Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    Like I said above, the racial antipathy is part of the lore. It's not hurting anyone and is all in good fun until somebody has to get all holier than thou and try to relate it to real life which is just ridiculous.
    Isn't that what this thread is about though? "I, a person in real life, hate the Asura because of how the devs designed them and therefore feel the need to cause them physical pain even though they're not actually real"?

Jus' sayin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not hurting anyone and is all in good fun
    Obviously you've never been kicked from groups because you play a race the developer has singled out to make fun of.

Deleted
    Punting... gnomes... that is old joke not to mention wrong game. Don't you know that now it is all about this, Oxhorn's song:

Maybe we should start making something like that about kodan... oh wait that humanoid bear looks somehow different

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Isn't that what this thread is about though? "I, a person in real life, hate the Asura because of how the devs designed them and therefore feel the need to cause them physical pain even though they're not actually real"?

Jus' sayin'.
    How many people that have replied here do you think hate the Asura in real life? I mean really hate them with a deep animosity? I'm betting it's next to none of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Obviously you've never been kicked from groups because you play a race the developer has singled out to make fun of.
    Can't say that I have but then again I rarely ever join PUGs to begin with. If I had that happen to me though, I wouldn't get bent out of shape about it because those people are obviously dipshits anyway or 12 years old. In either case, I would have been happy to avoid them.

edit: Oh and Mif, I have seen you use the term bookah here in talking to people that aren't planning on playing Asura which to Asura is a pejorative term for other races. I'm sure you didn't mean it to be insulting and you were just teasing but it's the same thing. You can't have it both ways man.
    Last edited by Osprey39; 2012-07-09 at 11:53 AM.

a short sighted whine bc frankly if the people were THAT ignorant, then they are probably not the type you want to play with. Honestly in all my time in WoW I have never seen this personally, and while I can't deny kicks for arbitrary reasons, I am positive that the players being douches had more to do with it then your race.

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: Oh and Mif, I have seen you use the term bookah
    Bookah is part of lore, as is "mouse" for charr. Using races as footballs isn't.

Bookah is part of lore, as is "mouse" for charr. Using races as footballs isn't.
    The more you argue the more i want to punt your avatar.

Well I have to admit, that is a valid point. However, 'bookah' is still just a form of in-game racism. I have no problem with either personally as long as it's just an RP element.

Regarding the mouse thing, I have only seen Charr refer to non-Charr as meat. Mouse was what Pyre called Gwen and Gwen only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    The more you argue the more i want to punt your avatar.
    The more you post the more i want to punt you. So obnoxious.
    Last edited by mmoc2b9111e302; 2012-07-09 at 12:40 PM.

So let me get this straight because I am confused. RP discrimination is only allowed when fully supported by lore, aka bookah. That is quite the double standard there. You can talk crap but no one else can?

You must be a Norn or a Charr with that way of thinking!
    Asura are so smart your just jealous

Deleted
    My first act as a Charr engineer: Asura cannon.

Let's put them to use.

Deleted
    shaddap nerds and enjoy the goddamn game

Why punt the Asura when you can just leave them to the Elder Dragons and their minions?

Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Come on, stop getting upset, it's a bit of fun.

In-game 'racism' has always been a thing. Asura are the most racist people you meet in GW that you don't fight, it's just a bit of fun to poke back at them. Nobody's discriminating against you IRL, it's just fun to punt an obnoxious little git which, let's be honest, 90% of the Asura you meet in GW are.

I was thinking about this thread at work today and I decided I am going to make a Norn warrior named Shane Lechler. Who's Shane Lechler you ask? From the first paragraph of his wikipedia page:

Edward Shane Lechler[1] (/ˈlɛklər/; born August 7, 1976) is an American football punter who currently plays for the Oakland Raiders in the National Football League. Lechler played college football for Texas A&M from 1996 to 1999. In the NFL, Lechler has been named an All-Pro nine times during his career. He is currently the NFL's all-time leader in career punting average.

I was thinking about this thread at work today and I decided I am going to make a Norn warrior named Shane Lechler. Who's Shane Lechler you ask? From the first paragraph of his wikipedia page:

Edward Shane Lechler[1] (/ˈlɛklər/; born August 7, 1976) is an American football punter who currently plays for the Oakland Raiders in the National Football League. Lechler played college football for Texas A&M from 1996 to 1999. In the NFL, Lechler has been named an All-Pro nine times during his career. He is currently the NFL's all-time leader in career punting average.

That sir is just brilliant.

My avatar is changed until such a time that the thin skinned asura are PROUD to be mistaken as a gnome. Why, because he isn't A gnome. He is David THE Gnome. Know your place.