Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox7 View Post
    You are as easy to peel as any other class however you have the shortest cd on any class in the game, therefore no you are not the easiest to peel. If warriors were in such a bad state why were they so good for all of cata up until now? You cannot prevent a warrior from getting LttS up.....You guys are crying as if warriors never have uptime, dont do any damage and cry about how "every other class is better" if its so bad then reroll im sorry to say but honest to fucking god the good players dont have much of a problem until higher ratings, and I doubt many of you are high rated here.
    Wait what...? Yes, we were OP as shit beginning of Cataclysm. No one would ever deny that unless they're delusional. No, it wasn't because of our mobility. If you don't believe that to be true then just look at how retarded the 4.1 juggernaut change was to where throwdown dr'd with charge stun. Do you know why it was retarded? Because our only method to reliably get to our target failed to hold our target in place. So instead we got a lower duration stun but A REMOVAL OF FUCKING INTERCEPT. So we in the end we were worse off in mobility than we were a patch before where it was already established that our mobility was overall terrible.

    You site our viability in competitive PvP. Then please, for the love of god, stop ignoring the facts and see that warrior representation has plummeted. We used to be powerhouses so we could deal damage in the super small windows of burst we'd have. That burst was reduced overall. And now we can clearly see that MOBILITY was the problem to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  2. #42
    hmm well avatar makes you immune to movement effects we still have charge/jump like in cata and a glyph that makes ous move faster while enraged and we can spec into a silence aoe shout and i think silence on heroic throw is glyph able to. So i disagree on movement and not bringing anything to the table. We can also intervene to a totem our player which helps reduce dmg to them if your speced for it.

  3. #43
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox7 View Post
    Mobility IS great how is 13 second charge NOT great no class can move around the bg as quickly as a warrior if they use charge, leap and intervene correctly but yeah their only root break tied into bladestorm is pretty shitty and heroic leap is a pos however the 30 sec cd on it on mop will be pretty crazy though especially with avatar.
    Charge is good yeah, but Charge on its own isn't groundbreaking. For example, against some classes you need Heroic Leap otherwise it's game over. Charge isn't as good as people think it is because the classes you fight have ways to get away just as frequently, Blink, Disengage (and masters call so they wouldn't even have to disengage) or they simply get rid of the Hamstring you put on them so you gain next to nothing. Improved Hamstring is the only thing that gives Warriors a chance right now and that's 2 gcds for a 4 second root in which you will get barely any damage in unless you use Reck (which is a deathwish).

    Tbh though, the expansion is over so there isn't really much point debating about this stuff now since it's pretty much irrelevant. MoP changes will be here soon and so will MoP hopefully. I agree with you that Avatar is going to be crazy, it's stupidly op. Thinking about potentially having Bladestorm and Avatar gives options also.

  4. #44
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wait what...? Yes, we were OP as shit beginning of Cataclysm. No one would ever deny that unless they're delusional. No, it wasn't because of our mobility. If you don't believe that to be true then just look at how retarded the 4.1 juggernaut change was to where throwdown dr'd with charge stun. Do you know why it was retarded? Because our only method to reliably get to our target failed to hold our target in place. So instead we got a lower duration stun but A REMOVAL OF FUCKING INTERCEPT. So we in the end we were worse off in mobility than we were a patch before where it was already established that our mobility was overall terrible.

    You site our viability in competitive PvP. Then please, for the love of god, stop ignoring the facts and see that warrior representation has plummeted. We used to be powerhouses so we could deal damage in the super small windows of burst we'd have. That burst was reduced overall. And now we can clearly see that MOBILITY was the problem to begin with.
    We got nerfed because Colossus Smash is an awful fucking concept for PvP and shouldn't have any effect in PvP.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  5. #45
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    We got nerfed because Colossus Smash is an awful fucking concept for PvP and shouldn't have any effect in PvP.
    I would say it was more Deadly Calm/Reck destroying anything with ease.

