Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Your DoTs have higher priority than FDCL procs. Normally you should be seeing less uptime with Insanity because there are times where it is best to channel Insanity over refreshing DoTs. It's fine to waste some FDCL procs for DoT uptime, they proc too often for it not to happen.

Is Power Infusion bad? I'm talking about a strictly single target fight such as Malkorok, Siegecrafter, Iron Jug. I thought it was taboo & I tested my DPS via a 5 minute test on a target dummy. I tested twice, once as Divine Insight, the other as Power Infusion & I myself saw a 30k DPS increase with Power Infusion.

Am I disillusioned or is Power Infusion severely underrated?

The difference on patchwerk is pretty small. Less than 2% really. You're seeing a 30k difference because you likely got lucky on procs on one run, or unlucky on the other. Even on patchwerk, ToF comes out ahead though. Either way, patchwerk encounters don't really exist. Most encounters are closer to helterskelter. Don't forget that Malkorok (heroic) and Siegecrafter both have adds that can proc ToF, raising it's value by a lot.

Take a look at Twintop's blog post about talent simulations here : http://howtopriest.com/blog/talent-c...ghts-5-4-t16h/

The potential for great RNG with DI outweighs PI in most situations. The only exception, imo, is when you can a.) start the fight with 3 Orbs and lust+zerking and b.) the overall fight is less 1:30 long. Even big dicking current content with an average 580+ ilvl, none of the encounters are quite that short. If you're doing ToT for the lulz, though, it's fun...especially on Ji-Kun.

Thanks for replying! Until I get my trinkets I feel like I won't be getting the need Id like to see. Currently rocking a WF Kadris Toxic Totem & a normal Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance. When I clear Siege this Thursday I can hopefully post the logs here & get some more help & advice. Armory search for Naidas on Zuljin-US.
    Please, please help me fellow Priests!

I'm currently playing around with my shadow and i would ask how to manage SW:I. What if mindblast (or SW: D) is coming off cd during the uptime of DP debuff? Imidiately using MB/SW: D or channeling mindflay until dp is falling off?
    Reverse Nostalgia: Everything is so cool and awesome now that i can't imagine how the game has been survived after the ubercrap of vanilla / tbc with over 10 million players.
    My bet: WoD Release not until November 2014
    wat...

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I'm currently playing around with my shadow and i would ask how to manage SW:I. What if mindblast (or SW: D) is coming off cd during the uptime of DP debuff? Imidiately using MB/SW: D or channeling mindflay until dp is falling off?
    Orb generators are higher priority than channeling MF: Insanity.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Orb generators are higher priority than channeling MF: Insanity.
    Unless your Insanity cast is benefiting from 10 stacks of Black Blood.
    Shahad , Kevkul , Shaithan
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Unless your Insanity cast is benefiting from 10 stacks of Black Blood.
    What if BB is the only flexible item with rest of my gear being normal/WF, ilvl 571? I've been very very unlucky on loot and rolls for months. Still worth it to finish casting MF:I?

Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    What if BB is the only flexible item with rest of my gear being normal/WF, ilvl 571? I've been very very unlucky on loot and rolls for months. Still worth it to finish casting MF:I?
    Generally clipping 1 cast of MFI will let you cast MB 1 second earlier. You need to not clip 8 MFIs to miss a Mind Blast. So not clipping a 10stack MFI will make no difference in your orb generation more or less.

Also I am convinced BBoY doesn't drop so don't really look for it :P I haven't even gotten the lfr version
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Patience my priestly friend. I just got my Heroic Warforged one after months without any version at all :P
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Patience my priestly friend. I just got my Heroic Warforged one after months without any version at all :P
    My lock gm has coined a hcwf one twice :P But I'll sacrifice a virgin female noam mage tonight to y'shaarj so maybe I can get it tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulis of Uknown Entity

where could I find an SoO bis list?
    you can follow my funny twitter here.

Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    where could I find an SoO bis list?
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=4486

Keep in mind though that BiS lists work as sets, and whether a piece is BiS for you, with your current gear, depends on your current stats and tier bonuses.

How much dps gain is the legendary meta and the legendary cape ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    How much dps gain is the legendary meta and the legendary cape ?
    The meta is 30% haste with 30-40% uptime depending on procs. The cloak is about 20k dps from the proc and 5-10k from the extra stats vs a normal mode cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    The meta is 30% haste with 30-40% uptime depending on procs. The cloak is about 20k dps from the proc and 5-10k from the extra stats vs a normal mode cloak.
    Damn. I need those.

I was allowed to bring my shadow priest to our heroic mainraid yesterday in place of my warlock, and OH was that fun! A few questions rose though;

- How do you play on Protectors? I had an okay parse I think, but I felt I didn't really get a lot of time to use Insanity. I'm concerned I'd waste procs of FDCL or lose dot uptime if I'd specced into that, and that by picking Mindbender, I'd neglect the benefits of FDCL. Thoughts?
    - Garrosh, what to do there? I don't really know what to do on this fight to maximize damage as a spriest.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Warlock & Priest moderator
    <Amused to Death> - West #123, EU #90

I wouldn't use FDCL on protectors. There's simply no time to use the procs, too much waste. I pick either Mindbender, for the extra GCDs it gives, or don't bother changing from Insanity because I'm lazy. I've found both options to be roughly equal, with Insanity possibly having a slight edge, even with it's low uptime.

For Garrosh, I stick to Insanity. Even with doing a lot of extra movement with baiting weapons and killing engineers I seem to be getting much better results. Also, pick ToF on this guy, so good.
    <Magdalena's pet>