Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol. Well I have no alternative to cha ye for now, so ill continue to use it, but I do have UEVL

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Are Spriests like other dot casters where its important to react to buffs and procs and recast dots for the full benefits?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Are Spriests like other dot casters where its important to react to buffs and procs and recast dots for the full benefits?
    yes, the dots snapshot our stats at the time of the cast, the only item that breaks this rule is uvls, as after a set time the 100% crit falls off the dots, this is because of our tier bonuses
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-08-03 at 07:26 PM.
    Sig by Safhira

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    yes, the dots snapshot our stats at the time of the cast, the only item that breaks this rule is uvls, as after a set time the 100% crit falls off the dots, this is because of our tier bonuses
    ^

Just to add to that - it's 15 seconds for Vampiric Touch, 18 seconds for Shadow Word: Pain
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Encounter related query, should i bother with using both VP and SW:P when multidotting on Council of elders? Running with DI/insanity without 4p set bonus, have UVLS.

Spare globals not used for MB and DP/insanity seem to be quite few and im not sure what would be more of a dps increase as there is a larger number of targets to maintain things on. This is purely related to maximising throughput as this encounter is far from a problem for my group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Encounter related query, should i bother with using both VP and SW:P when multidotting on Council of elders? Running with DI/insanity without 4p set bonus, have UVLS.

Spare globals not used for MB and DP/insanity seem to be quite few and im not sure what would be more of a dps increase as there is a larger number of targets to maintain things on. This is purely related to maximising throughput as this encounter is far from a problem for my group.
    Orb Generation is the top priority of course: Mind Blast, Divine Insight, and Shadow Word: Death.

If you don't have a few procs active I'd stick with MF:I, but if a few procs are active - use that opportunity to multi-dot with both VT and Pain on all of them, none of it is wasted damage - so the question is just really "which has the highest DPET", within reason.

DoTs will have a higher DPET than MF:I, but since MF:I is of limited availability and since DoTs will retain snapshots after procs end, prioritizing DoTs during multiple procs maximizes proc uptime, while working in MF:I's the rest of the time is better than applying 'weak' (non-proc-buffed) DoTs during that time.

Hope that helps

Hello,
    So I've been starting to play with my shadow off spec a little bit more in raids but I still struggle with reapplying dots when trinkets/jade spirit procs. I'm running with Dark Animus LFR + Lei Shen LFR trinkets and I wonder let's say I just recently applied SW:P and VT, and right after that my Jade Spirit procced, should I reapply them even with 15sec duration left (on my dots of course)? Or when would you say it's ok to reapply dots? I know the question is very vague but I just want some guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by ClixxHeals View Post
    Hello,
    So I've been starting to play with my shadow off spec a little bit more in raids but I still struggle with reapplying dots when trinkets/jade spirit procs. I'm running with Dark Animus LFR + Lei Shen LFR trinkets and I wonder let's say I just recently applied SW:P and VT, and right after that my Jade Spirit procced, should I reapply them even with 15sec duration left (on my dots of course)? Or when would you say it's ok to reapply dots? I know the question is very vague but I just want some guidelines.
    You should never reapply dots for jade spirit. Get Aff Dots and reaply them whenever they'd be ~25%+ stronger. I mean the technique goes far beyond just that, but take this as a guideline. Once you master Aff Dots you'll develop sort of a feeling that'll tell you how to do perfect dot refreshes.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Short question about the cap...

currently i am at 18305 Haste(50,22%), but only 28% Mastery and 25k spellpower selfbuffed.

Should i keep the hastecap or should i go down to the 14,8k or 17,2k to get more spellpower/mastery?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

currently i am at 18305 Haste(50,22%), but only 28% Mastery and 25k spellpower selfbuffed.

