Installation of Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II - No mounting plate?

Hello, so this morning, I received my new Graphics Card cooler, the huge beast that is the Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/421...iew/index.html

Basic info:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
    Mobo: MSI P67-G45 Military Class II
    GPU card: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twinfrozr II

-

Unboxed, opened case, removed old cooler- Whoops!

One of the first instruction panels in the manual (Yeah.. I read the manual) tells me to remove the mounting plate on my card, BUT THERE IS NONE.

There simply is no mounting plate on my card (the GTX 560 Ti as stated above). The cooler is essentially just a fan between in a heatsink that's just screwed onto the holes in the card, no mounting plate whatsoever, but the default mounting plate that's installed on the VGA cooler does not fit my card.

Is the company I bought my PC of to blame for not providing such a (basic) feature into the card, to allow for future upgrades?

Should I go and find some computer shop that sells spare parts for computer hardware and get an appropriate mounting plate?

Is there any workaround around this?

Feel free to ask further questions below, as I might have forgotten something essential.

Deleted
    Maybe your specific type of PCB is not supported.
    Why would you want to replace the Twin Frozr anyway?

Edit: The cooler doesn't come with a full backplate and neither does your card as far as I can tell, only a mounting bracket like the one for your CPU, you should probably use your old one to mount the cooler on.
    Last edited by mmocf3173aaef6; 2012-07-05 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Maybe your specific type of PCB is not supported.
    Why would you want to replace the Twin Frozr anyway?

Edit: The cooler doesn't come with a full backplate and neither does your card as far as I can tell, only a mounting bracket like the one for your CPU, you should probably use your old one to mount the cooler on.
    Thanks for the response, the reason I want to replace the Twin Frozr is that it simply doesn't do enough.

Easily 70 degrees while just running WoW, at like 40% GPU usage with everything on Ultra.

The product description for the card did state that it's compatible with the GTX 560 Ti, so that sounds kind of strange.
    What do you mean my "old one", though? Don't have any spare ones, I recently replaced my stock Intel i7 cooler with a very awesome Noctua one, I haven't checked but will I be able to use the mounting bracket or plate for the old CPU cooler (the stock i7 one) for the GPU cooler as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Thanks for the response, the reason I want to replace the Twin Frozr is that it simply doesn't do enough.

Easily 70 degrees while just running WoW, at like 40% GPU usage with everything on Ultra.

The product description for the card did state that it's compatible with the GTX 560 Ti, so that sounds kind of strange.
    What do you mean my "old one", though? Don't have any spare ones, I recently replaced my stock Intel i7 cooler with a very awesome Noctua one, I haven't checked but will I be able to use the mounting bracket or plate for the old CPU cooler (the stock i7 one) for the GPU cooler as well?
    No, I meant; Use the old bracket that held the TwinFrozr in place, sure enough it was held in place by something wasn't it?

Deleted

Looks like a Mounting plate to me?...

Deleted
    It will most likely not fit on your 560 ti
    From the arctic site:
    "The compatibility list is based on AMD Radeon and NVIDIA's reference board layout only. ARCTIC holds no responsibility for incompatibility on non reference boards. Please check the height restriction drawing before purchase."

And i think the twin frozer has a custom PCB, but you can always try.....

Deleted

So this doesn't fit on the back of your card, correct?

From the picture you posted the holes kind of line up though.

On a sidenote, I dunno if it's only me who is thinking of this, but the TIM (thermal paste) on the Twin Frozr II there looks pretty badly applied.

You might get better temps if you reapply it more carefully with something decent, like Arctic MX-4/Shin-Etsu. I know I definitely did on my old HD6870 and GTX 580, and there was definitely a decrease in temps. This is just a suggestion ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    No, I meant; Use the old bracket that held the TwinFrozr in place, sure enough it was held in place by something wasn't it?
    Nope, that is the point I am trying to make. Nothing holds the TwinFrozr cooler in place except for some screws, nothing in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post

Looks like a Mounting plate to me?...
    Yes, from the owner of the cooler's old cooler / previous card as he installed it and had one, I don't.

The preinstalled one which is fit onto mine does not fit my card.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    It will most likely not fit on your 560 ti
    From the arctic site:
    "The compatibility list is based on AMD Radeon and NVIDIA's reference board layout only. ARCTIC holds no responsibility for incompatibility on non reference boards. Please check the height restriction drawing before purchase."

And i think the twin frozer has a custom PCB, but you can always try.....
    That'd certainly be unfortunate for me then. ;_; If this is the case, guess I will just fit it onto the next GPU I get, or something..

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 10:09 PM ----------

Been Googling around, still can't make out if the cooler will run on the (apparently) custom PCB of the TwinFrozr GTX 560 Ti, or if I will need to buy a reserve mounting plate elsewhere.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2012-07-05 at 11:04 PM.