Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    The Nature Spellpower conversion (Cenarion Ward) does not.
    So what? It was pretty obvious what I was talking about.
    6% agi and 6% stam is (close to) a 6% increase to AP and SP.

Can't wait for Guardian soloing in Mop, too bad I might reroll spec so I will be pretty behind in guardian gear

Also, I think the difference between choosing renewal and cenarion ward for soloing depends on the fight. If your trying to solo a fight with smaller constant damage, choose cw. If the bosses you try to solo does burst damage, renewal wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    So what? It was pretty obvious what I was talking about.
    6% agi and 6% stam is (close to) a 6% increase to AP and SP.
    No, it actually wasn't. "AP increase healing" clearly says that AP increases healing. This is only true for Frenzied Regen, which is not mentioned in the post you were replying to.

If you meant that HotW increases your Agility which increases your Nature SP, then why not just say that?

"AP increases healing" is a true statement, because increasing your AP increases the healing you do.

"It actually doesn't. Only Agility does." is a false statement, because stamina also increases healing. Crit, hit, expertise, and haste all also increase it, albeit indirectly.

Healing does not mean Healing spellpower. I really don't know why you think it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a need is incomming to beats damage, this will likely make feral the. Better leveling spec.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    Seems like a need is incomming to beats damage, this will likely make feral the. Better leveling spec.
    Seems to me more like a movement of damage from Mangle into others, and Guardian is still the best lvling spec due to the massive amount of pulling you can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

" Druid (Forums)
    Issue #1. Guardian dps seems to be EXTREMELY skewed towards mangle.
    Issue #2. Guardian dps is pretty overpowered.
    You are probably right on both counts. We'll look into it."

Ya too bad they acknowledge it :|
    So I smell an income mangle damage nerf

Hope they balance the mangle damage with maul. Making maul something a bear considers instead of mashing mangle all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    " Druid (Forums)
    You are probably right on both counts. We'll look into it."

Ya too bad they acknowledge it :|
    So I smell an income mangle damage nerf

Hope they balance the mangle damage with maul. Making maul something a bear considers instead of mashing mangle all the time.
    I hope not, maul costs rage. I'd prefer more damage get moved to lacerate or thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    I hope not, maul costs rage. I'd prefer more damage get moved to lacerate or thrash.
    Will be interesting to see how they shift the damage around. Keep in mind, they want to reduce the overall damage we do as Guardian, so it may be something like (arbitrary numbers, for example only) 50% damage reduction to Mangle and 20% damage reduction to everything else. If they nerf Mangle and buff other abilities to some degree, I couldn't see them buffing Lacerate since it does basically half the damage of Mangle already on a 3sec cooldown. The downside is that I don't think they'd want to buff Thrash/Swipe either since they're "technically" supposed to be for AoE and/or maintenance purposes, not filler for single-target.

Unless they do something with Feral (no blue posts yet), Guardian will still likely pull ahead if you pull large enough groups to maximize Vengeance. Since Swipe/Thrash damage is pretty low compared to Mangle/Lacerate, Blizz could potentially just leave their damage alone with the damage adjustment, and we'll still likely pull 30-40k DPS AoEing. My biggest problem with Blizz lowering the Guardian damage is that, as a bear, I was on-par with killing single-target mobs as a DPS (time to kill and recovery afterwards), but if our Feral spec cannot do the same, life will be difficult for a druid who wants to quest for agility gear. Sure, there are vendors with gear you can buy while questing, but I want the option still.

Now I don't want to knock Maul too much, because in a pure DPS situation where you don't use Rage for defensive cooldowns, it currently pulls #2 or #3 in terms of abilities contributing to your damage.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Guardian DMG did need a nerf, i was only about 5/10k dps behind some of our main DPS last raid...so long as kitty gets a buff ._.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trash is part of our single target rotation becaze of the weakened blow debuff
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    Trash is part of our single target rotation becaze of the weakened blow debuff
    It also does more damage than faerie fire and has a chance to reset the cd of mangle. Making it more useful in single target as long as the debuff from faerie fire is up on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Will be interesting to see how they shift the damage around. Keep in mind, they want to reduce the overall damage we do as Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by playerbetafeedback

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are probably right on both counts. We'll look into it.
    Investigation is not the same as confirmation. If the damage is too high and needs to be scaled back, that is fine. I do not want the damage to get scaled back and also shifted into maul, that's the exact same as a nerf. Personally I'd like to see the damage just shifted over into lacerate and thrash and to have the overall damage of everything scaled back slightly and to have the damage of other tanks buffed slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Investigation is not the same as confirmation. If the damage is too high and needs to be scaled back, that is fine. I do not want the damage to get scaled back and also shifted into maul, that's the exact same as a nerf. Personally I'd like to see the damage just shifted over into lacerate and thrash and to have the overall damage of everything scaled back slightly and to have the damage of other tanks buffed slightly.
    Based on past experience, there will be a last minute across the board nerf to Guardian druids that will render them uncompetitive for at least six months before a half arsed fix is applied.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    While it's not directly to do with Guardians, I just solo'd Malygos on Beta as Balance in the lvl 90 PvP gear and it was an absolute joke. Rejuv was enough to keep me up, popped all CD's with just 1 spark and got him to like 15% health. Will be attempting Onyxia in a bit, it's not letting me enter atm though.

Edit: Finished Onyxia, another cakewalk solo.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2012-07-15 at 12:00 AM.

Ya have a feeling all the lv 80 stuff will be a joke unless its 2 man + stuff (ex- first boss in bwl, although not required 2 people but much less complicated if done w/ 2)
    I just cant w8 until i begin my journey of soloing 'current' content next tier

15+ Year Old Account
    ONY and that quest for the legendairy weapon will be a lot easyer to solo for both bears & cats now that we get nature spellpower, so we can do ranged dps
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Since the discussion has moved towards soloing old content, was there anyone with specific old content encounters they wanted to see on the beta? Saw the prot warrior in Ulduar10 vs Kologarn on the beta, +600k Executes as prot (ouch!).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

dang i wouldn't take the damage too much into consideration just because they still tweaking everything
    Im more interested in the class mechanics, such as the frenzy regen will be a HUGE factor in soloing. But ya.. .dang 600k... gg prot warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Since the discussion has moved towards soloing old content, was there anyone with specific old content encounters they wanted to see on the beta? Saw the prot warrior in Ulduar10 vs Kologarn on the beta, +600k Executes as prot (ouch!).
    I would be interested in the general soloability of ICC 25 heroics. I presume that a few that remained unsoloable in the past due to mechanics will be unsoloable now (Gunship), but ICC 25 heroic LK?

Also, general soloability of uld 25 hard modes. I know theres a few in there that was solod, mim 25 normal for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.