Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Thinking of coming back

Hi all, so i'm thinking of coming back to Rift, maybe with a friend too.

I played in beta quite a lot, and played the actual release for a few days. Just got a few questions :P

Is there a LFG now? I saw it in a thread but wasn't too sure.
    I don't think i want to raid, is there a lot to do besides raiding?
    I heard the servers recently got merged, are the servers populated well now then? (I'll most likely be on the PvP realm)
    Is this conquest thing i'm hearing about any good? Is it just like WvWvW from GW2?
    Are any of the PvP classes overpowered?

I can't think of any other question of the top of my head but anything you might like to add that will sell me on the idea would be great :P

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-07-06 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    There are more to do outside raiding combared to "the other side of the moon"

I am not an expert on the matter, since i am new player myself, but there have been many detailed replies on the matter from experienced "Rift" players.
    There is an LFG for Dungeons
    The server i am in, is overpopulated (Icewatch Europe) Other are either medium or low, with few exceptions, but their capacity seems to have been increased, so "medium" doesnt mean "empty".

I am sure that you will find plenty of things to do and that you will enjoy your game time.
    At least i am, at my own very relaxed personal pace, while trying to finish the content (with my guild), in the other side of the moon and talk people, in my little "oxygen bubble" into following me to Rift!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post

I played in beta quite a lot, and played the actual release for a few days. Just got a few questions :P

Yep, though leveling up you may not find as many people doing it. But with mentoring its hard to say.
    There is a ton of stuff to do besides raiding. Chronicles, Instant Adventures, PVP, Raid Rifts, there is even a Outdoor Open World Raid in Ember Isle called Dormant Core.
    I heard the servers recently got merged, are the servers populated well now then? (I'll most likely be on the PvP realm)
    In EU yes, in NA not yet. EU's most populated server by far is Icewatch. NA there are several. Wolfsbane is the highest but Deepwood and Seastone (pvp) are also high. In EU the pvp server of note is BloodIron
    Is this conquest thing i'm hearing about any good? Is it just like WvWvW from GW2?
    Its not like WvsW. Its not a RVR style map, its more like a instanced version of Open World pvp. Its got a ton of objectives and matches are long. There are lots of people. They have been working on it and it ands its gotten a lot better. It still needs a couple of changes, but Trion is extremely good about responding to problems. Also along with Conquest, bolstering in pvp now goes up to rank 36 out of 50 so it means you won't get owned in pvp if you are a decently skilled player.
    I personally don't think so. In terms of dps I think clerics are underpowered. Inquis is ok but other than that Clerics aren't that great for dps. Warriors are extremely nasty, Rogues are extremely nasty and so are mages. Its more about finding the right soul combination. Not every soul is viable in pvp but there are usually several viable options per class and as always skill makes a huge difference.

I can't think of any other question of the top of my head but anything you might like to add that will sell me on the idea would be great :P

Thanks in advance!
    This will probably bring up a whole host of new questions haha, but fire away.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    There are more to do outside raiding combared to "the other side of the moon"

I am not an expert on the matter, since i am new player myself, but there have been many detailed replies on the matter from experienced "Rift" players.
    There is an LFG for Dungeons
    The server i am in, is overpopulated (Icewatch Europe) Other are either medium or low, with few exceptions, but their capacity seems to have been increased, so "medium" doesnt mean "empty".

I am sure that you will find plenty of things to do and that you will enjoy your game time.
    At least i am, at my own very relaxed personal pace, while trying to finish the content (with my guild), in the other side of the moon and talk people, in my little "oxygen bubble" into following me to Rift!
    In europe even low servers can be crowded now, Bloodiron is FAR from a dead server and I don't think it has peaked medium since the server upgrade. Icewatch is just mental.
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies guys, payed for a month subscription and running about with my mate. Seems pretty fun, has exp needed been lowered or anything? Seem to be leveling quick haha, not used our 100% exp potions yet either.

I just subbed as well and find the xp gain pretty fast but I hear it slows down a fair bit after 30.

It does a bit, but between XP pots and Instant Adventures it's a lot quicker than it used to be. I just burnt through 35 -> 40 on my warrior today by doing IAs, took about 45mins per level I would say with an XP vial.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can level all the way with instant advnetures and pvp since 1.9 i havnt completed one quest bar the summer dailys
    and the plat gain is ungodly even with a low level character
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

On my trial account you can literally cap out on plat (5 plat) in about 1 and a half instant adventures.

