View Poll Results: Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

    31 27.43%
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

    23 20.35%
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    59 52.21%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Morrowind, because it's what I call the real RPG. And it has the best setting, I loved Dunmer cities.

    Skyrim is too simplified and streamlined.

  2. #22
    I think people who haven't played morrowind should not decide that quickly.
    Morrowind wasn't very casual friendly. You didn't have the arrow that shows everywhere you needed to go. You had to follow stars, solve a poem to find your way, you had to find your way yourself and while on the road for one quest you'd meet very strange strangers and get into new adventures so forget what you were doing in the first place. Looking for something meant a lot than finding it. Before fast travel you would set on the road wondering about what weird thing you'll get across.

    Skyrim is great, great graphics great gameplay etc. But i think, considering the market also, something like morrowind again won't come. It was just one of a kind.

  3. #23
    Oblivion. I don't like Skyrim or Morrowind.

  4. #24
    Loved em all but Morrowind is still the king imo. Especially after Dawnguard, damn was that disappointing. Maybe it's because it was the first Skyrim expansion, but comparing Dawnguard to Tribunal, it's just... Tribunal was better, in just about every way possible.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  5. #25
    if morrowind passes skyrim im buying it lol

  6. #26
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartre View Post
    I think people who haven't played morrowind should not decide that quickly.
    Morrowind wasn't very casual friendly. You didn't have the arrow that shows everywhere you needed to go. You had to follow stars, solve a poem to find your way, you had to find your way yourself and while on the road for one quest you'd meet very strange strangers and get into new adventures so forget what you were doing in the first place. Looking for something meant a lot than finding it. Before fast travel you would set on the road wondering about what weird thing you'll get across.

    Skyrim is great, great graphics great gameplay etc. But i think, considering the market also, something like morrowind again won't come. It was just one of a kind.
    That's true... It was pretty brutal hah, but nothing compared to Daggerfall heh.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartre View Post
    Skyrim is great, great graphics great gameplay etc. But i think, considering the market also, something like morrowind again won't come. It was just one of a kind.
    Eh, yes and no. Probably not from Bethesda, and probably not in the form of a massive big-budget super-triple-A title. But games like Witcher 2 and Dark Souls have definitely proven that there is a market for harder games in which you have to figure out more or less everything by yourself.

  8. #28
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Loved em all but Morrowind is still the king imo. Especially after Dawnguard, damn was that disappointing. Maybe it's because it was the first Skyrim expansion, but comparing Dawnguard to Tribunal, it's just... Tribunal was better, in just about every way possible.
    Knights of the Nine was also very dissappointing... Haven't tried Dawnguard yet, since it's not out on the pc, but why they chose to do some shit about vampires instead of expanding on the original storyline, or the thalmor or the you know what of the Emperor etc baffles me.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 01:14 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Eh, yes and no. Probably not from Bethesda, and probably not in the form of a massive big-budget super-triple-A title. But games like Witcher 2 and Dark Souls have definitely proven that there is a market for harder games in which you have to figure out more or less everything by yourself.
    Wouldn't call Witcher 2 hard really, I'd call the combat retarded though haha.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  9. #29
    Mechagnome Runeweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    幻想郷
    Posts
    615
    Loved Oblivion and loved Skyrim too, quit WoW for 2 weeks specifically for Skyrim ^^
    Didn't play Morrowind though since it wasn't on PS3 and didn't know about it back then, though I wouldn't go back to it even now because of it missing things which Skyrim and Oblivion contains.
    However, the Oblivion main quest was a lot better than the Skyrim main quest imo. The end of Skyrim completely lacked that which I wanted (as in a hard boss fight, not a regular dragon battle). My vote goes for Skyrim though it just contains things which I love which Oblivion did not (dual wielding etc).
    WoW
    D3
    Touhou Ranks
    Steam Profile
    3093-8064-8198
    FS: Grass

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans Porimlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,745
    Wasn't crazy about Morrowind, but I adored Oblivion and loved Skyrim.

  11. #31
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    Loved Oblivion and loved Skyrim too, quit WoW for 2 weeks specifically for Skyrim ^^
    Didn't play Morrowind though since it wasn't on PS3 and didn't know about it back then, though I wouldn't go back to it even now because of it missing things which Skyrim and Oblivion contains.
    However, the Oblivion main quest was a lot better than the Skyrim main quest imo. The end of Skyrim completely lacked that which I wanted (as in a hard boss fight, not a regular dragon battle). My vote goes for Skyrim though it just contains things which I love which Oblivion did not (dual wielding etc).
    More like Oblivion and Skyrim are missing things Morrowind contains.

