Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Diablo 2 was the same, but it was fun to play and I wasn't aware that games like wow existed then and offered way better leveling experience than just killing stuff and doing a few quests repeatedly in different difficulty settings.
    So, because there is WoW now, an unrelated franchise has to change? I'm not getting that logic.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    1. Goals: you set out goals in Hardcore : class to 60, kill D3, try to reach upper paragon levels ... Always with ONE prime goal: do not die once.
    Yeah, I wish I had time to play D3 in hardcore

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    -Terrible Itemization
    Because D2 had good itemization? Right, I must have missed that memo
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I hated how they force you to play the lower difficulty and slowly work up to the harder stuff. I have put around 70 hours into my barb on d3 ive played Torchlight 2 about 35 hours so far and its 10 times more fun that d3 could ever hope to be.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    There was nothing to do when u had killed diablo on last difficulty. Felt so useless to just farm gear for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You said ALL games have flaws at release, and I specifically said MMO's don't count. Name one game that had as many major gameplay flaws at launch as Diablo 3, and the devs had to admit the game crashed pretty hard (again, I bring it back: Legacy items).
    Most devs will rather eat a living frog than admit they screwed up.
    But if you want an example of a broken game at release: Master of Orion 3, Daggerfall, Civilization 5 are prime examples. All single-player nonetheless. Age of Conan would be a great example in MMO universe.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twickoo View Post
    There was nothing to do when u had killed diablo on last difficulty. Felt so useless to just farm gear for nothing.
    Control question in the head: what did you do in D2 when you killed Hell Baal?
    MMO player

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twickoo View Post
    Gear drops? Beats me I mean my max MF paragon 100 still not getting shit no matter how many hours I play. NP I got the AH to manipulate oh wait that's now what diablo was about.

IT WAS FINDING SHIT WHICH DOESN'T HAPPEN IN D3 HURRRRR

JAY WILSON'D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    In other words, you didn't want Diablo 3, you wanted a shinier remake of Diablo 2.
    I believe that is called a sequel... you know... a follow up to the prequel. Same game, new stuff? D3 is a different game with new stuff. It shouldn't be called Diablo. No improvements, only the opposite. When you know what makes the prequel so great to play and leave that out it in the sequel, you're shit and just ask to have your game flamed into the ground.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2013-04-14 at 03:27 PM.

Never really played D2 actively, so D3 was pretty much a new thing for me.

It just couldn't keep me interested. I barely got any loot drops of value, and simply running the same acts over and over again without any incentive to do so (except for GOLD) just doesn't cut it. The itemization also seem very similar to that of WoW's, so when you finally do get an item it's not really that exciting. I didn't have any expectations from the beginning however, so it's no big deal for me. I can understand why a lot of people were disappointed though.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    How does it selling alot qualify it as not a failure for anybody EXCEPT the developers?

Why are people arguing like their share holders in the company?
    How was it a failure?

People played it, enjoyed it and stopped playing. Who the fuck cares how many people are still playing it a year later?

Does that make COD: MW3 a failure because people have stopped playing it now?

Ofc fucking not.

Investors see it as a success so do the general public, just because some forum kids got mad because its not a diablo 2 clone doesn't make it a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post

Investors see it as a success so do the general public
    They do?

Sure the investors do but the general public? We are not talking about a few forum warriors here. 9 million people don't play anymore. I would say that was a pretty conclusive 'Fuck You' to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    They do?

Sure the investors do but the general public? We are not talking about a few forum warriors here. 9 million people don't play anymore. I would say that was a pretty conclusive 'Fuck You' to Blizzard.
    I don't see that many people playing Black ops 2 regularly even though it sold over 7.5 million copies in 24 hours..............

Does that mean people are saying a big fuck you to Activision? Ofc fucking not.

Your logic is fail. Sorry but your reasoning is completely stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might say that but name some non-MMO video games that still have 3,000,000 people a month playing them eight months after release. There are few if any that I'm aware of. So people not sticking around for eight months to play a video game probably has a lot more to do with the medium than any specific game.

Video games are disposable. You are meant to buy a game, play it a while and move on to buy the next game. That's how the industry works. Certainly the vast, vast majority of those who bought Diablo III fall more into that category than anything. Pretending that the measure of the success of a title is defined as "most everyone who bought the game should be playing it months later" and proclaiming the game is a failure because they aren't makes pretty much every video game a failure. So I don't know how much that really means.

Given any title by any game design house: if that many people are still interested enough to play it two-thirds of a year after it releases then it has my respect whether I like and play it or not.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Sorry but your reasoning is completely stupid.
    You mean much like your own reasoning when saying the general public both enjoyed the game and sees it as a success with nothing to back that claim up...

