Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    A full mastery build? I haven't tried that, what % mastery can you get up to?
    Our other SP is a full mastery build (after DP=3) he sits a smidge under 17k mastery on the char sheet

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nukez/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    Our other SP is a full mastery build (after DP=3) he sits a smidge under 17k mastery on the char sheet

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nukez/advanced
    Wow, so raid buffed she'd probably getting up to like... 75% mastery tick proc chance o.O

I might give that a try during tomorrow's raid just to see how it feels, thanks!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Wow, so raid buffed she'd probably getting up to like... 75% mastery tick proc chance o.O

I might give that a try during tomorrow's raid just to see how it feels, thanks!
    Ye, think he said its close to 75%.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aqgatscsr0ltdajj/

heres yesterdays logs (yes i admit i do die alot, ive been healing until 2 weeks ago, still havent fully got the grasp of the fights from a dps persepective )

fight dependent we are +/ - each other (i got 4pc after nazgrim) we are trialling another SP, so basically we were putting him through his paces. we allowed nukez to cheese nazgrim, then i cheesed blackfuse :P

for the 3 shadows that are there...

nukez is 576ilvl, DP+3 them mastery
    tjorv (ilvl 568) and myself (ilvl 572) are DP+3 + balanced stats

Quote Originally Posted by mpougatsa View Post
    i am at 46.5 mastery,20.08 crit and dp3...but its personal style doesnt mean its correct but srs this 1:1 crit/mastery ratio found it really weird from the first time i see it and don't think work better than full mastery buid ( DP3 always )
    I'm running an even crit/mastery build currently, was actually unintentional at first. Ended up being that after some reforge adjustments to min-max on simcraft. Only noticed I was at 8150 on both afterwards looking at armory. (going for gcd now that I got garrosh's trinket)
    Honestly the only fight I would consider doing all out mastery build on is protectors just based on what a ridiculous percentage of my damage there is from dots. I do remember a mastery build being a significant boost when we were progressing that fight on heroic, but the amount of damage it cost me on single target just wasn't worth it. With the way our raids are going currently we need a lot more focused damage than we do cleave damage so I'm running the crit build more out of necessity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    Ye, think he said its close to 75%.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aqgatscsr0ltdajj/

heres yesterdays logs (yes i admit i do die alot, ive been healing until 2 weeks ago, still havent fully got the grasp of the fights from a dps persepective )

fight dependent we are +/ - each other (i got 4pc after nazgrim) we are trialling another SP, so basically we were putting him through his paces. we allowed nukez to cheese nazgrim, then i cheesed blackfuse :P

for the 3 shadows that are there...

nukez is 576ilvl, DP+3 them mastery
    tjorv (ilvl 568) and myself (ilvl 572) are DP+3 + balanced stats
    How consistent is your IJ damage in comparison to what you normally do? That damage spread (you at 297k with crit/equal build, him at 246 with a mastery build) is pretty consistent with the damage loss I was seeing using this build on a single target fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    How consistent is your IJ damage in comparison to what you normally do? That damage spread (you at 297k with crit/equal build, him at 246 with a mastery build) is pretty consistent with the damage loss I was seeing using this build on a single target fight.
    Well, I think the argument is mostly just that it 'feels' nice - I'm not expecting a damage increase here It's just a fun experiment, plus - it supports my firm belief that the solution to existence is... MOAR DOTS

The infinite polka-dot death theory of the universe - in which reality is suddenly bespeckled with a trillion, trillion, trillion polka dots - and then... Nothing.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Well, I think the argument is mostly just that it 'feels' nice - I'm not expecting a damage increase here It's just a fun experiment, plus - it supports my firm belief that the solution to existence is... MOAR DOTS

The infinite polka-dot death theory of the universe - in which reality is suddenly bespeckled with a trillion, trillion, trillion polka dots - and then... Nothing.
    Definitely, when I was trying out the mastery heavy build, seeing like 6 ticks at a time on 3 targets was awesome. Made for some pretty impressive Devouring Plague self healing too. I could definitely see some value to using it for boss solo's.

If they go through with the dot snapshot removal I suspect mastery will be the way to go assuming we can accurately hit haste breakpoints without reforging. Now that crit ticks will only be the current spellpower dmg like mastery is instead of the inflated ones we're seeing now.

Deleted
    I have no real comparison if im being honest. last week my MB usage even with DI was atrocious and i was approx 5% over hit cap due to using some healer gear, it was jsut under 250k dps and the fight was 30secs longer. I prefer a "crit-ier" build, if only to see the 1mill + MD's more often with 4pc

Definitely, when I was trying out the mastery heavy build, seeing like 6 ticks at a time on 3 targets was awesome. Made for some pretty impressive Devouring Plague self healing too. I could definitely see some value to using it for boss solo's.

If they go through with the dot snapshot removal I suspect mastery will be the way to go assuming we can accurately hit haste breakpoints without reforging. Now that crit ticks will only be the current spellpower dmg like mastery is instead of the inflated ones we're seeing now.
    I think you may be right. Another thing that may drive the focus on mastery is the talent that allows our direct damage spells to be affected by mastery and causes MS to lower the CD on MB (if it stays). I feel like that combined with FDCL and the dot changes will make mastery a very valuable stat.

