Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Mogging Legendaries - Real Discussion

I posted this on the official forums too but I thought I would see what the MMO-champion community thought as well

-------

I know this topic has been brought up many many times, and recently there was another blue post about the topic.

Just from this thread, you can see the range of arguments on this topic, and the various pros and cons that transmogrifying legendary items would present.

Our current way of thinking is still that legendaries are and probably should remain to be rarely seen. When you do see one, you instantly recognise it for what it is, and acknowledge the prestige that goes along with owning one.

But please carry on discussing the topic, we're really interested to see some good discussion either way.
    The problem I have each time a blue explains why they don't want moggable legendaries is that it makes no ssense.

You say you want legendaries to be scarcely seen right, well won't there won't be any more legenadries seen that are already seen. The only time someone brings out a legendary now a days is just to run around org to show it off. Other than that no one will ever see one.

The thing we all need to understand here is that it actually takes more effort to obtain a legendary now than it probably did back when it was part of current content. Thus making them no more prevalent than now.

If it's because you are worried about everyone who has a legendary mogging into a legendary all the time, then take that as a challenge to your art team to make awesome looking weapons in challenge modes or something outside of orange pixels.

If I spent all that time doing the quests, getting the items, and showing up to raid every single week, I should be rewarded by allowing myself to transmogg my legendary. It makes 0 sense to say that making legendaries moggable would make them to common.
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2012-07-06 at 04:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as i would love seeing legendary weapons transmoggable, i just don't see it happening and to be honest, i'd prefer if they stayed unmoggable.

I also wanted to note that with all the recent nudges to compel people to do old raids, this also gives people another chance to finish off their legendaries. But what is the point if I can't use them at all?

I earned my Orange weapons, I should be able to mogg it too!

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

You should be able to mogg it if you got it back when it was 'current' content, like how only people who got the old-school vanilla titles can transmog the PvP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    if there were any good looking legendaries, i could agree but there arent so meh

This is a real discussion? In what way? Do you really think Blizz will change their mind because a handful on MMO are sobbing that they cannot transmog using them? With all that is going on within the game, do you think this matters? Will 2+m people return to the game because they can transmog some not particularly attractive bit of gear?

You have a need to show it off, strut around Org/SW with it equipped - I expect 95% of people will have no idea what it is anyway and the other 5% have it in their bank

And what is legendary about a weapon that can be got so easily these days? As Cammancy said, transmog if you earned it back then, as with the PvP gear, otherwise you are just little boys clumping around in daddie's shoes thinking it makes you big and brave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    if there were any good looking legendaries, i could agree but there arent so meh
    Yeah, because Shadowmourne is horrible to look at.

If anything you should be able to upgrade them somehow. Maybe through some long quest chain.

All I know is the reason Blizzard has given on this topic is pretty bad in my opinion.

I think legendaries should stay the way they are now.

I don't care if i cannot xmog them, there are a lot of different weapons that i can use - also the legendary is good only ofr a tier/expansion, after that it only dusts in bank.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am okay with not being able to transmog to legendaries, otherwise every warrior, DK, and rogue will be runny around with ridiculous warglaives.

But I wish you could transmog legendaries TO something else. Even if they look cool, you can't see them over weapon glow anyway

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I am okay with not being able to transmog to legendaries, otherwise every warrior, DK, and rogue will be runny around with ridiculous warglaives.

But I wish you could transmog legendaries TO something else. Even if they look cool, you can't see them over weapon glow anyway
    You'd have to have swords, which pretty much nobody raids with right now. PvPers might use them.

I also highly doubt they're that common. You two people with warglaives in org and it feels like they're everywhere - if they were transmoggable I doubt you'd actually see very many through the world/LFR/BGs/etc.

And other than every mage running around with thunderfury thinking he's funny and warglaives, the other legendaries probably exist at a far rarer rate.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-07-06 at 05:43 AM.

There's no real technical or tangible reason why they shouldn't be. I still prefer the current way though. They're a microcosm of their relevant time and place, vanity from the tiers they defined. Seeing them used in other raid instances as a skin over some other statistically superior weapon... it'd just feel wrong. It's undermining their significance. That may not matter to many people, but it seems to be Blizzard's intentions, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

I'm not sure about your server, but on mine, there's maybe, two, three warriors and rogues on the entire horde side with the warglaives? (Those who care enough about them to run around with them, that is.)

I think that's the whole point of the post, allowing legendaries to be transmogable isn't all of a sudden going to give 90% of all players on the server legendaries, or all of a sudden force everyone to transmog their weapons into legendaries, they would still most likely still be scarcely seen, they would just be seen in the middle of fights instead of on someone afk, trying to show off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    No thank you, I only want to see legendaries when they are current, not an endless torrent of Sulfuras, Thunderfuries, glaives and shadowmournes
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    You say you want legendaries to be scarcely seen right, well won't there won't be any more legenadries seen that are already seen. The only time someone brings out a legendary now a days is just to run around org to show it off. Other than that no one will ever see one.
    That's exactly the point. They want them to be rarely seen. Aside from the FL staff (which GC admitted was poorly implemented), legendaries are rare and they want to keep them that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    The thing we all need to understand here is that it actually takes more effort to obtain a legendary now than it probably did back when it was part of current content. Thus making them no more prevalent than now.
    Speaking of things that make no sense... I'm not sure how clearing a raid with 5 people takes more effort than when it required 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    Yeah, because Shadowmourne is horrible to look at.
    It's far too tiny to be considered a good looking weapon. Only the proc while fighting will make it slightly nice. But you don't have that when it's not the real Shadowmourne.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's exactly the point. They want them to be rarely seen. Aside from the FL staff (which GC admitted was poorly implemented), legendaries are rare and they want to keep them that way.

Speaking of things that make no sense... I'm not sure how clearing a raid with 5 people takes more effort than when it required 25.
    I can guarantee you that 9/10 of the people who are kicking and screaming that they should be able to show off the legendaries that they "put a ton of work into" either 1. got dragonwrath, which is a legendary that is more common than some heroic firelands gear or 2. want to show off their vanilla/BC/Wrath legendaries that they went back and ezmoded.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

1. It is actually a challenge to find people that want to do old content
    2. As when the weapon was part of current content, you were clearing it every single week. Now you might not do it every week to get the pieces you need.
    3. Pugging old raids that people don't know how to do always seems to be a challenge
    4. If you choose to solo, that takes even more time.
    5 Not every legendary chain can be completed with a couple people. (shadowmourne blood queen quests takes 7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    You should be able to mogg it if you got it back when it was 'current' content, like how only people who got the old-school vanilla titles can transmog the PvP gear.
    This.

If you earned your Thunderfury or Sulfuras back in the day, by all rights you should get to mog that shit - you fuckin' earned it. But if you got it by soloing MC once a week until you eventually got one... no, fuck you, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow