Deleted

Discussion - Gameplay idea

This is a friendly discussion and suggestion area not read the post and complain to STFU, just makes you look a incapable mongo.
    I've seen recently a lot posts about how content isn't that special with the nerfs. AND NO, THIS ISN'T ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT 8/8 DS HEROIC IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF NERF-HAMMER, but, it has made me think about a lot of things that could help.

To me there are 3 groups of people:
    Casuals - people who run dungeons and run LFR, similar features and generally don't play for the full amount of payment.
    Average - people who raid normal and in need of nerfs in order to clear content. These people also spend time doing other things like achievements as they wait for set raiding times.
    Hardcore - people who raid regularly and need no to little nerfs in order to clear content in favourable time.
    These are subjective and loose, ignoring a lot of factors but it captures the essences of these groups.
    The point of me stating this is because if I refer to these groups, these are the types of people I am refering to.

To cut to the chase, I've been thinking they should bring back certain elements they had before in the game that now sadly, has been taken out for some reason or another. The reasons why I suggest this is to make all groups happy and make the game similar to how it was with it hard and fun, knowing your limits and striving to better them.

1. Tier 0.5
    Remember Stratholme and Scholomance? Tier 0.5 was it's nickname so to speak, to the sets that appeared here. I think potentially these we're more interesting than searching for 15 different dungeons to get the best pre-raid gear and these sets would probably better with the ability to reforge (if allowed at that ilvl). You could even put this in LFR if it could fit there though it's probably weird and this would throw out the point of LFR but recall TBC you had to go through all tiers to get a good chance at SWP.
    I know Challenge Modes are in MOP but they aren't the same, stated here.

2.Titles e.g. Death's Demise, the Celestial Defender and so on
    In Wrath of the Lich King, they had titles for realm first's and still are prestigious. Who doesn't raise an eyebrow to an Obsidian Slayer or Magic Seeker? Hard bosses were hard and these were definite signs of pre-nerf killers. To me, this would help the Hardcore players feel "special" and keep the competitive focus back to realms. There's too much coverage on guilds like 'Method' and 'Blood Legion' who most of the time aren't even on the same servers to be in awe of that player like older expansions.

3. Hard-modes not Heroic difficulty
    Ulduar has probably been shouted around all over the place, how the hard-modes were actually hard and activated by special means.
    Now Blizzard expressed that they didn't want heroic mode like Mimiron and his button, but let's review that. Once you pushed that button all hell broke loose, bombs, fires, adds, the boss himself in 3 different stages kicking ass and taking names.
    To prove my point of hard bosses and no heroic difficulty, Algalon. He was a tank killer with his melee attacks and let's not talk about Big Bang.

3b. Hard-mode loot
    On top of this Ulduar hard-modes gave unique loot with higher ilvl (anyone for Aesir's Edge?) and gave a different way of playing a boss rather than more health and damage, even turn bosses the other way round. To see someone or even have an item like that yourself is probably worth the challenge.

Just reading back it does lend toward Hardcore raiding but it's more to add depth to each group and I don't mean to remove nerfs but to be along side this. Every content gets nerfed by the means of a new expansion but I wouldn't want to wait an entire year or two to see the content and top of that so nerfed, you walk over the mechanics. Like Nefarian at 85 ^^.

Anyone else have suggestions? It's for open debate, you can speak about my points and disagree but constructively. It's not a bitch on bitch thread.
    Last edited by mmoc90f0fcd79f; 2012-07-07 at 11:48 AM.