Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Beta key give away winners?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDai View Post
    When I raided (I do not raid at all now, not even LFG) I raided with a guild on Boulderfist called Severance. We were not "SUPER-ELITE!!!!11!!!1" or anything, but we beat most things in hardmode before nerfs (no, we didn't beat HM LK before nerfs, but we were getting close). I don't play WoW for the items. That was sorta the whole point of my comment. I played WoW to hang out with people who I REALLY liked and kill monsters together. The items enabled me to continue to do harder and harder stuff. They were a necessity, but not the goal.

There are many types of players, both in the casual crowd and in the elite crowd. Some Elite players play to enjoy the game, have fun, or possibly because they like the challenge of racing to the top. My previous comments do NOT apply to them. Then there are Elite players who play to get the best gear and show off their epeens. My comment WAS directed at them. There are casual gamers who try to do the same thing (show off their epeens), those are the people you're talking about. I don't fall into that category. I think those people are just as bad (if not worse) than the epeen Elite players.

The point of my post is that, no matter who you are, Elite player or casual, if you play WoW to get the best raid gear and show it off to everyone and you think that makes you cool or special, you are mistaken. It does not make you cool or special, it makes you pathetic. If you have to judge the worth of your life by the quality/quantity of items you have in WoW that other people do not, you SERIOUSLY need to re-evaluate your life's goals.

It's just like people who wake up in the morning and all they think about during the day is their next meal. Meals are a necessity, not a goal. Sure, you can enjoy a nice meal (just like you can enjoy a nice new weapon you had and be proud that you achieved it). But your entire goal in life shouldn't be to eat nice meals (get hawt lewts). That path leads to an early grave from a coronary (makes you look like an a**hat). Meals (items in WoW) are a way to survive (beat bigger monsters), which is the goal. The tastiness (awesomeness) of the meal (item) that the person in the booth next to you (the warrior tank in the guild on the same server as you) has bears no relevance on how tasty (awesome) your meal (item) is. You don't see people at restaurants getting mad cause other people got to order the same thing as they did. Maybe they got it comped for NO REASON AT ALL. The guy watching the person's meal get comped doesn't have a right to get all pissy that his meal cost money. The owner of the restaurant can charge whatever they please for their meals and if a customer got mad cause another customer got a free meal, they'd get thrown out of the restaurant.

So remember, whenever you whine about loot in the game (not having it OR other people having what you have), all you do is make yourself look like an obese, gluttonous, a**hat.
    Actually, I largely agree with you. I for one used to think people showing off in the game as a sign of insecurity and thought guilds had too much power. I just think now its gone too far the other way and with it alot of the fun and epic feeling has been removed. If you have 3 skill levels in the game then for me across the board nerfing of content makes little sense. If you cant defeat the last boss on normal, then you have found your level, either accept it or look at what you are doing wrong - I dont see whats wrong with that.

why is the image for one of the streams a picture of a guy dressed in a bear costume, giving the middle finger, with what appears to be blood all over his mouth....and he's smiling...what is going on!

Lol Elegon the Observer thats just pure genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Those people who work for Blizzard are blind or something ? People show them why the game is broken.. and they don't really cares at all.
    Yep, is like talking to a wall, they doesn't listen any kind of criticism anymore, is always "We are right and you are wrong"...

Oh wait, we get to fight Algalon again just with a different skin....

This video confirms it: Blizzard has given up on this game.

Get ready for Shit Mists of Faildaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humm looks like Elegon is the little brother of a Celestial Dragon from Guild Wars Faction

10+ Year Old Account
    Comic looks alright, despite being a little too reminiscent of The Gummy Bears in some of the panels.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

But still, the daily grind in MoP is just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    The problem with challenge modes is that they reduce the skill timing and cc of an encounter into "Quick PULL!!!". Its just another example of how you are constanly being reminded that this is just a computer game not the epic adventure it once was.
    Made my point.

I like Wow. Thanks Blizz.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Yriel;17459899]The problem is (and you can see that very well in the EU-thread) that the hardcores are only happy if the vast majority of players is unhappy. They want their exclusive content, their exclusive loot, their exclusive mounts that 95% of the other players are unable to see/achieve (that number was even mentioned). And that doesn´t make good business (and imo it´s a pretty shitty design philosophy in the first place).[quote]

You are wrong... hardcores and I mean true hardcores needed new people just like everyone. They are not some sort of choosen ones where selective few have access to. It may seem like that but that's only because game was designed back then like that. There's no community that can exist without new blood and hardcores are no exception, the pain with the hardcores is that mainstream simply doesnt have what it takes to be one, that's why they are belittled and frowned upon, The fact that they also suffer from loud minority that misrepresents then doesnt help.

Hating hardcores because the visible ones are assholes is same as hating religions because of loud zealots. All communities suffer this cancer.

Blizzard tries to cater to everyone. The hardcores hate that. It´s even understandable from their point of view but Blizzards thinks otherwise and they have to accept that. That´s why it´s kinda stupid to accuse Draztal (the CM that answered the questions) of being unprofessional or even being insulting because he just states the company line.
    They tired cater to the hardcores a bit it in the beginning of Catalysm, it backfired big time and so they stick to their WotLK philosophy. Thats just the way it is.
    No... hardcores dont hate that... only loud minority that misrepresents them does. Do not mix the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    GC is out of touch:
    "HC LK was one of if not the hardest bosses out there. Only a few people downed him without the debuff. So basicly the whole dungeon was balanced around the fact that that debuff was there....
    Not at all. And in fact, HC LK was defeated without the debuff not much longer after the initial kill. If memory serves me right, by Ensidia." Was not Ensidia who killed at 0% on HC after 5% kill but paragon.
    Yep because Ensidia got a temp ban for using engineering bombs that bugged the normal LK fight.