10+ Year Old Account

First GTA V Footage?

Okay so I stumbled upon these two videos today:

They are too polished to be someone's fake work and kinda look like alpha footage of tests ingame to me.
    What do you think?
    Oh delicious muffins, I bow thee!

Deleted
    Not sure if they are real but going by the comments on Youtube (yeah I know :P) alot of people are claiming fakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they just spam fake on everything that isn't confirmed by a game company.. remember first Wotlk F&F Alpha footage? "private server" "fake" etc. :P

Deleted
    Looks extremely fake, especially if you compare to the trailer they released. (And, to be honest, it looks nothing like GTA.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty unconvincing to me, but you never know. The official trailer looks a lot further along than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the official trailer must be polished, ofc, or it wouldn't impress or hype anyone.. and this looks like basic early testing :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Old, fake and should be obviously so for anyone who has paid attention to the series.

Unfortunately people are extremely gullible and believe anything they see on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played the games, what's so obviously fake about the video? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Fake or not, the graphics seem nice...

Not bad, could be gta 5, but This isnt the first gta 5 footage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Not bad, could be gta 5, but This isnt the first gta 5 footage.
    Apart from the trailer, which is.. well, trailer, it kinda is :P

10+ Year Old Account
    looks legit to me. Obviously if it is real it's VERY early testing.

Its fake guys, its old gameplay from a game that was canceled. Cant remember the name of the gamet though, ill search for it...

Found it, the game is called Eight Days
    Last edited by Phrase; 2012-07-07 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Found the game

I would say fake, just based on the colors of the (assumed) health/armor bars around the minimap... Also for the fact that Smoke was killed at the end of GTA:SA.

Quote Originally Posted by metalman71589 View Post
    I would say fake, just based on the colors of the (assumed) health/armor bars around the minimap... Also for the fact that Smoke was killed at the end of GTA:SA.
    Not to mention the fact that he never had a house out in the hills. I also call fake based on that. Well, that and the fact that the road in the second video is too tight and difficult to maneuver.

As for the polish of the trailer, it's more likely that none of that trailer was in game footage as opposed to rendered footage from cutscenes throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deliria View Post
    Apart from the trailer, which is.. well, trailer, it kinda is :P
    It still featured gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliria View Post
    I've played the games, what's so obviously fake about the video? :P
    I didn't say played, I said paid attention. These are just more videos where people seeking attention slap GTA or a bogus overlay with GTA:SA's font on it and try to sell it as legit. People have been doing this with Eight Days, a cancelled PS3 game. This isn't 8 Days but a 3D animation that this person made themselves just as they did with that iPhone 5 video, if it was legitimate it would have been taken down ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Not to mention the fact that he never had a house out in the hills. I also call fake based on that. Well, that and the fact that the road in the second video is too tight and difficult to maneuver.

As for the polish of the trailer, it's more likely that none of that trailer was in game footage as opposed to rendered footage from cutscenes throughout the game.
    Or that GTAV does not share the same universe as GTAIII, just as IV didn't.

The trailer was totally in game footage/assets obviously they animate stuff to get the shots they want. That said, it wouldn't be hard for them to have enough areas far enough along to do it given how little we saw, the game has been in development for a good amount time before we even saw the trailer. That said, of course there were shots there that were probably from cut scenes but still all that stuff is done in game. Building the city/environment to an extent is the easy part.
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 2012-07-08 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    Even if this is a fake the shitty cameraview made me relive the GTA4 horrors, god I hope they fix that in 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ft-auto-v.html

One of the questions includes a link to the van video and Rockstar responds.

GTAIV certainly had its problems personally it would have been so much better if the driving physics didn't suck so much, the damn car camera has been driving me nuts since GTA:SA, IV's was worse with it IMO being too low behind cars, even with camera furthest out, not counting the action camera of course..