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    You might say that but name some non-MMO video games that still have 3,000,000 people a month playing them eight months after release. There are few if any that I'm aware of. So people not sticking around for eight months to play a video game probably has a lot more to do with the medium than any specific game.
    We have no idea how they came up with the 3 million number and lets face it, Blizzard are creative with numbers, 10 million WoW 'subscribers' for example. Without knowing the criteria for the 1 and 3 million numbers they mean very little, especially coming from Jay.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-04-14 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    We have no idea how they came up with the 3 million number and lets face it, Blizzard are creative with numbers, 10 million WoW 'subscribers' for example. Without knowing the criteria for the 1 and 3 million numbers they mean very little, especially coming from Jay.
    And there'll be a reason that they're invalidated even if we know how they define their numbers. I remember such complaints such as "lol annual pass", "that's from X country", etc. for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 million people don't play anymore. I would say that was a pretty conclusive 'Fuck You' to Blizzard.
    Do you seriously expect that those 9 million people would keep on playing a B2P game forever?
    Because that's what, that's what B2P games are. Most people bought it, went through some levels, possibly hell, and shelved it. And it's OK - the goal of a B2P game is not to provide 1000+ hours of gameplay if you explicitly don't want it.

Compare it with Battlefield, for instance: most people played the SP campaign, and only a tiny minority kept on playing MP. Heck, look at D2 - most people played SP for some time time and shelved the game. That's how things work with non sub-based games.

If you think that people shelving a game is a "fuck you", you're not very familiar with the VG sector. It's rather a "oh, another game is out I'm gonna check it out".
    MMO player

I was ultimately disappointed with the amount of content that Diablo 3 had in the end, it felt extremely short and it was way too predictable. I guess I didn't do enough research about what type of game it was (being all focused on grinding for the best loot you can get, regardless of the fact that you may have to run the same content 500 times for that to happen) since I enjoy a good story more-so than if the gameplay is smooth and flowing.

Grinding in that sense is, to me, not what I would call fun. I know many people play it just because they find the classes funny to play and all, but I can't get myself to play it anymore since it is the same worn-out story on every single character I do the content on, but I guess that wholly depends on what one is focusing on when playing a game.
    Last edited by Draenox; 2013-04-14 at 10:59 PM.

Deleted
    I bought it, after having played both D1 and D2. I leveled only to 57, then I abandoned it.

- D1 allowed instant ganking, D2 was already worse, D3 is 100% care-bear
    - 4 players only? Not gonna accept backward steps
    - after experiencing a pretty limitless world like in WoW, I just couldn't accept the fact that there are artificial boundaries everywhere
    - a 3D game forced into 2D
    - repeating content with 3 difficulty levels feels like a very very outdated concept (or are there 4?)
    - (do they have PvP meanwhile?)

PoE is much better, but I'm not gonna play that either. Can't go back to this limited 2D "crap".
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-04-14 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    And there'll be a reason that they're invalidated even if we know how they define their numbers. I remember such complaints such as "lol annual pass", "that's from X country", etc. for WoW.
    I don't know about that, it all depends how they are defined. The problem with WoW numbers lies in the fact that eastern players don't pay in the same way western players does, Chinese players pay less to be counted as a 'subscriber' for 6 months than a western player pays a month. So for WoW it's more complicated, not to mention that I can't recall Blizzard ever telling us active player numbers per region and day/week/month.

For D3 it's a bit more straight forward, it's more a question of time played and how many accounts either play to much (bots) or never actually play the game (AH accounts), something tells me the 1 and 3 million includes people logging on once for 2 minutes in a month and never actually play for example.

As it's free to log in the client can also be used as a chat software to communicate with your BNet friends...

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    The whole premise of the Diablo franchise is replayability. The excuse for always on was that it was not a single player game. They sold it as a mutli player game so you cant really compare it to any old non-mmo game. No point in going round in circles about this debate. 9 million people agree with me . If people still like playing it then fill your boots. I was just pointing out why so many people consider the game a failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    To be blunt, if you have some proof that Blizzard is lying about it, by all means show that proof. Otherwise I'd rather have a discussion based on the current reality than butting heads with someone who's defense against information they don't agree with is to simply say, "Well, it might not be true."
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Gear drops? Beats me I mean my max MF paragon 100 still not getting shit no matter how many hours I play. NP I got the AH to manipulate oh wait that's now what diablo was about.

IT WAS FINDING SHIT WHICH DOESN'T HAPPEN IN D3 HURRRRR

JAY WILSON'D
    Short and sweet, I like it.

After playing Diablo 2, who wouldn't be excited for Diablo 3. However, it seems the game settled to be mostly a cash grab for all the fanbase to buy up (whether wholly intended or not). I am sure Jay's AH idea seemed like a great idea for the direction that Blizzard was taking.

Now the game has a... slimy feeling.

They tainted the Diablo franchise forever so, I am not sure the cash was completely worth it in the long run. Imagine how much fewer people would buy Diablo 4 at this pont no matter the hype.