Thread: MoP Raid Bosses

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

MoP Raid Bosses

Hey there everyone, I thought I'd start a discussion about MoP Raids. Is there any raid or raid boss you're super excited about already?
    I've been researching some bosses by Encounter Journal and some videos on testing and so far and I'm pleasantly surprised by most of the bosses, to name some I'm excited about:

Sha of Fear - Sounds very interesting with the teleport and the light mechanic and on heroic there's a whole new phase, awesome.
    Elegon - You all turn into Alagon like seriously and the encounter looks pretty cool and fun!
    Stone Guard - The heroic version sounds awesome with the area being used for mechanics instead of just adding a new ability/numbers, the normal encounter looked boring but I bet heroic will be special.
    Empress Shek'zeer - Looks like there will be a nice RP moment right before phase 3 where the Sha of Fear enters and breaks her chrysalis, I think it will be pretty cool seeing that in action,

Bear in mind numbers on Beta aren't final for current testing, so please don't judge by video difficulty. How about you, any particuluar boss you're excited about? Mechanics based, execution, looks, environment etc.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-07-06 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    The raid content as a whole really looks promising. Cant wait.
    Some fun mechanics and stuff. But in the end its all going to depend on the toughness of the bosses, I hope they will be hard as rock on heroic. As long as they hit back hard with a vengeance Im happy.
    Maybe easymode content trickers well with the most kids, making more $$ but it surely dont make a better game, not even for the noobs, because in time even they will become better and hate how easy everything is and fail to see any real challenges within the game.
    But it seems the creativity is cool, However how difficult they decide it should be is really the big question, one can only hope.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well I wouldnt judge from current tuning But hopefully they'll get it right overall for you

does anyone know what the tiers are for these raids? as in, are they all the same tier, or are these the only three raids in the whole expansion?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    does anyone know what the tiers are for these raids? as in, are they all the same tier, or are these the only three raids in the whole expansion?
    They are the first tier aka. tier 14. There will probably be 3-4 or so tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by soyzan View Post
    The raid content as a whole really looks promising. Cant wait.
    Some fun mechanics and stuff. But in the end its all going to depend on the toughness of the bosses, I hope they will be hard as rock on heroic. As long as they hit back hard with a vengeance Im happy.
    Maybe easymode content trickers well with the most kids, making more $$ but it surely dont make a better game, not even for the noobs, because in time even they will become better and hate how easy everything is and fail to see any real challenges within the game.
    But it seems the creativity is cool, However how difficult they decide it should be is really the big question, one can only hope.
    Blue post already said difficulty would be on par with DS. Cant wait for you to complain.

I am personally excited for the Will of the Emperor fight. Tanks get to run around like badasses and the dps and healers get to sit back and burn lots of adds coming at them the entire fight. Looks like a very fun fight. The first boss in Heart of Fear looks good too, Imperial Vizier Zor'lok. And I would have to agree with the heroic Stone Guard. From what I remember different parts of the floor light up in different colors and give certain buffs? Sounds like a disco dancefloor boss fight to me!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    Will of the Emperor fight.!
    This on heroic will be a kite fest

And I would have to agree with the heroic Stone Guard. From what I remember different parts of the floor light up in different colors and give certain buffs? Sounds like a disco dancefloor boss fight to me!
    So it is a bit like Heigan meets Omnotron heroic meets iron council?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only started looking into them recently with today's Elegon vid - the Elegon fight sounds amazing and the others are interesting so far as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So it is a bit like Heigan meets Omnotron heroic meets iron council?
    Um...yes. Yes, indeed. Safety dance across the disco floor!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It should be interesting, it sounds interesting, so I hope they actually make it interesting and not do it half-hearted