Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mages have always been a powerful class in PvP, dunno why some people are defending it. Sure, they have their own problems of being locked down, but they're definitely more mobile and bursty than a lot of other classes, such as warlocks and priests (stronger openers, survival CDs, etc).

On a sidenote, the damage makes me cringe. Only my execute does this much damage, and this guy just pumps out near 100k crits consistently. Obviously he needs his target snared and all, but it's not like that's a problem.

Disgusting. I don't comment on the skills of the players involved.. It's just what mages are capable of what makes me say: MoP, no thanks. I believe this is where my WoW time will end. Gonna follow the development for a bit, but if in the end pvp is fucked up like it is right now, then goodbye. Those shatters were way too hard. Everybody can shatter, everybody. Symbiosis etc.. That's all big bad bullcrap.

I was almost sure im gonna play warlock in MoP, after seeing this... im not so sure anymore :P

Deleted
    "Not again.. NOT AGAIN!" - Magtheridon

Far too many people here who think beta numbers are final. Especially considering we are still missing the base 30% resil.

Cartoonz is mai hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogie View Post
    Far too many people here who think beta numbers are final. Especially considering we are still missing the base 30% resil.
    Go test it yourself the 30% is in and has been from the start of beta people are just doing that much dmg. Go hit a dummy then go hit someone in pve gear the dmg will go down 30%.

Frost's dmg will stay this high in pvp for it to be balanced in pve.

Does no1 see his druid partner??!!

This isn't 1vs2. When you see the scoreboard you can see that his druid friend did dmg and in some fights you actually see him fight.

How anyone falls for this....

That's disgusting... And yet AGAIN, Mages will carry over with their stupid high damage on shatters, I saw 100k ICELANCES, what a joke. And don't come with the usual bull about dispels, they have 8 sec CD now.

I was wondering, what if that Mage picked Invocation, he could Evocate every 10 seconds, and considering Evocate does 1 heal tick immediately as you activate the skill...

Cartoonz, I know you are a good player, but I really can't really give you much respect like I give to other renowned players, I can't respect Mage players. Don't you ever get bored of being so OP? This got old already.

15+ Year Old Account
    how did u get that huge instant heal when u were iceblocked? u jumped up like 50% hp and ur partner was dead so he couldnt have healed u

Cold Snap now has an additional effect, heals you for 30% of your max HP.

Its sad how current WoW players just result to crying when faced with something they don't know how to counter. I have played many many chars in my WoW lifetime since vanilla and i can say any class is capable of countering the other. What amazes me is how everyone has such a digital ego to complain about something before they work on multiple strategies to beat it. While my mage remains my main i have no issues fighting other mages and beatting them on locks, rogues, shaman, hunter, and warriors. While the skill increases with certain classes that doesn't make them OP. And if u think those shatters hurt, play around with an elemental shaman and ascendance/spritiwalkers and let me know what you think. There is a reason my shaman will be my main in the expansion and not my mage. -Go look.
    You are also comparing resilience numbers to the first tier season/crafted shit. Thats as if you compared the deadly PVP gear starting at wrath to Wrathful gear from the final season. Resilience will only get bigger and better. Its beta, get over it. And if you want to complain about CC and snares every class has been homogenized and 90% of every class has what every other class has just in their own way. -fuck sakes, baby bottles all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankhorne View Post
    That's disgusting... And yet AGAIN, Mages will carry over with their stupid high damage on shatters, I saw 100k ICELANCES, what a joke. And don't come with the usual bull about dispels, they have 8 sec CD now.

I was wondering, what if that Mage picked Invocation, he could Evocate every 10 seconds, and considering Evocate does 1 heal tick immediately as you activate the skill...

Cartoonz, I know you are a good player, but I really can't really give you much respect like I give to other renowned players, I can't respect Mage players. Don't you ever get bored of being so OP? This got old already.
    Honestly it just sounds like a bunch of crying. Yeah mages are look pretty broken from this perspective, but it's also 2v2. Wait until 3v3 arena's are introduced since 2v2 isn't going to be a real depiction on mage balance. To answer your question on does it get boring on being op, no it doesn't. That's like asking, don't you ever get bored of winning all the time? NOPE.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really, -really- hope this crap get's balanced in some way, because skill only goes so far when your opponent can just snare, kite and crit untill the cows come home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybrid View Post
    Its sad how current WoW players just result to crying when faced with something they don't know how to counter. I have played many many chars in my WoW lifetime since vanilla and i can say any class is capable of countering the other. What amazes me is how everyone has such a digital ego to complain about something before they work on multiple strategies to beat it. While my mage remains my main i have no issues fighting other mages and beatting them on locks, rogues, shaman, hunter, and warriors. While the skill increases with certain classes that doesn't make them OP. And if u think those shatters hurt, play around with an elemental shaman and ascendance/spritiwalkers and let me know what you think. There is a reason my shaman will be my main in the expansion and not my mage. -Go look.
    You are also comparing resilience numbers to the first tier season/crafted shit. Thats as if you compared the deadly PVP gear starting at wrath to Wrathful gear from the final season. Resilience will only get bigger and better. Its beta, get over it. And if you want to complain about CC and snares every class has been homogenized and 90% of every class has what every other class has just in their own way. -fuck sakes, baby bottles all around.
    1- Retarded damage is retarded damage. There is no "counter" to it. I would like to see that boomkin hitting for 200k on Starsurge, it would be the Mage's fault for not being able to "counter" him. BTW, with the amount of self heals/snares/CC/utiluty Mage has, he could actually counter it.

