10+ Year Old Account

70 hours and 70k for CLANG

cmon guys, let's make THIS happen

Clang is real swordfighting game by Neal Stephenson (in "development") so at least try to share this for more ppl to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Ctrl+F Bushido Blade, Ctrl+F Jedi Outcast

No mention of the only swordfighting games to ever get it right.

Can't see this project being something I would like.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, medieval swordmanship (i know because I practiced it) it has nothing to do with bushido blade or jedi outcast as you point out.
    this game could be awesome...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see physics being a big problem for this game:

-without the physical weight of a blade you can just whip the controller around so quick that it makes a broadsword swing around like a foil. if they internally limit the movement speed of the blade it will feel "off".

10+ Year Old Account
    Only problem I see with this is that they are going to charge for the game, and then you will have to go buy a controller specifically for this one game?
    inb4 someone says "You can use a mouse and keyboard."
    no.
    A game like this will not be nearly as fun on a keyboard/mouse when the developers main focus is on the motion sensing controller.
    I also don't like how they are limiting themselves to such a small budget, so they are missing out on a lot of features that could be great selling points.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-07-06 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Only problem I see with this is that they are going to charge for the game, and then you will have to go buy a controller specifically for this one game?
    inb4 someone says "You can use a mouse and keyboard."
    no.
    A game like this will not be nearly as fun on a keyboard/mouse when the developers main focus is on the motion sensing controller.
    I also don't like how they are limiting themselves to such a small budget, so they are missing out on a lot of features that could be great selling points.
    Well, considering NS said it would be a motion controller I'm just going to assume there won't be any mouse+keyboard support for the gam.

500k isn't a small budget though. Considering the game is going to have a limited number of areas, they don't have to spend much time creating art assets (which is relatively time consuming), they aren't going to be writing much of a story, and aren't going to have a lot of the bells and whistles that most big games launch.

What features are you thinking of that it won't have? You also have to look at the fact that they're not trying to make a massively marketable game that will "appeal to a broad audience", but a game for enthusiasts and a game that will provide a realistic sword combat experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look like something I would be interested in, and I have wanted a good multiplayer sword fighting game FOREVER. War of The Roses looks like the best sword fighting game coming out soon, and if you're interested in a medieval combat "fps", check it out.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."