I'm noticing my DPS is pretty poor on my ~505 ilvl SP. I know a lot of it is me adjusting to the class (newer player to it this expansion), but one question wasn't answered when reading the guide... With the popularity of AffDots_Priest and similar addons, is it expected that you would refresh your dots - even one you just applied - to buff it with new procs?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I'm noticing my DPS is pretty poor on my ~505 ilvl SP. I know a lot of it is me adjusting to the class (newer player to it this expansion), but one question wasn't answered when reading the guide... With the popularity of AffDots_Priest and similar addons, is it expected that you would refresh your dots - even one you just applied - to buff it with new procs?

Thanks!
    SWP is more forgiving when it comes to refreshing due to its front damage and being instant, so it's safe to refresh it whenever you get a proc that'll make SWP more powerful. VT is trickier though, in general you should try to stick to your priorities and only refresh it until either VT or the proc is running out.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2013-12-17 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    SWP is more forgiving when it comes to refreshing due to it's front damage and being instant, so it's safe to refresh it whenever you get a proc that'll make SWP more powerful. VT is trickier though, in general you should try to stick to your priorities and only refresh it until either VT or the proc is running out.
    That makes sense. I've been refreshing both and I think I'm realizing how many MF ticks I miss out on through the course of a fight. Thanks!

Deleted
    heh I'm sitting at haste cap with 62%~ mastery and 23%~ crit (I don't have Amp. trinket ×C), and I like them many numbers errywhere, with Bis gear I can get up to 73% and more if I will sacrifice some more crit, don't wanna get rid of beloved 18215 haste cap :<
    Last edited by mmocb804f1b933; 2013-12-10 at 11:35 AM. Reason: to avoid confusion O,o

10+ Year Old Account
    GCD cap is *18215
    18200 is baseline VT +3 breakpoint

There is no Haste cap at 18200, but there is one at 18215. There is a breakpoint at 18200, but the cap is at 18215.

Sorry to be repetitive but it's something I see people get wrong an awful lot.
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2013-12-09 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    I know it, but I rather call them the same since the true difference in them is about 0.03% haste

Okay so my opener might be flawed. I have Black Blood and the Immerius trinket. If I start with 3 shadow orbs should I save my plague for when my Black blood hits 10 stacks? I think ive been it wrong.

Lets say I start with zero orbs, both my trinkets proc at the start so I was stalling putting dots up until Black blood hit 9 so I would just mindflay/Orb generate. Then when it hit 9 id super charge my dots with both trinket procs. Should I still put up some dots before that 10 seconds?

Also are LDM gem procs stronger than int procs for refreshing dots?

I capped myself at DP+3 for Haste, 25% raid buffed Crit, then the rest into Mastery. I've done some really solid DPS with this build, but found that some people on WoL that had more DPS(e) than I did were rocking about 7% more Crit than I was, which put them closer to the 32/33% raid buffed Crit mark. This will bring my Mastery down 12-15% though.

As soon as I get a non-flex Imm. trinket and Garrosh's trinket I want to aim for the GCD Haste cap, maybe bump my Crit closer to 30% raid buffed, then go back to Mastery.

Hi, I was wondering if it is worth it to forgo the socket bonuses on the gear to reach the 14k++ haste breakpoint? Because that is what AskMrRobot has told me to do.

This is my priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B8n/advanced

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahz View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if it is worth it to forgo the socket bonuses on the gear to reach the 14k++ haste breakpoint? Because that is what AskMrRobot has told me to do.

This is my priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B8n/advanced

Thanks in advance!
    It's not technically ignoring socket bonus, There's 3 bonus' its not using, the one's on your boots and ring are both hit bonus (and you're over hit cap after reforging out of hit/spirit) not worth aiming for. The second is your chest, and has a 120 int bonus, Less than 1 Brilliant gem. In order to match that socket, you need to trade half of one haste gem for int, and drop half of both the other haste gems for spirit (useless because you're over cap) or stam, which isnt really worth it. So basically you're dropping 1.5 gems worth of haste (480 haste) to gain 200 int, Given that haste is worth more than 0.5 of what int is, This trade is worth it.

It's not technically ignoring socket bonus, There's 3 bonus' its not using, the one's on your boots and ring are both hit bonus (and you're over hit cap after reforging out of hit/spirit) not worth aiming for. The second is your chest, and has a 120 int bonus, Less than 1 Brilliant gem. In order to match that socket, you need to trade half of one haste gem for int, and drop half of both the other haste gems for spirit (useless because you're over cap) or stam, which isnt really worth it. So basically you're dropping 1.5 gems worth of haste (480 haste) to gain 200 int, Given that haste is worth more than 0.5 of what int is, This trade is worth it.
    Thanks for your informative reply, really appreciate it!

Hey guys I'm back with a few more questions:

1) I'm seeing a lot of high ranking shadow priests using DI+SW:I on protectors, is it worth it to go DI+SW:I on protectors even though I don't have the 4set yet?
    2) If I spec FDCL and my dots and about to expire and I have a proc, in that situation is it procs or dots or the other way around?