Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    If they wanted to enslave us or whipe us out we would have a though time winning such a battle since they still more advanced and they could probly attack from orbit, and even if we managed to destroy the first wave they would probly send more since we can't take the fight to them...

So.. Our jets can "Show off" and max out at something like 2000 miles an hour. If an alien race travels here, they can most likely travel at ~186,000 miles a second.

Just saying, I wouldn't plan on fighting a guy that can move 335,000 times faster than I can.

The first thing we should do is to tell the Americans it was all a hoax, and as it is in the nature of Americans to believe in such claims (moon landing, global warming, God.. oh wait scratch that last one) they will believe it. That way we won't have a bunch of American warplanes going for the alien ships getting them pissed off and killing us all. Instead we will send a sane world leader like Kofi Annan to try and communicate with them.

US government: FINALLY! Area 51 can be used! Dust off the probes, gentlemen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Some dumbass would shoot at one of them and trigger an interstellar war.

Which we would most likely lose, considering anyone with the technology to even travel here from another world is very much technologically superior to us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    we would try to destroy them and scavenge the technology if we manage to shoot em down.
    We're the real monsters.
    And this is what too much Hollywood breeds.

Deleted
    *Throw the cheeeeeese!!*

10+ Year Old Account
    We should give them Penguins as welcome gifts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say actually.. I think Futurama's episode of "Roswell that ends well" Summed it up.. President Truman (I think that's who it was) was sat in a room with Dr. Zoidberg. Truman says to him..

"If you come in peace, surrender now!".. "If you come for war, we surrender!"

Anecdotal at best, but I think that's almost exactly how it would go.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibbler View Post
    We should give them Penguins as welcome gifts.
    Bad idea. We'd then have to explain we are destroying their habitat. They would ally themselves with the penguins. It can only end badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has there ever been a time in our history where when two societies met that the more advanced one didn't cause the destruction of the less advanced.

No.

So we fight or we die.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If these aliens had the technology to go to different planets from across the universe then they probably would be able to PWN us. I would beg for mercy and offer my services to my new masters. If they declined, I would shank the ugliest one I could reach before I got vaporized.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2012-07-07 at 08:13 PM.

Chuck Norris
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    With destruction and death.

It's the human way.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Has there ever been a time in our history where when two societies met that the more advanced one didn't cause the destruction of the less advanced.

No.

So we fight or we die.
    Human societies.

Tanks and planes and nukes and spears and rocks and kicks!

Echo 1, Welcome Wagon is in the air.

(If you've seen Independence Day)
    Last edited by muto; 2012-07-07 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Pioneer went by in in 1973, Voyager in 1979, several others since then...

The Galileo probe was in orbit around Jupiter from 1995 to 2003.

Juno is currently on the way.

And so on. We've been there.
    Have they landed safely inside under the storms? That's what I meant, seeing under the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Why do Aliens have to be scary? You watch too many sci-fi films/stories and you let them convince you too much that aliens HAVE TO BE scary.

Why not imagine aliens are just like human, except they only have female gender, and all of them have hot bodies and pretty face, plus very aggressive sexually.

Sorry if you are a girl, but this is just another 'if' like what the OP suggested.
    Yup, sexually aggressive and amazing looking, just like female mantis and black widow spider females

Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    Where is the logic? You don't make great tech just by hearing. Audio books? Try building an electric circuit without eyes. Nearly everything humans developed requires eyes. I mean not just using them, but exploring things and developing needs precise perception in some form. I could accept some creature can't see light but sees through hearing like bats. But if they can't do that and only hear noises, they is not way they could do something. Just imagine a group of deaf ppl trying to build a spaceship all by themselves. Sounds impossible.
    Maybe they grew a spaceship. Maybe they themselves evolved to be able to live in space. But maybe they can "sense" stuff with another sense, or predict events in future.

We would ready the army, and shoot at first sight of hostile activity; and Since we don't know what that will be, we might shoot them while they try to shake our hands with their tongues.