Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently playing around with my shadow and i would ask how to manage SW:I. What if mindblast (or SW: D) is coming off cd during the uptime of DP debuff? Imidiately using MB/SW: D or channeling mindflay until dp is falling off?
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I'm currently playing around with my shadow and i would ask how to manage SW:I. What if mindblast (or SW: D) is coming off cd during the uptime of DP debuff? Imidiately using MB/SW: D or channeling mindflay until dp is falling off?
    Orb generators are higher priority than channeling MF: Insanity.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Orb generators are higher priority than channeling MF: Insanity.
    Unless your Insanity cast is benefiting from 10 stacks of Black Blood.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Unless your Insanity cast is benefiting from 10 stacks of Black Blood.
    What if BB is the only flexible item with rest of my gear being normal/WF, ilvl 571? I've been very very unlucky on loot and rolls for months. Still worth it to finish casting MF:I?

Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    What if BB is the only flexible item with rest of my gear being normal/WF, ilvl 571? I've been very very unlucky on loot and rolls for months. Still worth it to finish casting MF:I?
    Generally clipping 1 cast of MFI will let you cast MB 1 second earlier. You need to not clip 8 MFIs to miss a Mind Blast. So not clipping a 10stack MFI will make no difference in your orb generation more or less.

Also I am convinced BBoY doesn't drop so don't really look for it :P I haven't even gotten the lfr version
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Patience my priestly friend. I just got my Heroic Warforged one after months without any version at all :P
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Patience my priestly friend. I just got my Heroic Warforged one after months without any version at all :P
    My lock gm has coined a hcwf one twice :P But I'll sacrifice a virgin female noam mage tonight to y'shaarj so maybe I can get it tomorrow.
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

where could I find an SoO bis list?

Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    where could I find an SoO bis list?
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=4486

Keep in mind though that BiS lists work as sets, and whether a piece is BiS for you, with your current gear, depends on your current stats and tier bonuses.

How much dps gain is the legendary meta and the legendary cape ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    How much dps gain is the legendary meta and the legendary cape ?
    The meta is 30% haste with 30-40% uptime depending on procs. The cloak is about 20k dps from the proc and 5-10k from the extra stats vs a normal mode cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    The meta is 30% haste with 30-40% uptime depending on procs. The cloak is about 20k dps from the proc and 5-10k from the extra stats vs a normal mode cloak.
    Damn. I need those.

Homophobia is so gay.

I was allowed to bring my shadow priest to our heroic mainraid yesterday in place of my warlock, and OH was that fun! A few questions rose though;

- How do you play on Protectors? I had an okay parse I think, but I felt I didn't really get a lot of time to use Insanity. I'm concerned I'd waste procs of FDCL or lose dot uptime if I'd specced into that, and that by picking Mindbender, I'd neglect the benefits of FDCL. Thoughts?
    - Garrosh, what to do there? I don't really know what to do on this fight to maximize damage as a spriest.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

I wouldn't use FDCL on protectors. There's simply no time to use the procs, too much waste. I pick either Mindbender, for the extra GCDs it gives, or don't bother changing from Insanity because I'm lazy. I've found both options to be roughly equal, with Insanity possibly having a slight edge, even with it's low uptime.

For Garrosh, I stick to Insanity. Even with doing a lot of extra movement with baiting weapons and killing engineers I seem to be getting much better results. Also, pick ToF on this guy, so good.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

On protectors do you use TOF or the other one... SI I think it is ? I hate SI. It always proc when my MB is available again. Also, a question 'bout the priority on protectors. I guess maintaining the dots on all target ~100% of the time is the top priority ? Or should I still cast MB on CD ? Which I do. Same with DP and Insanity.

Thanks

Homophobia is so gay.

Definitely ToF. It's the superior choice whenever it can have a significant uptime, which is most fights in SoO. For the priority, I try to keep MB on CD, but sometimes leave it up for a second or two to dot. Try to use Insanity as much as you can, but dots really are the star of the show here.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    I was allowed to bring my shadow priest to our heroic mainraid yesterday in place of my warlock, and OH was that fun! A few questions rose though;

- How do you play on Protectors? I had an okay parse I think, but I felt I didn't really get a lot of time to use Insanity. I'm concerned I'd waste procs of FDCL or lose dot uptime if I'd specced into that, and that by picking Mindbender, I'd neglect the benefits of FDCL. Thoughts?
    - Garrosh, what to do there? I don't really know what to do on this fight to maximize damage as a spriest.
    So on protectors I generally go for Mindbender + ToF. There are so many ways to procc ToF that it's not even close.
    I don't like insanity on protectors. It feels clunky and it really interferes with what actually matters on that fight. Also I hate losing insanity uptime so I'd 100% go with Mindbender. FDCL is ok but there are most likely going to be times that you'll be gcd locked. Sad truth is that our protector dps relies more on how many affli locks the team has than what t45 talent pick :P

On garrosh, p1 ask to stay in melee ofc since you're a shadowpriest :P Aoe the shit out of the adds but make sure you SW snipe. Depending on how quick you are on killing the adds, you won't even delay your MB at all. Try using Halo on time, when adds are at 25yrds while running in. In the intermision phase you can get a pretty good Halo if you just Halo when you spawn, so don't use it for a 3rd time in p1, after you use it for the 2nd wave of adds. ( The 2nd Halo of the fight generally coincides with a DP, I tend to wait abit with that DP so I can get a good Halo for the 2nd adds )
    P2 don't really Halo if you don't have weapons at 25yrds ( if you want to pad you can always DoT weapons ). Also since most people are padding and some of the weapons die keep an eye for SW snipes)
    For MCs in p2, in our raids they generally die slow enough for my first MS tick to be above 35% hp and the 2nd one never happening, so I just ignore em :P check how things are in your raid :P If you can get a tof procc out of em and you won't be getting one from a weapon it's worth it.
    P3 more or less the same, with a Halo during the emp whirl (depending on your tactic)
    MS all the MCd people! :P
    and p4 I like timing Halo for when the boss moves, else it's not really worth casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    On protectors do you use TOF or the other one... SI I think it is ? I hate SI. It always proc when my MB is available again. Also, a question 'bout the priority on protectors. I guess maintaining the dots on all target ~100% of the time is the top priority ? Or should I still cast MB on CD ? Which I do. Same with DP and Insanity.

Thanks
    Answered ToF above :P Even though I don't like insanity on protectors, if you're specced as insanity you prioritize it when 3targets are up. On more than 3 you're better off managing your dots and MSing. DP and MB are top priorities always.
    The difference between Insanity and MS on 3 is 10% spell power. That's the reason I just prefer going Mindbender and using MS as my filler while keeping perfect dots up with Mindbender doing the dirty work.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-08-29 at 12:07 PM.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Thanks, helping alot =)

Homophobia is so gay.

I always used FDCL and ToF in protectors, the key is to use an addon to track dots on the boss frame and avoid stacking with everyone else outside sun DM, if you are not stacked you can turret the whole fight without having to worry about getting hitted twice at the same time by the kegs.

Minbender can be better if the bosses just die too quickly and you dont have time for anything else but just redot, mb and mind sear.