Should i keep the hastecap or should i go down to the 14,8k or 17,2k to get more spellpower/mastery?
    O.O Mind linking your armory? How did you manage to get to 18305 haste with only 25k spellpower (w/ Inner Fire). I had that much spellpower going into Mogu'shan Vaults, something doesn't sound right

There isn't a hard and fast rule for the ratios of between spellpower, mastery, and haste - but it seems unlikely that gear with sufficient haste rating to get you to 18305 would lack the int to bring you above like ...35k spellpower - I suspect.

With an armory link we can do a lot more though to analyze what changes you can make

Deleted
    an dang, i mean 35k spellpower ofc

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Faesly/simple

15+ Year Old Account
    Nailed it (35k)!

If your haste is getting too high, you could swap to an 80 int / 80 haste gem in your cloak to pick up the 60 int socket bonus.

Remember to upgrade your Raden ring - it's 1/2 so far

Apart from that though, everything looks great

Not a ton of useful advice I realize, anything else we can help with?

Deleted
    Hm well the problem is i cant swap those 320 gems in the cloak and the ring because then i am 0,06% below the final hastecap.

i guess i just need my damn BiS items, which i wont get anymore...Yeah Raden ring is gonna be upgraded next ID, 245 valorpoints and cap reached -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

Your spellpower is too low 'cause you're still using 4pc, which causes you to loose out on too much int in order to reach the 50% haste cap.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Hm yeah, but im lacking on a chest that would improve the stats at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'm a main spec healer so my gear is sort of hodgepodge and my trinkets are balls, but I did hit the haste breakpoint with 14900 and im just barely over hit cap at 15.48%.

Anything you guys see I could improve on? I'm gonna go dps for lei shen since it's two heal and our other two healers don't have a good offspec dps.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illtank/simple

Edit: my legs have the int/crit embroider, I just didn't logoff with it on.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Alright, I'm a main spec healer so my gear is sort of hodgepodge and my trinkets are balls, but I did hit the haste breakpoint with 14900 and im just barely over hit cap at 15.48%.

Anything you guys see I could improve on? I'm gonna go dps for lei shen since it's two heal and our other two healers don't have a good offspec dps.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illtank/simple

Edit: my legs have the int/crit embroider, I just didn't logoff with it on.
    You absolutly CANNOT gem with pure haste when there are socket bonuses like 180 int (head&chest), 120int (legs), 60 int (gloves&cloak). Use 80int+120stam for blue chest socket, same for legs and head. Stam will be better than hit, which gives you literally nothing.
    All from me, atm. I need to sleep <3

10+ Year Old Account
    If I don't get straight haste I don't reach 14876 breakpoint, which I thought was pretty important. I thought it was acceptable to go for that haste point

A haste breakpoint is when a sudden rise in DPS occurs due to an additional tick of a DoT appearing after a specific value of haste (a breakpoint). The most notable one for Shadow in Patch 5.0 is 8085, which should only become a concern once you are in at least ~495 item level. Generally, below this item level you want to prioritize Intellect whenever possible, while picking up socket bonuses when you can - and reforging to maintain hit cap and then maximize haste.
    That's where I was inferring it from.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-08-25 at 11:12 PM.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    If I don't get straight haste I don't reach 14876 breakpoint, which I thought was pretty important. I thought it was acceptable to go for that haste point

That's where I was inferring it from.
    It could be my fault then for implying a gain that is much larger than what is found in practice. You can ditch some socket bonuses sometimes, especcially when they are putting you over a breakpoint - but the bonuses are never so dramatic that it's worth ignoring all socket bonuses all the time - and especcially int sockets are almost never worth ignoring for haste gems. We aren't fury warriors / fire mages - we can't just stack a secondary to win - int is incredibly good for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know. So then overall what do you suggest? Skip pure haste all together and go with int or int hybrids?

Red: int
    Blue: int/stam
    Yellow: int/haste
    Pris: int

Is that going to register as a noticeable dps increase? I'm sure I'm gonna gain a few thousand int. makes me wonder how anyone hits those huge breakpoints haha
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-08-26 at 12:43 AM.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15