Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are Moonkins going to be the new Ret Paladins of MoP?

I'm specifically referring to the obscene amount of cooldowns we seem to be gaining access to.

Celestial Alignment 3 Minute Cooldown

Incarnation 3 Minute Cooldown

Nature's Vigil 3 Minute Cooldown

and for Trolls

Berserking 3 Minute Cooldown

All of them 3 minute cooldowns. So basically every 3 minutes we're going to be able to lay waste to whatever we happen to be attacking at the moment.

While this does sound like it'll be fun to pop all these and watch the stars fly (literally) I wonder if this will be too much. I don't want to see any of our cooldowns nerfed because of their ability to be used together.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-07-10 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    Thought same yesterday and made fun of it, but you forgot symbiosis

Well Ret paladins only have two main cooldowns that are used to together and guardian of kings that has a 5minute cooldown so Ret paladins really aren't a cooldowns heavy class. If you're making a comparison to the burst capability of moonkin to ret then yeah moonkin burst has always been pretty high to begin with if you start in an eclipse so i can see moonkin burst skyrocketing.

What i don't want to happen is that moonkin starts relying on cooldowns to do good DPS because the damage increase from those spells combined is pretty insane but i definitely think those cooldowns were needed because in current treants is so bad its horrendous.

I hate cooldown management - I think I will reroll.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Your avatar will haunt my dreams... thanks XD

Blizzard seems to be making a lot more classes into cooldown dependent hard hitting classes. I hate it, they hate it, they've made active efforts in moving away from such a design among other classes. Why they're now giving it to other classes like locks, druids, warriors and shaman is just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    So you're going to quit a class because its getting damage increasing cooldowns when it never had it before? How is managing cooldowns any more complicated then managing natures grace/eclipse/ and in some cases shroom placement?

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    So you're going to quit a class because its getting damage increasing cooldowns when it never had it before? How is managing cooldowns any more complicated then managing natures grace/eclipse/ and in some cases shroom placement?
    It makes stuff more complicated. Sure, you can fire the cooldown whenever it's ready but to play optimal you have to time them with grace/eclipse... fuck that. I want to look on the screen and see and enjoy the game and not stare at cooldown timers for "optimal performance". I like when classes have a "flow". When doing damage is like a dance. Cooldowns are like a full stop in that dance.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    let´s reroll RP or Pokemonranger

10+ Year Old Account
    and everyone and everything died that day. The only one that survived was a lone boomkin who accidentally pressed the one button on his bars he feared the most ... the burst macro.

Deleted
    Inb4 rabid fanboys and swifty moonkin oneshot macro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    yes cause they gonna be op with cd's up and utter shit with cd's down, like ret palas now

Surely you're just going to be blowing all three cooldowns at the same time or shortly after each other in PvE for most fights. Being that they're all on a 3m cooldown it's really going to be no different from Treant or on-use Trinket management.

Most of the time I imagine anyway. I'm probably completely wrong, I haven't really been looking into anything rotation wise and won't until things are finalised.
    Last edited by Rodpad; 2012-07-07 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Defang View Post
    I'm specifically referring to the obscene amount of cooldowns we seem to be gaining access to.

Celestial Alignment 3 Minute Cooldown

Incarnation 3 Minute Cooldown
    Will these 2 work together?

Celestial Alignment: Grants you the simultaneous damage benefit of both your Lunar Eclipse and Solar Eclipse
    But!
    Activating this ability consumes all Lunar and Solar Energy and prevents gaining more during its duration.

Will you stay in Ecplise?

Incarnation:
    Balance: Chosen of Elune
    Improved Moonkin Form that gains 25% increased Arcane and Nature damage while Eclipse is active.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Will these 2 work together?

Celestial Alignment: Grants you the simultaneous damage benefit of both your Lunar Eclipse and Solar Eclipse
    But!
    Activating this ability consumes all Lunar and Solar Energy and prevents gaining more during its duration.

Will you stay in Ecplise?

Incarnation:
    Balance: Chosen of Elune
    Improved Moonkin Form that gains 25% increased Arcane and Nature damage while Eclipse is active.
    Celestial Alignment and Incarnation not just work together, they only work toghether since you cannot benefit the 30 sec duration of Incarnation without CA. Think about the 2 as 1 cd. Enter Eclipse, use Inc. when you finish Eclipse use CA immediatelly. The way you are supposed to use them.

if you decide to go with that build, then yes.

on the other hand if you decide to go with passive damage increases, then no.

damn thinking is hard

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    if you decide to go with that build, then yes.

on the other hand if you decide to go with passive damage increases, then no.

damn thinking is hard
    Well I guess it depends on how all the fights are and how good the passive talents are. We often see fights that have moments of lots of needed burst, so I think having these cooldowns are pretty neat.

I just wonder how this will pan out in PvP. I mean combine all that with starfall and a trinket and your looking at some pretty mean starsurges and wraths.

Yay! 3 minute Mages all over again!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Defang View Post
    Well I guess it depends on how all the fights are and how good the passive talents are. We often see fights that have moments of lots of needed burst, so I think having these cooldowns are pretty neat.

I just wonder how this will pan out in PvP. I mean combine all that with starfall and a trinket and your looking at some pretty mean starsurges and wraths.
    Thinking how the fight goes with different talents is part of the deciding process.

as for pvp its comp dependant, and thats part of the deciding process also.
    e.g you can go with a "all in" tactic, aka just pop everything and hope something dies OR you can play with a "frost mage" style burst comp with the Dream of Cenarius talent and burst down after a cyclone etc with FE'd and DoC'd starfire+instant starsurge OR you can play the "Dot drain" style and just max passive damage + survivability with Heart of the Wild.

I suppose this may result in some balance,balance,balance teams... Hehehehe

How would that not be cool? Come on!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.