Deleted
    There are fewer and fewer players in Rift, I think the only problem is here. This is an awesome game, really fun, with some new content added regularly.
    LFG is here and really easy to use.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, there is. Seems the queue gets shorter the higher level you get. A lot of people seem to prefer doing Instant Adventures at the level all my toons are. Mainly because the XP is really good and you can get some good loot (I've been even getting blues and purples dropping on my level 23 mage).

I think so. There is all of Ember Isle, PvP, Rifts, World Events, Seasonal Events...plus more I'm sure, I'm quasi-new so there will probably be someone who can answer better than me. I'm not much of a raider either (locking me down to a particular raid time is imposibrrru)

I'm on Wolfsbane and its PACKED a lot of the time. I can do IA till around 1am or 2am PST and rarely get a small group.

dunno, not 50 yet on this account (and lost the email for the old account)

My pyro/lock/chlor mage feels OP...till he goes up against a ranger that knows what he's doing. Then its a close fight 1v1. Pretty funny to have the other team get mad and put a number on me to focus me down instead of focusing on objectives.

Overall I think its a good time to come back for people. There is a lot to do and a lot going on and with the expac around the corner its a good time to get back into the swing of things. Also, with IA in place its a great time to level a toon (its REALLY fast now) and get some cool achieves along the way.

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 10:58 PM ----------

Thanks for the replies guys, payed for a month subscription and running about with my mate. Seems pretty fun, has exp needed been lowered or anything? Seem to be leveling quick haha, not used our 100% exp potions yet either.
    do'h...wish i'd seen this before my reply...haha.

i haven't used any xp pots either...saving those for the level 40's IA in case they start to take longer.

Really the major selling point for me on Rift is that there IS so many things to do outside of raiding. I literally resubbed on the 4th and logged on and within 15 minutes I realized that I actually enjoy the GAME, even if I'm not raiding; I have so many things to do: Epic Quest (made easier now with mentoring, no queuing as a 50 for a lowbie dungeon), Water Saga, chronicles, EI saga, IAs, zone events, raid/expert rifts, WFs and Conquest if I want to go that route, and of course actual raiding if I want to start with that. I compare that to WoW with "raid or die" and even the beta feeling boring, and it's like night and day.

Glad you decided to come back. Hope you enjoy I know I am.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds awesome then, feels pretty awesome too.

This Instant Adventure thing is it for all levels and how do you join it?

Edit - Nevermind worked it out :P
    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-07-07 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks in advance!
    1. Yes to LFG. It's cross-shard too.
    2. Yes, Chronicles (2man dungeons), Experts, Master Modes, Instant Adventures, Zone Invasions, Ember Isle, Onslaughts, I'm sure there's more, but there's just so much to do for non-raiders.
    3. Like others have said, EU got merged, NA has ~8 well populated shards. Wolfsbane, Faeblight, Deepwood, Seastone, Laethys, Greybriar, Gnarlwood and Threesprings. For PvP the only NA realm of note is Seastone.
    4. Conquest is like old school AV if you played WoW Vanilla.
    5. Not...unbearably overpowered. It's not all in perfect balance like WoW's, but it's also not balanced for Arenas, so yeah....

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, i've been doing a lot of instant adventures but i have a question.

If i do an Instant Adventure in Silverwood for an hour and then do them in Gloamwood for an hour, even though gloamwood is higher level will i still get the same amount of experience in both of them? Or would the higher level one give more?

Ok, i've been doing a lot of instant adventures but i have a question.

If i do an Instant Adventure in Silverwood for an hour and then do them in Gloamwood for an hour, even though gloamwood is higher level will i still get the same amount of experience in both of them? Or would the higher level one give more?
    XP rewards are as far as I know calculated as a % of your level. So if while doing L12 IAs in Silverwood you kill something worth 1.2% of a L12 players XP, then you earn 1.2% of your actual level's XP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, so potentially i could just do silverwood for ever?

Sweet, so potentially i could just do silverwood for ever?
    Yup, though it would be pretty dull. IAs are a great idea, but repetitive. Over time Trion will add more variety to the quests and get better at making them interesting and fun, but for now I recommend just queuing Random, both for the extra rewards (XP + Item rewards) and for your sanity's sake

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweet thanks for the replies dude

Another question though haha, do gold rewards from the Instant Adventures get higher as you get higher level?

Sweet thanks for the replies dude

Another question though haha, do gold rewards from the Instant Adventures get higher as you get higher level?
    Yes, although at the moment they are flat rewards regardless of level until they can fix a bug where you were getting every possible cash reward for every level (12->50), which is obviously a lot more money than intended

But in future the rewards increase with level yes.