Thread: ebay! oooh ya!

ebay! oooh ya!

Ok ive read a little but let me get this right QUESTION FOR PEOPLE THAT USE EBAY =D so there is this comp for 1,000.00 on ebay but i have 600 on my card till the next week when ill have 1k on my card and it has the ez pay option....you can BUY the computer and have it shipped and stuff and pay when you want? up to the 6 month thing before you get late fees or whatever?

sound bout right? cause i hate waitin lol and this comp is making me drool =/

Should link the comp so we can see if you're getting a fair price. I don't know about your question though.

Pretty much. It'll screw you over if you somehow don't get the money in time so be sure you'll actually be getting paid. Also, would help if you linked the specs so we can let you know if it's even worth it/pure curiosity (90% curiosity).
    New and shiny compppppp!

yep got a job so i wouldnt even think about doin ezpay if i didnt have one =D

AMD 64 CPU AM3/AM3+ : AMD FX-8150 Bulldozer 3.6GHz (Eight Core) 32nm, AM3+ 8MB Cache
    AMD 64 CPU Fans : Spire Kestrel-King II AMD 64 fan
    AMD 64 AM3/ AM3+ Motherboards : ASRock 870iCafe R2.0 AM3+, AMD 870, Cross Fire, SATA3, GB LAN
    DDR3 Dual Channel memory : 16GB (4x4GB) PC10600 DDR3 1333 Dual Channel
    PCI-Express Video cards : AMD CrossFire Radeon HD 6570 1GB x2 PCI Express 16x, HDMI (2 cards)
    Hard Drives : 1000.0 GB Hitachi Deskstar CoolSpin SATA2 UDMA 300 8m cache
    DVD Recorders : LG 22x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW
    Sound Cards : Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1
    Network Cards : Ethernet network adapter (onboard)
    Cases : Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition , White and Black , front USB 3.0 & eSATA
    Power Supply : Logisys 600W ATX Power Supply, SLI & X-fire ready
    Operating Systems : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit DVD w/SP1 & Win 8 Pro Upgrade offer

PRICE 1,265 its my custom specs i made for the computer i got the thermaltake case just cause its cool and i actually have the money to get a badass computer lol

You can build something much cheaper, especially with a cheaper tower (that tower is not worth the money at all especially for what's inside). for about 600-700 bucks.

Also, don't get a 32 bit OS. If you're getting 16gb and a 32 bit OS, you'll only be able to use 4 gigs max.
    Last edited by Icpie; 2012-07-08 at 03:16 AM.
    New and shiny compppppp!

oh snap thanks! ok i updated it a little and ya.....i figured id stick with the antec case

AMD 64 CPU AM3/AM3+ : AMD FX-8120 Bulldozer 3.1GHz (Eight Core) 32nm, AM3+ 8MB Cache
    AMD 64 CPU Fans : Spire Kestrel-King II AMD 64 fan
    AMD 64 AM3/ AM3+ Motherboards : ASRock 870iCafe R2.0 AM3+, AMD 870, Cross Fire, SATA3, GB LAN
    DDR3 Dual Channel memory : 16GB (4x4GB) PC10600 DDR3 1333 Dual Channel
    PCI-Express Video cards : AMD CrossFire Radeon HD 6570 1GB x2 PCI Express 16x, HDMI (2 cards)
    Hard Drives : 1000.0 GB Hitachi Deskstar CoolSpin SATA2 UDMA 300 8m cache
    DVD Recorders : LG 22x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW
    Sound Cards : Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1
    Network Cards : Ethernet network adapter (onboard)
    Cases : Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Black Case, Full Tower,Side Window, front USB 3.0
    Power Supply : Logisys 600W ATX Power Supply, SLI & X-fire ready
    Operating Systems : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit DVD w/SP1 & Win 8 Pro Upgrade offer

check how much you are being charged for Win8 - if you are buying Win7 now, you can upgrade to W8 for only 15$, so if they charge you more they are ripping you off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I'd like to throw in: Don't get 16GB of RAM. You'll probably NEEEEEVER use that much. Get 8 and cut down on the cost a bit. Six is golden, eight is great, sixteen is overkill. You can save some money on dropping the sound card as well. I'm pretty sure all half-way decent mobo's have on-board jacks for surround sound, and the on-board sound is really good. You can't tell much of a difference really.

Are you buying this premade or part-by-part (guessing the latter)? If you are indeed doing it part-by-part, have you tried other sites to see if the cost is lower? I've never tried putting together a PC on e-Bay before. I usually stick to Newegg/Amazon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spearthis View Post
    35$ shipping makes me wanna %%%
    Gawd yeah it's cheap.

my plan is to add 3 monitors to the computer, the win 7 disk is 119.00 for the 64 bit and the reason i have a sound card is i have a 100.00 surround sound system...i can get all speakers to work but some reason i cant get the subwoofer to work so i thought mabe if i got a sound card i could get the woofer to work dunno X.X

edit and this is a prebuilt computer that im making online before i have it shipped

10+ Year Old Account
    Ide make sure you can get the credit for the 6 month no interest thing. I have great credit with enough of it and I couldnt get approved.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

10+ Year Old Account
    My family couldn't get approved for the payment plan through E-bay, so I would make sure you can even get approved first before getting set on a purchase.

ya....im prolly just gonna have to wait for a few more paychecks and pay for it in full

and does anyone know how to get the subwoofer to a cheap surround sound system to work on the computer? i prolly dont have the right cables but i could go buy it if i knew what was wrong =/

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 05:10 PM ----------

hey can i get a mod to move this topic to the computer section thanks! =D