How does one play audio from the headset through the microphone?

I would like to play a prank on one of my friends. I'm trying to figure out how I can play audio that I can hear from my headset through my microphone. I have windows 7 if that helps.

Thanks in advanced.

So instead of the pic being input..it would be outputing sound instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    So instead of the pic being input..it would be outputing sound instead?

Err. I'm trying to make it so they can hear what is being played in my headset over a voice chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    usb headset or jack plugs?

bend your mic up to your head set :P. I used to run a program called virtual cable with a DJ software, and antares autotune so I could have a beat playing anytime I qeued up and sound like Tpain in real time. Best time ever was the first time I used it and qeued up to sing the raid mechanics of a boss. That set us behind about 20 mins because people were crying in laughter. But I used it for a bout 3 months and had my vent name as TPain and always was autotuned. True fun. But I believe the virtual cable program should do what youre looking for.

Edit: Heres a link setting up that virtual cable program with vent and a music player of your choice. There were a lot of steps setting it up with my setup listed above so I found something a little more general.
    http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/...-for-Music.htm
    Last edited by demonskies; 2012-07-05 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    usb headset or jack plugs?
    My headset has the two jack plugs.

- Right click on your volume mixer in the task bar
    - click on recording devices
    - Right click and choose 'show disconnected devices'
    - Right click on 'stereo mixer' and set it as default device
    - Go to ventrilo/TS/etc setup and select 'stereo mix' as your default input device.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    - Right click on your volume mixer in the task bar
    - click on recording devices
    - Right click and choose 'show disconnected devices'
    - Right click on 'stereo mixer' and set it as default device
    - Go to ventrilo/TS/etc setup and select 'stereo mix' as your default input device.
    I don't have a 'stereo mixer' on that list :l

Why not grab a 3.5mm male to male plug and link your audio out to your mic in?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Why not grab a 3.5mm male to male plug and link your audio out to your mic in?
    Because you are using a computer, not a mixer table? There's 10 easier software solutions available that cost you nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Because you are using a computer, not a mixer table? There's 10 easier software solutions available that cost you nothing.
    Except a $3 hardware solution is simple, low tech and doesn't expose you to the risk downloading a bunch of junkware.

A lot of people have these types of things lying around so it could be free.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-05-28 at 11:13 AM.

Virtual Audio Cable isn't junkware. It works very well for doing this.

I believe I successfully set it up for mumble once a while back but there just wasn't enough interest for me to bother keeping it going. Was almost just to see if I could do it.

Though it's not free, although there are ways to obtain it for free (as with most software).

Some people might not have easy access to the back panel of their box either to be swapping out cables all the time when they want to do this. Also VAC lets you have both a "DJ" client and a standard talk to people client going at the same time.

Well just put in your microphone jack to the headphone slot at your PC.

A microphone is nothing else than a speaker, just quite distinctly produced for recording rather than playing sound, but it still has that capability.
    !!! BE AWARE !!!
    The microphone, when used as a speaker, cant stand much power. so eitehr be sure he doesnt play on full volume or dont do it, you might break his microphone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Well just put in your microphone jack to the headphone slot at your PC.

A microphone is nothing else than a speaker, just quite distinctly produced for recording rather than playing sound, but it still has that capability.
    !!! BE AWARE !!!
    The microphone, when used as a speaker, cant stand much power. so eitehr be sure he doesnt play on full volume or dont do it, you might break his microphone.
    That makes no sense. You plug your microphone to your speaker out so it will play sound. How will it record it if it's plugged to speaker slot?

If you feel the need to address this issue, feel free to leave the shovels and spades outside the graveyard and start your own thread.
    Thread locked.