More incline of EU! :O

With the recent news about EU stating no no to ACTA and giving more customer rights back to customer with digital product, EU seems to be hellbent on making more good impressions to the internet population of it's area.

Today morning in finnish paper Aamulehti, it says roughly this: (mind it's ran through Google translate with small fixes of my own)

EU Commission proposes the remake of the data protection rules for the Union. These rules should include the so-called right to be forgotten. This means that the user can require a network companies remove all of the information concerning them, if their record has no longer a legitimate reason.

Also the usage of personal information requires a explicit consent of the person. Personal data consists of all the individual data, regardless of whether it is about the private life, professional or public life. They can be names, photos, email addresses, bank account or medical records or social media articles or comments.

It is also proposed that companies and organizations to inform the national data protection authorities of serious security breaches as soon as possible, preferably within a day.

The current EU data protection rules are for 1995, and different countries have taken them along in a different way.
    http://www.aamulehti.fi/Ulkomaat/119...ohdetuksi.html

So not only would they be required to make it extremely clear what the sites rules are about (For example Facebook would have to come out very straight what they can do with the data you put up instead of pages of EULA TOS mumbo jumbo stuff where stuff are hidden) but now the person has real chance to get rid of his information in the interwebs, which many of the social sites have not really done thus far.

Also the second bit about companies and stuff would help a lot in the cases like Sony and other security breaches because lot of them have been known to withold information for quite long periods of time.

Surprisingly good time to live in EU if you ignore all that economical crap :O
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    I love the freedoms we have now, feels good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    With the recent news about EU stating no no to ACTA and giving more customer rights back to customer with digital product, EU seems to be hellbent on making more good impressions to the internet population of it's area.

Today morning in finnish paper Aamulehti, it says roughly this: (mind it's ran through Google translate with small fixes of my own)

http://www.aamulehti.fi/Ulkomaat/119...ohdetuksi.html

So not only would they be required to make it extremely clear what the sites rules are about (For example Facebook would have to come out very straight what they can do with the data you put up instead of pages of EULA TOS mumbo jumbo stuff where stuff are hidden) but now the person has real chance to get rid of his information in the interwebs, which many of the social sites have not really done thus far.

Also the second bit about companies and stuff would help a lot in the cases like Sony and other security breaches because lot of them have been known to withold information for quite long periods of time.

Surprisingly good time to live in EU if you ignore all that economical crap :O
    Seems Europe is becomming the "land of the free". Which is great, after all, all information about YOU should be your property to decide to do as you wish with. I hope this is passed. Kudos to the Commission!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Seems Europe is becomming the "land of the free". Which is great, after all, all information about YOU should be your property to decide to do as you wish with. I hope this is passed. Kudos to the Commission!
    They could lay off the multicultural fascism. But this is indeed a step in the right direction and I'm happy with it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Egoist View Post
    They could lay off the multicultural fascism. But this is indeed a step in the right direction and I'm happy with it..
    I wonder when Americans will realise "American freedom" is... well, a pile of shit, pardon my language, and that Europeans have far more rights than them. ^^

Deleted
    It's good to live in Europe.

Deleted
    We're the land of the free alright... but as soon as a white person says anything racist you get arrested and either thrown in jail or a huge fine.
    (And no, i'm not racist but it does happen.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with you there.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

No, they should not.

How about you get all of the gypsies, asylum seekers, moslems, refugees to your country then? If you don't care about it, deal with them.

It's far more problematic than you think.