2- Try fightning actual GOOD Mages, then try to say this again.

3- Ways for Shaman to Burst: Ascendance (3min CD) + Spiritwalker's Grace (2 min CD). CCing the Shaman is viable

Ways for Mage to Burst: Deep Freeze (30sec CD) - Ring of Frost - (30sec CD) - Pet Nova (30sec CD) - Frost Nova (25 sec CD) - Frozen Orb (60 sec CD)

Yeah, they are TOTALLY comparable

4- Have you really been playing the same game as all of us? In case you don't know, resilience is the more efficient at the start of the expansions, and actually gets weaker as gear levels goes up, it gets horribly outscaled by damage.

5- NO DPS class in this game has the combined amount of CC/Burst Damage/Utility and now even Survivability (8 sec Dispels/LOLInvocation/Cold Snap/Symbiosis's Healing Touch critting for 150k...) like a Mage has. Stop defending your OP class.

Try again.

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    Honestly it just sounds like a bunch of crying. Yeah mages are look pretty broken from this perspective, but it's also 2v2. Wait until 3v3 arena's are introduced since 2v2 isn't going to be a real depiction on mage balance. To answer your question on does it get boring on being op, no it doesn't. That's like asking, don't you ever get bored of winning all the time? NOPE.
    Bunch of crying? For the Mages, yes, it may be. For that players on the video, that pally for example, that got almost 1 shot in Shatter, maybe not so much. Don't start on the old "2s don't matter", it does. And do you know why? 2 reasons:

1-It still is the most played bracket, it is what people enjoy most.
    2-It could be much better balanced if Blizzard didn't create certain aberrations, like this Invocation talent, wich will be totally broken in 2s

Having a class "balanced" in 3's and Overpowered on everything else is a poor excuse for an incompetent design. Or maybe, like many people say, Blizzard does this purposely for some Devs that play Mages. I don't see any other reason for such behavior.

And the bottom line: you can't justify a class' brokeness arguing "it is fine for PVE". You balance your stuff or separate the game in PVE/PVP like has been suggested many time ago.
    Last edited by Vankhorne; 2012-07-10 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Added details/Clarification

Mages are losing their Cone of Cold root.

They now only gain one fingers of frost proc per ranged pet nova, which means they now have to choose - do I want to shatter here, or do I want to deep sheep the healer? Can't do both on demand anymore.

They have lost Early Frost, which means Frostbolt cast time is the same the whole game, no longer can you get 2 x Frostbolts + Ice Lance into a deep. On top of the fact they won't be generating as many Fingers of Frost procs because of the pet nova change among others, this means they have to cast more. That's a good thing considering every class in this game has an interrupt, and most have some form of gap closer. Mages will be trained hard in MoP, if you aren't training (or at least regularly switching to) the Mage, you are doing it wrong. If you stand there and LET them free cast all game, you should pay for it ffs. They have always been a burst class. There are ways to stop said burst.

I play multiple classes, Warlock and Rogue being my main two. But I also know how Mages work, and while I agree ice lance damage may be a little high in this clip, I don't think it's too over the top considering how much they suffer when they are being trained (in MoP mostly, Cata it's ok due to simple CoC root and instant RoF).

Get a clue please people... If Mages were as stupid as you say they are there would be many many more of them currently in top teams.

Also - the opponents in this clip were basically terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by moistau View Post
    Mages are losing their Cone of Cold root.
    Dispels now have a 8sec cd thats an insane buff to mages period.
    They now only gain one fingers of frost proc per ranged pet nova, which means they now have to choose - do I want to shatter here, or do I want to deep sheep the healer? Can't do both on demand anymore.
    More ways to get fof were added
    They have lost Early Frost, which means Frostbolt cast time is the same the whole game, no longer can you get 2 x Frostbolts + Ice Lance into a deep. On top of the fact they won't be generating as many Fingers of Frost procs because of the pet nova change among others, this means they have to cast more. That's a good thing considering every class in this game has an interrupt, and most have some form of gap closer. Mages will be trained hard in MoP, if you aren't training (or at least regularly switching to) the Mage, you are doing it wrong. If you stand there and LET them free cast all game, you should pay for it ffs. They have always been a burst class. There are ways to stop said burst.
    Glyph of deep freeze frees a gcd, Let the mage free cast all game? Mage only needs one shatter to kill someone in full s12 gear....
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-07-11 at 03:35 AM.

Deleted
    I like Symbiosis for obvious reasons, nice vid
    Last edited by mmoc76237c3918; 2012-07-11 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Wtb pvp realms for pvp and pve realms for... well you get the idea. Then they can balance each all day long.