Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    If I don't get straight haste I don't reach 14876 breakpoint, which I thought was pretty important. I thought it was acceptable to go for that haste point
    Well your gear is essentially dog, in terms of so many pieces of it having crit (10, whereas, for the sake of comparison, I only have 4), and a lot of them not having haste either (9, asides UVLS, whereas I only got 1, and even that is only 'cause there's only 1 haste ring in the entirety of ToT). If you'd gem for socket bonuses, you'd only do it for Head, Chest, Legs, and maybe Boots, 'cause no other socket bonus you have is worth going for anyways. Not gemming pure haste for a 60 int socket bonus is generally not worth it, until you reach the 50% haste cap. Just do whatever it is to your liking. Going either way wont make much of a difference, really.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-08-26 at 02:40 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Alright, I'm a main spec healer so my gear is sort of hodgepodge and my trinkets are balls, but I did hit the haste breakpoint with 14900 and im just barely over hit cap at 15.48%.

Anything you guys see I could improve on? I'm gonna go dps for lei shen since it's two heal and our other two healers don't have a good offspec dps.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illtank/simple

Edit: my legs have the int/crit embroider, I just didn't logoff with it on.
    The only thing I see is a few stam/int in blue sockets that you want to match for the bonuses. Stam is useless, you're better off using an Energized (Haste/Spirit) cut, and a few pure int gems in red sockets instead of Reckless (Haste/Int), you're only about 1k haste off +3 ticks on DP/SWP by default by hitting 14846 haste so any haste you can add on at this point do it.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan1234 View Post
    The only thing I see is a few stam/int in blue sockets that you want to match for the bonuses. Stam is useless, you're better off using an Energized (Haste/Spirit) cut, and a few pure int gems in red sockets instead of Reckless (Haste/Int), you're only about 1k haste off +3 ticks on DP/SWP by default by hitting 14846 haste so any haste you can add on at this point do it.
    You're incorrect on the stam being useless. Seeing as he's already at 15.21 and reforging entirely out of spirit/hit putting spirit on a gem will do nothing,

*correction there is a few spots he could reforge better, I'm assuming these are dual use pieces also used on healing

where as stam at least has some survivability uses. Especially seeing as he's progressiong Heroic Lei-shen where any static shock during transition risks one shotting you anyways.
    The rest of the gemming is a bit funky as well. Gemming straight int in red and straight haste in yellow/prismatic. Should be one or the other. In his case should probably be gemming haste but honoring socket bonus. Basically everything but blue bonus will be worth it, and even those are assuming they have more 80 int to be gained from matching, (helm, chest, legs)
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-08-26 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I am testing things out, I need to reforge lite to get everything lined out just right. I'll be changing straight int into int/haste as well.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    So if you take my gear ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Faesly/simple ), is http://www.wowdb.com/items/96516-cha...-of-brilliance better then normal UVLS? Or a viable alternative?

because sometimes, especially if you do not kill a boss on the first try, UVLS is just useless, proccing in movement phases and when nothing is up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    So if you take my gear ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Faesly/simple ), is http://www.wowdb.com/items/96516-cha...-of-brilliance better then normal UVLS? Or a viable alternative?

because sometimes, especially if you do not kill a boss on the first try, UVLS is just useless, proccing in movement phases and when nothing is up.
    You should be able to apply at least Shadow Word: Pain while UVLS is up - even if you dont have time to stop and VT. If you aren't feeling like you are making use of the procs though, then try out heroic Cha'Ye's - even once upgraded it's barely an upgraded to UVLS - but that assumes you are actually making use of the UVLS proc.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Sorry, if my question was already answered many times, but i couldn't find the answer here.
    If you cast the Dots before the previous Dots fall off, are the stats snapshoted from the new cast (with trinkets or other proccs) or are the dots refreshed and they maintain the stats from the first cast? So should I refresh the dots only before the fall off or should I cast them whenever i have some major procc?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwombat View Post
    Sorry, if my question was already answered many times, but i couldn't find the answer here.
    If you cast the Dots before the previous Dots fall off, are the stats snapshoted from the new cast (with trinkets or other proccs) or are the dots refreshed and they maintain the stats from the first cast? So should I refresh the dots only before the fall off or should I cast them whenever i have some major procc?
    They refresh on cast, so refresh them on proc. You can get an addon called AffDots that will help with knowing when to recast and when not to.

I will flay your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I'm sure the answer to this is buried here somewhere but I'll go anyway

With Insanity and Divine Insight, are you encouraged to cast Mind Blast (proc) and interrupt your Mind Flay: Insanity channel?
    Same with Execute phase (SW: D)

Faster orbs but less time channeling Insanity...
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO generators are top priority unless UVLS is up.

Deleted
    So, it seems that according to the people in my raid i deal not enough DPS. They are always comparing my DMG to the people in the top 50 logs.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/aj1uq...e/?s=195&e=533

This is our latest raden kill, keep in mind that i didnt had the 600 cloak then which boosted my dmg according to simcraft about 15k DPS.

Also keep in mind that i often are forced to heal, is this dmg really low?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character//advanced
    Last edited by mmocf7e4d66c72; 2013-09-03 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Also keep in mind that i often are forced to heal, is this dmg really low?
    Your low dmg may be the result of using PI, which is the worst T5 talent for Ra Den. And even then, you only used it once over a 5m38s fight, where you should've been able to use it 3 times.

On the other hand, I can also tell you that most people in your raid are underperforming as well.

You also should use 4pc, until you have at least 2 TF HC off-pieces, out of the 3 required (Durumu Gloves, Ra Den Chest, Ra Den Legs).
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-09-03 at 12:25 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Hey all could anyone give me a quick priority list of spells for 3-4 targets that will live for full duration of dots? (With solace & insanity)

I see some prioritising dots > MB > DP > flay
    some with MB > DP > insanity > dots
    some with MB > DP > dots > flay

Just want to know the optimum priority, Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rained View Post
    Hey all could anyone give me a quick priority list of spells for 3-4 targets that will live for full duration of dots? (With solace & insanity)

I see some prioritising dots > MB > DP > flay
    some with MB > DP > insanity > dots
    some with MB > DP > dots > flay

Just want to know the optimum priority, Thanks
    If I'm understanding you correctly, I'd go

3-Orb DP > MB > Death > DoT > Insanity > Flay

UVLS dot applications (particularly Pain) takes top priority over all the above though, if you are using UVLS+ToT set bonus.

You wrote it kind of weird, if MB were higher than DP - then you would MB at 3 orbs if you could and ignore DP: that's not right. But I get what you mean The key with everything is Orb Generators - the point of which is to build up DP's - but that's done through DoTs: so there is quite a bit of synergy / conflicting priorities involved here obviously.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-09-07 at 11:05 AM.

Oh yes sorry I meant DP > MB

Just dl'd affdots priest and I'm wonder what does Purple mean? Judging by my current procs it seems like it would be a DPS gain if didn't just recast dots. I wonder why even show it?
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Just dl'd affdots priest and I'm wonder what does Purple mean? Judging by my current procs it seems like it would be a DPS gain if didn't just recast dots. I wonder why even show it?
    I've never tried it actually, hopefully someone else has more expertise with that addon - I use my fancy weakauras that Aristari wrote for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    AffDots Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Tried 4 or 5 times to use that and other ways to track dots, but I'm a tard or something, I just can't use anything but quartz for tracking my dots and weakaura for procs.

Sig by Safhira

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but what addon for orb generating SW: D cooldown?