• Solid Snake

25 36.76%
  • Voldemort

43 63.24%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MMO-Champion Sub-Ultimate Showdown Round 1: Solid Snake vs. Voldemort

Find the discussion thread Here

"Solid Snake (real name David, commonly referred to as Snake, and later referred to as Old Snake), was a former spy, special operations soldier and mercenary. He was a product of the Les Enfants Terribles project and "son" of legendary soldier, Big Boss, along with his "brothers" Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake.

Possessing an IQ of 180 and fluent in six languages, including English and French, he was known as "the man who makes the impossible possible" and his exploits made him into a living legend among the military black ops. Initially a Green Beret, Snake was later inducted into High-Tech Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND in the mid-1990s while it was under the leadership of Big Boss. Repeatedly tasked with disarming and destroying the latest incarnation of Metal Gear, a bipedal nuclear weapon-armed mecha, Snake would thrice avert potential nuclear catastrophe, becoming a famed war hero." - http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Solid_Snake

Vs.

"Lord Voldemort was generally considered to be the most dangerous Dark Wizard who had ever existed and proved himself capable of holding his own well even against an Elder Wand-wielding Albus Dumbledore. Voldemort claimed he had experimented and pushed the boundaries of magic farther than they had ever been pushed. Albus Dumbledore himself also stated that Voldemort's knowledge of magic was more extensive than any wizard alive, and that even his most powerful protective spells and charms were unlikely to be effective if Voldemort returned to full power. This, coupled with his apparent lack of morals make him a very dangerous adversary indeed. Voldemort has shown the ability to contain spells and release them in a blast that resembles a shock wave. Young Tom Marvolo Riddle utilised magic without the use of a wand or even knowing the very existence of magic itself. He had a power to communicate with and control animals, and inflict harm on those who opposed or annoyed him. His unnaturally high level of control marks him a prodigy even as a child."

Gun > Magic. Snake wins because he just shoots the ugly guy before he can do anything.

Doesn't Voldemort win on technicality, due to having some kind of functional immortality?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Doesn't Voldemort win on technicality, due to having some kind of functional immortality?
    His body still dies. He wouldn't be able to do much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snake has taken out numerous magical people, he'd easily find a way to kill Voldemort, especially since he's not immortal anyway.

Not to mention he'd probably be able to sneak up on the guy too

I'm sure Snake would think of something. He's taken on giant nuclear robots and a few magical people, I'm sure he could handle a (powerful) wizard.
    Most of the magic can probably be avoided, especially if there's places to hide. And if there's places to hide, Snake could probably sneak up on Voldy. I don't think even Voldemort could survive being shot in the face. That's assuming we're not counting his horcruxes in this battle.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-07-08 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    His body still dies. He wouldn't be able to do much.
    Good enough for me!

Voldemort could use any number of conventional spells to directly kill Snake, period. He'd just lose in open combat. I also think Voldemort could use protective spells to keep Snake from sneaking up on him or shooting him. If you include the horcruxes, then Voldemort will pretty much eventually win. Even if it is just by outliving Snake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voldemort can apparate at will, alternate the realms of reality with his wand, possess people, and I think he can stop a muggle wand with no problem. I think Voldy has this.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Voldemort hast to say a spell to shoot. Snake yust has to pull the trigger.

Put themm in a western and Snake takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Voldemort hast to say a spell to shoot. Snake yust has to pull the trigger.

Put themm in a western and Snake takes the cake.
    Voldemort doesnt have to say a spell to shoot. He can think it and fire it almost instantly.
    He only says it in the movies because when he personally attacks someone its supposed to be overly dramatic. During the more action oriented sequences hes firing off Avada Kedavra's like crazy.
    Last edited by pickley; 2012-07-08 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    Voldemort can talk to snakes.

I'm sure they can work something out peacefully.

Keep voting you have till friday for this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Keep voting you have till friday for this thread.
    "Kill yourself"
    "OK"

10+ Year Old Account
    Good enough for me!
    And then Voldy comes back a few years later and finishes the job when Snake doesn't expect it.

No good.
    Putin khuliyo

Voldemort,

Legilimens (Legilimency Spell)

Legilimens
    Added by Mario142369
    Pronunciation: Le-JIL-ih-mens
    Description: Allows the caster to delve into the mind of the victim, allowing the caster to see the memories, thoughts, and emotions of the victim.
    Seen/Mentioned: Used by Severus Snape on Harry after he had a dream about Arthur Weasley being attacked by Nagini in 1995. Also during Occlumency lessons in 1996. Also used non-verbally by Snape on Harry in 1997 to allow him to see where Harry had learned the Sectumsempra spell.
    Etymology: Latin legere ("to read") and mens ("mind").

Voldemort would just use this until he was begging for death, and then finally kill him.

Also the gun argument against Voldemort, I can't help but Lol. Voldemort would just disarm his ass or dissipate himself into dust.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-07-09 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    And then Voldy comes back a few years later and finishes the job when Snake doesn't expect it.

No good.
    oh please. Snake has taken on numerous giant robots and wizards and is constantly on alert. He's a secret agent. Do you seriously think some random wizard is going to just sneak up on HIM of all people when he doesn't expect it? Voldemort has nothing on Snake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snake wins. Voldemort may be good in Wizardry but his body can't defy bullets :P

I voted snake, because cardboard boxes will never be defeated especially by the likes of Voldermort!

Seriously though, a bullet will put the jealous nose-less Voldermort out of his misery. And all those carnations that come back.