by DP) before recasting the dot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •