Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The neuer, of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    What about Rui Patricio? Carried Sporting trough UEFA CUP (till semi finals against Athletic), and did u guys saw his save agains Spain at Euro semi finals? Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    He's the keeper of the German club Borussia Mönchengladbach, which managed to reach 4th place and get an ECL spot after a horrible season 10/11. He was the best keeper of the previous Bundesliga season.

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 05:32 PM ----------

Pretty good for a 20 year old.
    Thank you for the explanation.

I still prefer Neuer ;D

League 2011/2012 Manuel Neuer vs Marc-André ter Stegen

Marc-André ter Stegen Manuel Neuer
    Saves to Goal Conceded Average 4.3 2.6
    Save percentage 80.3% 73.1%
    Saves 102 57
    Goals conceded 24 22
    Clean sheets 15 17

In a game in which Borussia Mönchengladbach beat Bayern Munich 1-0 ter Stegen made seven saves with a clean sheet.

Hmm I think ter Stegen may be a little better then Manuel Neuer because the stats would have only been better if he had a team like Munich in front of him.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Deleted
    Neuer

...obviously:

0:34 ... godlike!!

1:45 ... BEST PENALTY SAVE OF ALL TIMES
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2012-07-07 at 12:08 AM.

Best Goalkeeper?

Really isn't much of a discussion here.

Top 3 are Buffon / Neuer / Casillas all joint top - no way to split them

Then the rest chasing them ter Stegen, Joe Hart, Rui Patricio, Reina & De Gea

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough question really, it's difficult for a Goalkeeper to shine, especially in the higher leagues. However, I do think Casillas and Neuer and hart are the best in the worl at the moment. Buffon and Julio Cesar are also fantastic, but I stand by my top three. Tim Krul is a man people should watch out for, but then again I might be a tad biased.

I'd also like to welcome our new Football overlord, Fengore
    ( even if he is a Man U fan)

I think Iker Casillas is the best, i may be biased being a madrid fan but hes a world class goalkeeper and a great leader.

Deleted
    As an amateur keeper i'd pick Neuer currently!

Quote Originally Posted by Irlande View Post
    As an amateur keeper i'd pick Neuer currently!
    Amateur?? What does that mean?

Deleted
    this isn't really applicable, but cool nonetheless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCxe4r6SjH0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sverige View Post
    Amateur?? What does that mean?
    It means that the OP is an amateur GK (as in he doesn't get paid enough to live off it). He doesn't mean Neuer is Amateur

15+ Year Old Account
    Iker Casillas or Gianluigi Buffon. Both have amazing records, but Casillas has the upper hand because his whole team has been awesome for a few years already.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Casillas for me closely followed by Buffon and Neuer.

top 3 young keepers have to be: Courtois, De Gea and Ter Stegen.

I cant believe Joe Hart isnt being counted here, I mean this is the keeper that made the most saves in the Euros by a huge amount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mdz View Post
    What about Rui Patricio? Carried Sporting trough UEFA CUP (till semi finals against Athletic), and did u guys saw his save agains Spain at Euro semi finals? Awesome!!!
    In a few years from now Rui Patricio might be world's best goalkeeper. Only Casillas tops him now, imo.
    I hope he doesn't leave Sporting CP.

A keeper with 137 caps for Spain and 625 caps for one of the biggest ever clubs in football being over-rated? lol makes perfect sense yet a keeper with a few good seasons in Neur is already much better? come on, what has he won with club or country? yet a player winning everything possible is over-rated? how the fuck does that make sense really.

I'd say Hart is going to be the best in a year or two, the guy is top class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree on Joe Hart being up there with the best. He's still young, yet so brilliant. Experience is only going to make him better. When he's practiced at saving penalties etc, he's probably got the potential to be the best.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    John Ruddy - But am bias since I am from Norwich