  6. #46
    Agreed TJ charge on its own isnt amazing yes other classes do have ways to get away but thats the point when you use charge correctly IE dont charge before the blink or deter to save your heroic leap for when you really need it, it becomes an amazing ability for the short cd it has all other mele gap closers are atleast twice the cd, that is my point.
    Then you get players like flaks and that other guy on the page before with VERY little clue on how to play the class and thought having charge intercept and heroic leap wasnt enough "mobility" warriors WERE unpeelable when they had those you couldnt get away for longer than a few seconds top even the bad ones because they simply had another charge to get near you, plus the cunts who used them to stunlock healers when they went to try to cast anything......ontop of the damage they did with CS was just stupid as fuck. Granted I dont like heroic leap due to its buggyness but giving the player the ability to place it where they want rather than where the player is was a nice option IF IT WOULD WORK which as several have said it doesnt, and yeah the cd is a little too long on it but if its down to 30sec in mists then I really see no problem with wars mobility.
    All they are lacking at the minute is an ability to escape roots. Literally that is it. You can be like that guy on the last page and spam "YOU DON'T FUCKING PLAY A WAR CURRENTLY YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT" all you want but I currently play on live with my alt war with absolutely no problems in bgs, and no problems in 3's, albeit I don't play at high ratings on him but as I said before neither do those who are crying that warriors are bad, they just find it easier to cry their class is bad than accept they don't play as well as they think they do.

  7. #47
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,419
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I would say it was more Deadly Calm/Reck destroying anything with ease.
    No, it was due to all of a warrior's damage being balanced around bursting the fuck out of things inside a 6 second window.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,721
    Heh.

    Either warriors are extremely overpowered or just crap, and the way they get skills atm is just weird.

    Intercept at 50? Combat charge being talented? Guess its time for Blizzard to hire a warrior dev..

    And why do every MS have to be like our? Buff MS so we outshine rogues in ONE aspect.

    What do i know, my warr is only at around 40 but man.. The way the charges are is just insane.

    Maybe i just read it wrong but double charge got a 40 sec cd? Thats.. Weird.
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2012-07-11 at 01:44 PM.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    No, it was due to all of a warrior's damage being balanced around bursting the fuck out of things inside a 6 second window.
    ^This exactly

  10. #50
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    No, it was due to all of a warrior's damage being balanced around bursting the fuck out of things inside a 6 second window.
    Thing is Colossus was nerfed in the first patch I think it was, yet Find Weakness has been 70% for the whole expac. Some things I just don't understand..

  11. #51
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Thing is Colossus was nerfed in the first patch I think it was, yet Find Weakness has been 70% for the whole expac. Some things I just don't understand..
    Find weakness was 50% at the start of cataclysm. They buffed it because rogues didn't have the pressure to kill as they do now. 70% find weakness is balanced considering the rogue only gets it when they come out of stealth. Warrior's colossus smash has a 20 second cd with a 6% chance to randomly reset the cd from sudden death. Warriors generally have more ignore armor uptime than rogues.

    There's nothing wrong with colossus smash. Its better than having the ArP stat which required you to be a full time raider to be competitive in arena. Passive ArP wasn't fun either. The best thing Cataclysm did for the majority of warriors was getting rid of the ArP stat for colossus smash.

  12. #52
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Find weakness was 50% at the start of cataclysm. They buffed it because rogues didn't have the pressure to kill as they do now. 70% find weakness is balanced considering the rogue only gets it when they come out of stealth. Warrior's colossus smash has a 20 second cd with a 6% chance to randomly reset the cd from sudden death. Warriors generally have more ignore armor uptime than rogues.

    There's nothing wrong with colossus smash. Its better than having the ArP stat which required you to be a full time raider to be competitive in arena. Passive ArP wasn't fun either. The best thing Cataclysm did for the majority of warriors was getting rid of the ArP stat for colossus smash.
    It's not balanced because they have 2 vanishes and can restealth depending on the comp, not to mention if you get caught in a dance with it on you, you're pretty much dead. Dance also reapplies it if you use Cheap, Garrote or Ambush (which you will).
    I wouldn't say Smash has the same effect as FW because of dance being so strong if used with it, that's my opinion though.

