The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

main hand/off hand expertise

It's been a very long time since I've played my rogue...and as combat currently my expertise is at 23(main hand)/26(off hand). I have +3 expertise from daggers for being a gnome. Do I need to reforge so that the main hand is at 26? Shadowcraft doesn't recommend I change anything and has my expertise at 692.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go pickpocket hagara, fix your problem the easy way. I don't know about reforging to cap MH, I know you don't bother with it for OH.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-07-06 at 02:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

^ This

However, it's surprising that shadowcraft doesn't recommend the extra expertise. It could just be that the other stats provide more, but normally getting expertise capped is a priority because of the high EP value.

Don't cap the MH, leave it at 23/26. Off hand expertise really isn't any less valuable than main hand expertise because of combat potency and poisons. Overcapping your offhand is itemization better spent on other stats, like haste.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Go pickpocket hagara, fix your problem the easy way. I don't know about reforging to cap MH, I know you don't bother with it for OH.
    Don't follow this advice. A normal DS run will give you very likely the No'kaled from DW - i have stage 2 daggers and still the axe + hagara dagger does more dps.
    Lower stages of legendary daggers are very lackluster, and No'kaled proc is really awesome.

As for expertise, leave the MH uncapped. The stat EP is based on the gain you get form both weapons, so when one is capped, the value decreases a lot. 23/26 is fine.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Or if you're very lucky, there's an agi sword that drops from trash. It's not better than no'kaled, in general, (due to gnome racial it might be very close for you) but it will give you the expertise racial in both hands. It's very well itemized for combat with haste and expertise as secondary stats. It just has a pretty horrible drop rate and unlike most trash drops, it's not BoE so you can't just buy it.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-07-06 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Or if you're very lucky, there's an agi sword that drops from trash. It's not better than no'kaled, in general, (due to gnome racial it might be very close for you) but it will give you the expertise racial in both hands. It's very well itemized for combat with haste and expertise as secondary stats. It just has a pretty horrible drop rate and unlike most trash drops, it's not BoE so you can't just buy it.
    Humans get expertise with swords.
    Gnomes get expertise with Daggers.

So it doesn't work like that in this case

Gnomes get it with "short blades", that is one handed swords and daggers.

Humans get one handed swords, two handed swords, one handed maces, and two handed maces.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Humans get expertise with swords.
    Gnomes get expertise with Daggers.

So it doesn't work like that in this case
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92680