Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm clean.

Thanks for the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    That's what he's trying to tell you though. The information isn't incorrect, but it isn't accurate.
    The information from the numerous websites listed are indeed accurate. Whether or not the issue has been greatly dramatized is what some people are arguing about.

LOL! Have we really become so gullible?

The media creates fear mongering through a "possible" threat to our PC's and what do we do? Jump on it and do what they say to help prevent it!

If anything, clicking on that link and "checking" your PC for the threat probably registers you to some FBI monitoring program where they can keep even closer tabs on what you are doing with your computer.

Call me paranoid, but I just don't trust anything that is designed to instill panic. The Government knows just how vital computers and the internet are in our technologically dependent lifestyles and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this was a huge scam. You see evidence of this type of behavior everywhere now. Has anyone actually checked positive for this so-called threat?

If I wake up on July 9th and my computer is f'ed, then I'll eat my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    The information from the numerous websites listed are indeed accurate. Whether or not the issue has been greatly dramatized is what some people are arguing about.
    Accurate... I don't think it means what you think it means... /facepalm.

There is no denying that the articles ARE greatly dramatized. That's what he's trying to say. He's not taking any issue with YOUR post. It's the news articles. If you want to follow it because you don't know any better, then fine. But don't think that he's taking issue with your post specifically. I don't even think a lot of the people are saying that it's just YOUR title that needs to be changed. It's the title of all the news articles as well.
    Last edited by RedDragon4275; 2012-07-06 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

The information from the numerous websites listed are indeed accurate
    Actually, some of the information is NOT accurate. Like, on an actual factual level. But that's not really the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Goddammit, Celticmoon you are NOT going to try to be helpful HERE, do you understand me??!
    Lol, never again. I'm sorry I tried to help some people, with a website that lets them check that they are clean. Holy Jebus....my post was nothing but quotes from a website too. None of my own...
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2012-07-06 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Lol, never again. I'm sorry I tried to help some people, with a website that lets them check that they are clean. Holy Jebus....my post was nothing but quotes from a website too. None of my own...
    I'm pretty sure everyone realizes that. That's why it's been stated that it's the ARTICLES people are having issues with. Not your post. Don't take it so personally.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.

I'm clean.

So does this thing just change your default DNS server? That doesn't "kill" your PC, or shut off your internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    So does this thing just change your default DNS server? That doesn't "kill" your PC, or shut off your internet.
    Pretty much, yeah. That's why a lot of people are saying the news articles are fearmongering and sensationalizing the issue.

I'm clean, come at me bro!
    If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Oh my god people stop being so caught up on the title.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.