  13. #53
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It's not balanced because they have 2 vanishes and can restealth depending on the comp, not to mention if you get caught in a dance with it on you, you're pretty much dead. I wouldn't say Smash has the same effect as FW because of dance being so strong if used with it, that's my opinion though.
    Except that rogues had 2 vanishes and shadow step and 70% find weakness in season 10 and yet no one was complaining about them then. Rogue abilities aren't the problem, its the damage scaling with agility that's the problem.

  14. #54
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Except that rogues had 2 vanishes and shadow step and 70% find weakness in season 10 and yet no one was complaining about them then. Rogue abilities aren't the problem, its the damage scaling with agility that's the problem.
    Yes you are correct, but didn't Sub get buffed to make it "the spec" at some point? can't actually remember. But yeah, scaling will always be a problem in WoW, that's why the game needs to constantly be tweaked which is what Blizzard failed at big time this expac.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yes you are correct, but didn't Sub get buffed to make it "the spec" at some point? can't actually remember. But yeah, scaling will always be a problem in WoW, that's why the game needs to constantly be tweaked which is what Blizzard failed at big time this expac.
    Yeah if they just actually separated pvp and pve then just balanced shit with MINOR tweaks as it got out of line and not half a year or more of being OP/UP the game could be balanced much better than it is now.
    At the start of the expansion its always the same "we need more data/testing to tell if what these 30 threads all saying the same thing is true or not" the next one will be "resil will fix it". Midway through expac it turns into some bullshit excuse about them wanting more players to roll the OP specs and they can be op untill they get their target then they nerfbat that class down. Then by the end of the expac its "oh we will fix it next expac no point fixing it now".
    Its pretty simple, they have the monopoly on the mmo market until something starts to rival it and compete for some of its playerbase they probably wont give a shit >.>

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I would say it was more Deadly Calm/Reck destroying anything with ease.

    Don't forget about inner rage giving a flat 15% dmg boost back then lol.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 05:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yes you are correct, but didn't Sub get buffed to make it "the spec" at some point?
    No its been the same since mid s9.

  17. #57
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox7 View Post
    Yeah if they just actually separated pvp and pve then just balanced shit with MINOR tweaks as it got out of line and not half a year or more of being OP/UP the game could be balanced much better than it is now.
    At the start of the expansion its always the same "we need more data/testing to tell if what these 30 threads all saying the same thing is true or not" the next one will be "resil will fix it". Midway through expac it turns into some bullshit excuse about them wanting more players to roll the OP specs and they can be op untill they get their target then they nerfbat that class down. Then by the end of the expac its "oh we will fix it next expac no point fixing it now".
    Its pretty simple, they have the monopoly on the mmo market until something starts to rival it and compete for some of its playerbase they probably wont give a shit >.>
    Yep, you're telling me. Blizzard are full of horseshit when it comes to PvP.

  18. #58
    "Cant do anything while snared" in high end warrior pvp you will have a healer on your arena team that can (and will dispel you almost instantly).
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

  19. #59
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    But yeah, scaling will always be a problem in WoW, that's why the game needs to constantly be tweaked which is what Blizzard failed at big time this expac.
    Undoubtedly one of the wisest comments I have ever seen on these forums.
    There is a fine line between clever and stupid.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBallin View Post

    This is not good for warriors at all. Warriors need 100% uptime in arena on a target, the reason for this is because if we are being kited or nova'd in place we are doing nothing in that game and it may as well be 2 vs 3. Every other class brings something to the table even if they are kited / nova'd or snared, many classes have decent or beneficial ranged abilities.
    No, no no. Warriors do not NEED 100% uptime, that makes them optimal. See below

    Quote Originally Posted by PureBallin View Post

    Casters have 100% uptime in terms of being able to damage for 100% of the game, melee classes like Death Knights if being kited can grip, snare, nova or even use ranged spells against opponents so they are not useless when being out ranged. We need more gap closures or self sufficient mobility in order to be able to do anything in arena.
    Except when they are silenced or interrupted. When does a warrior get interrupted on hitting casters? Only when stunned or snared.

    By your argument casters should not be able to be interrupted or silenced.

    It's called BALANCE.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •