Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Since I can't compare between genres, I will make a list like everyone else:
    RPG: The Witcher 2
    MOBA: League of Legends
    RTS: The Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2
    MMORPG: Most time played: Wow. But quit some time ago. Looking for a new one to fill the gap though :P
    Action: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty or Metal Gear Solid. They are equal to me :P
    Honorable mention: Assassin's Creed 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Alltime fav? I would say:

Rome total war & the Rtw Barberian expac

I just loved its online community, the flame wars, the tournaments & ladders.
    And the ever changing tactics at the highest level of competitive online play.
    + Out of all the games I have played, Rome Tw was the one I really shined the brightest in.
    Sp wasn't too bad either, to this day I still play a few modded campaigns from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vampires the masquerade bloodlines
    or Dragon age origins kinda equal
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

I have many.
    Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Dark Souls, BioShock, Super Meat Boy, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Red Dead Redemption, Terraria, Paper Mario, Donkey Kong 64, Chrono Trigger.

I'm sure there are many more but I can't think of them right now.

Majora's Mask/Skyward Sword/Ocarina of Time
    Pokemon White/Heartgold
    Guild Wars 2
    Paper Mario 2/Paper Mario 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Majora's Mask/Skyward Sword/Ocarina of Time
    Pokemon White/Heartgold
    Guild Wars 2
    Paper Mario 2/Paper Mario 3
    REALLY?! I mean I know you are different, but REALLLLLY?! I mean I can appreciate the better "villains" and "story"...but who plays Pokemon for that?

Any LoZ, particularly OOT or Majora's Mask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    REALLY?! I mean I know you are different, but REALLLLLY?! I mean I can appreciate the better "villains" and "story"...but who plays Pokemon for that?
    The story isn't the only thing better about it. The gameplay is vaaaaastly superior to any other Gen. I like how you assume it was merely for the story.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Mother of God! How do I pick the ONE?....

Urgh impossible really, it's a tie between oh so many games, including Warcraft 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Age of Empires 2, Wind Waker and so on and so forth!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post

The story isn't the only thin better about it. The gameplay is vaaaaastly superior to any other Gen. I like how you assume it was merely for the story.
    I was merely pointing out the thing that made me like it. I can also appreciate the better battles but the gym design and Pokemon were awful.

I was merely pointing out the thing that made me like it. I can also appreciate the better battles but the gym design and Pokemon were awful.
    Good thing that was Skel's opinion, and not yours, right?

Also, the Pokemon design was pretty good, minus Vanilluxe, but you know, Gen 1 wasn't perfect either.

Well, White had a pretty good story, pokemon, and all around better gameplay than the previous generations. If you love the other generation pokemon so much and insist they are better in every way, then you can use them in the new games.

Not like the 1st generation of pokemon were a masterpiece. If the ones in G5 came out 15 years ago and the ones in G1 came out last year, then you would be singing a different tune.

Skelington can have opinions too.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    While still being generic and obvious, they actually did a lot in terms of trying to tell a rather dramatic and emotional story in White/Black.
    Take the anti-hero "N" for example, while he may just seem like a stoned kid with bad hair, once you talk to a few npcs and such, you actually learn that he had a pretty fucked up childhood and is clearly not mentally stable.
    Oh and who mentioned story in pokemon? This thread didn't say "your favourite story in a game", it just said "favourite game"

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 02:00 AM ----------

Where as Mr. Mire, Magnemite, Magneton, Jynx, Voltorb and Electrode were just amazing....
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-07-07 at 02:03 AM.

Deleted
    Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance

God, I loved that game so much.

Good thing that was Skel's opinion, and not yours, right?

Also, the Pokemon design was pretty good, minus Vanilluxe, but you know, Gen 1 wasn't perfect either.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    [img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110228031435/pokemon/images/thumb/d/d8/Yabukuron.png/200px-Yabukuron.png[img]
    Trubbish is at least kind of cute. Garbodor looks like shit.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post

1) Half-life (series)
    2) Starcraft (series)
    3) Legend of Zelda (series)
    and then so so so many more

I have a lot of favorites.

Most of the 8/16-bit classics that everyone loves. I still play them.

Games that gave me an amazing experience I'll never forget:
    Thief 2: The Metal Age
    Diablo 1
    Dark Age of Camelot pre-ToA
    Unreal Tournament '99
    Gothic II
    Persona 4
    Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant
    Suikoden 2 and 5
    Xenoblade Chronicles(yes, a Wii game!)

I can't pick one favorite. Just noticed none of them are from this console generation, except for Xenoblade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adventure: Uncharted Trilogy
    FPS: Halo1
    RPG: FF12
    TPS: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy and Future Trilogy.
    MMORPG: WoW until Cata, RIFT now.
    MOBA: DoTA (on Warcraft 3) DoTA2 is getting there slowly.
    RTS: Warcraft 3
    Fighter: Mortal Kombat 9
    I'd say Warcraft 3 is my overall favourite, the amount of hours I've spend playing ranked matches, and all the different custom games is super high!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

The story isn't the only thing better about it. The gameplay is vaaaaastly superior to any other Gen. I like how you assume it was merely for the story.
    Aye the gameplay improved, but urgh I'm not a fan of the physical and special attack split (I know they did this in Gen 4 but...) I'll tell ya... Suddenly everyone wants to use physical attacks, and I've *always* been a special attacks player... Buuh