  12. #32
    High Overlord MrEpiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Razirm View Post
    Oblivion worth getting ahold of?
    I enjoyed it a lot, to say the least; same with Skyrim. The best about the Elder Scrolls games are that you can do whatever you want, skip the main storyline and still have a blast playing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    "Nerf Rock. Paper is fine."
    - Scissors

  13. #33
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,398
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEpiX View Post
    I enjoyed it a lot, to say the least; same with Skyrim. The best about the Elder Scrolls games are that you can do whatever you want, skip the main storyline and still have a blast playing it.
    Oblivion is unplayable unless you mod it with Oscuro's imo.

  14. #34
    Mechagnome Runeweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    幻想郷
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    More like Oblivion and Skyrim are missing things Morrowind contains.
    I can't really say that it missed anything because I never played it. I have heard Morrowind is good from friends (also it's pretty much the whole reason it ever got popular so I'm not doubting it for a second). So I'm not saying it's bad in anyway, if anything it is probably amazing
    WoW
    D3
    Touhou Ranks
    Steam Profile
    3093-8064-8198
    FS: Grass

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oblivion is unplayable unless you mod it with Oscuro's imo.
    whats that?

  16. #36
    I've played all three games extensively. I can safely say at this point that I could go and puke all over the wall, stare at it and have a better time than I would playing Morrowind.

    Oblivion felt more alive in terms of NPC substance and their dialogue. Skyrim is still a wonderful game, though. Skyrim for me.

  17. #37
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    Loved Oblivion and loved Skyrim too, quit WoW for 2 weeks specifically for Skyrim ^^
    Didn't play Morrowind though since it wasn't on PS3 and didn't know about it back then, though I wouldn't go back to it even now because of it missing things which Skyrim and Oblivion contains.
    However, the Oblivion main quest was a lot better than the Skyrim main quest imo. The end of Skyrim completely lacked that which I wanted (as in a hard boss fight, not a regular dragon battle). My vote goes for Skyrim though it just contains things which I love which Oblivion did not (dual wielding etc).
    However dual-wielding seems pointless, it's not like you actually attack properly with them, you just switch between clicking left and right (or whatever on console)

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 01:29 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanith View Post
    whats that?
    There are A LOT of mods for Morrowind, Obli and Skyrim, they do all sorts of things to improve/change the games. I'm *guessing* that Obscuro is a graphical mod, since a lot would (perhaps) find Oblivion dated when it comes to graphic these days.

    EDIT: It isn't a graphical mod apparently, it's more along the lines of "Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul aims to make Oblivion a much more interesting, challenging, realistic, and dangerous place, and also offers great rewards for the daring adventurer regardless of your level.

    You must be prepared to cast aside your previous notions about Cyrodiil. The world no longer revolves around you, the player. Do not expect to be able to beat every monster or NPC you meet. Previously familiar areas may now be much more dangerous and you will frequently be forced to retreat from enemies who are too powerful to beat until you are stronger. You will probably die a lot more often now. However, if you have the ingenuity, skill, and luck to survive the odds stacked against you then you will be justly rewarded for your bravery!" ... Though saying it's "unplayable" without it is just pure crap.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-07-07 at 01:32 AM.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  18. #38
    Morrowind>Oblivion>Skyrim

    All are great games, but if they re-release Morrowind with a better combat system and maybe updated graphics, I probably would never play anything else.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    However dual-wielding seems pointless, it's not like you actually attack properly with them, you just switch between clicking left and right (or whatever on console)

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 01:29 AM ----------



    There are A LOT of mods for Morrowind, Obli and Skyrim, they do all sorts of things to improve/change the games. I'm *guessing* that Obscuro is a graphical mod, since a lot would (perhaps) find Oblivion dated when it comes to graphic these days.
    OR BOTH AT THE SAME TIME :O







    BTW I personally duel wield but I only usually attack with one weapon if I am not attacking at the same time :P

  20. #40
    easily morrowind.

    it was like the best rpg of its time and way bigger than everything oblivion/skyrim delivered.

    it easily quadruples the amount of gear u could find. also getting the best sets like daedric was a real task and it had those realy awkward to get weapons like bluebrand. also u could make your own spells, there was no limit to enchantments on gear ect and it had levithations, i just had so much fun with this game, dont get me wrong i love skyrim but no single player rpg ever made came close to the akward charm morrowind had also no rpg i´ve ever played gave me freedom to build up my hero like morrowind did.
    Last edited by TheTide; 2012-07-07 at 01:36 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •