Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Anyone who doesn't have severe mental or physical illness can be a pve hero having the latest titles and gear. In PvP? Nope. So go play PvP if you want to have a title that means something and is unique.
    Yeah, let me see your PvE achievements?

Quote Originally Posted by Nahj View Post
    The sales themselves aren't a problem? Just like doing arena personal rating carries/pilots for irl currency or mass amounts of gold?
    Exactly, it's all part of the landscape. One must be satisfied with the accomplishments in-game as the rewards themselves are transient. Challenge over reward. Use that as a mantra, and all your worries will subside.

Obviously Legendaries can't be found by doing PvP, so it's kind of the trade off imo.

On the opposite side of OP, I think they should remove Legendary items because they can't be earned through PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Lol. I enjoy my guild. I'm saying if they redid server first titles. I would want to go to a higher end guild and that would mean leaving my current server. And i don't want to do. But i would like to push server firsts
    I understand, but wouldn't that be more of a conflict of interest within your guild? Having players with ambition, and not rising to their level and accommodating them?

There are three options available to anyone in your position
    1. Convince your guild to come with you on an epic adventure of achievement and bettering themselves and their raiding.
    2. Stay with your guild and allow your dream to be quieted out and raid below your standards.
    3. Leave to a better guild and lose the social environment you once had, and gain the raiding environment you always wanted (perhaps getting a new social environment you also enjoy).

I just don't want to allow the mentality that good guilds aren't also fun guilds. It's not true

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall View Post
    Sad person who probably isnt very good in any aspect of WoW.

P.S.: I am not very good at PvP. I got Gladiator once when my class was OP. Removing these titles will ruin motivation for so many players, and Blizzard isnt stupid to do that.
    No see. what he's using is sarcasm to prove a point, how come good pvpers can get shit no one else can, but raiders cant.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removing any content is bad imo.
    There is a fine line between clever and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    How about every week/month the percentage needed for the pvp rewards get lowered? So 1% after 2 weeks, 5% after 4 weeks, so at the end everyone can get this mounts/titels?
    Or we introduce a buff in the arena that one can choose to activate(so you dont have to) which increases your damage dramatically. This will lower the skill needed in arena because at the end you may get oneshot, so its all about seeing the enemy first. But you dont have to use it, if you like the challenge of a real arena match(although the enemy team probably will use it)
    Kinda have to assume this post was tongue in cheek, but it gets the point across. How many pvp people would rage so hard about this haha. And you know it would be the same guys who say dumb fucking shit like "PVEasy" or "10 people with downs could do heroic mode raiding". They would then be the guys saying anyone who installed the game already has glad so why bother playing, we can't even epeen and put others down?

I could see the forums being so entertaining at that point haha

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Yeah, let me see your PvE achievements?
    These guys are always the one who show up to pugs (still using their fucking insignia of the Horde/Alliance) and fail at every. single. fight. while they tell the rest of people how awful they are for doing PvE content. Don't even bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    Content isn't trivialized, the Rewards are. If you cannot be satisfied with just overcoming the Challenges, instead of the Loot/Rewards/prestige you receive, you must be doing this for reasons besides the Challenge. Equating challenge to rewards leaves all of you open to the "Special Snowflake" comment.

Two weeks is not enough time for your Epeen? That has to be rough. Get it right in your minds. What is it that causes the feeling that your rewards should be unique and forever shiny? Is it so you can impress some Avatar of another player in Org/SW? That would be an embarrassing thing to discover wouldn't it?

Making the Meta mounts/titles server 1st only would anger the big raiding guilds. Their gold making systems of dragging paying customers through content would dry up, except for drops, but those aren't what make the money anyway.

In summation: Keep looking forward. Not back. TO gain prestige continue to excel, not restrict rewards from others.
    You realize that's how the world works right? Those who do this for more than the challenge, to be the best should not be made fun of, they work harder they get cooler stuff. this isn't a singler player game. you need to get over yourself.. if you enjoy the game as it is, you should give a damn if hardcores get a mount. Cause if you're just doing it for the challenge titles and mounts shouldn't matter... see what I did there?
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

If the problem is that PvP prestige is worth more than PvE prestige because it is harder to obtain....

then we should just do what Blizzard has done to PvE and let everyone on any arena team get Gladiator, since those people pay $15 a month just like rest of us, regardless of skill, time commitment, gear, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axeplay View Post
    Removing any content is bad imo.
    I don't understand why they don't nerf the shit out of the lower raids, ((and with no gear for jp)) Make the new heroics drop either the normal or heroic ilvl of the last raid.. so people can easily pug the last raid if they wish to gear up instead of heroics ((Or even make the current heroic the level of lfr so people can do that to gear up)... this is so bloody simple I dont understand
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2012-07-08 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Why can't you find a high end guild where you DO like the people? You do realize there are good people in every type of guild, progression driven or some meandering friendship group. Your stance misrepresents your statement as if you truly believe to be in a top guild you must accept the fact that you'll be playing with people you dislike.
    Short answer: because some people don't have unlimited funds to spend on server transfers, and endless time to interview for guilds like they are 6 figure jobs?

Honestly, you're way WAY more likely to be with people you dislike when progression is important to you. And way more likely to end up with a group of people that treat you like a "second class citizen" that's just filling in a hole in the roster, or sitting on the bench in case someone gets the stomach flu or a date.

I spent a good part of one year trying to find a guild who was progressing, where I also didn't feel stressed out and angry over a video game every day. And I mostly failed. (Found one GREAT guild - broke up within a month of my joining. Because the RL and GM didn't think the group was "focused enough" - basically the progression was really good, but he thought there was too much "friendliness" and not enough "motivating" - by which he openly stated that we would be more functional if we were competing with each other, and afraid of consequences.)

One of the two reasons I quit to only play LFR now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear PvP IS a competition. Last I checked, PvE wasn't (PvE)v(PvE).

Besides, regarding the people for whom PvE is actually a competition (world first guilds) they already get plenty of recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    How about every week/month the percentage needed for the pvp rewards get lowered? So 1% after 2 weeks, 5% after 4 weeks, so at the end everyone can get this mounts/titels?
    Or we introduce a buff in the arena that one can choose to activate(so you dont have to) which increases your damage dramatically. This will lower the skill needed in arena because at the end you may get oneshot, so its all about seeing the enemy first. But you dont have to use it, if you like the challenge of a real arena match(although the enemy team probably will use it)
    LFArena - the next feature to cater to the masses!!!

In all seriousness though as someone who does well in both PvE and PvP, I do feel raiding was given the shaft in the prestige department when they removed Realm First titles. As a r1 gladiator I could have not only a mount that a select few obtain and can never be obtained again but also acquire a title specific to a certain season and denoting I was THE best that season. In raiding you don't get anything like that; all of the mounts, vanity items, etc. are obtained by others - the equivalent of challengers and lower in arena - a few short months later, because content is nerfed down to their level. The least Blizz could do is reinstate Realm First titles. How fun would it be for me as a gladiator to arena against people who got a stacking buff every Tuesday/Wednesday for every week they had a losing record? Not very fun at all, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I hear PvP IS a competition. Last I checked, PvE wasn't (PvE)v(PvE).

Besides, regarding the people for whom PvE is actually a competition (world first guilds) they already get plenty of recognition.
    What about server firsts... and if you are a casual why do you care if they give firsts a title? You shouldn't.... because every one of the casual arguments is I should get to experience... how does one experience a title? Hell even remove titles the second they nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    If the problem is that PvP prestige is worth more than PvE prestige because it is harder to obtain....

then we should just do what Blizzard has done to PvE and let everyone on any arena team get Gladiator, since those people pay $15 a month just like rest of us, regardless of skill, time commitment, gear, etc.
    In PVP, you're competing against real live people, almost in a sporting enviornment.

In PVE, you're playing against the computer.

Some people take "realm firsts" and such very seriously, but ultimately they are very different.

And by the time people can pug raids and get titles/mounts, the "elites" have moved on to new and better mounts and titles. Who cares about the old ones?

Blizzard wont do it.
    Most of the top PvP players would quit (implying that they already haven't) and I bet Blizzard wont make that mistake now that GW2 is coming soon with their great focus on PvP.

Or could be that PvE already has enough titles and items you can get.
    Hi

Deleted
    If the PvE reward should be be comparable to the PvP reward, there should be awarded server's first titles and the mounts awarded from meta raiding achievements and end boss kills titles/mounts should no longer drop after the first hit of major nerfs/new release of tier.
    So the OP obviously has a point that the rewards are not comparable and, especially when the current content is so easy to beat, that it is very hard to differentiate between a top notch raider, and a raider, whom you'd probably categorize as a challenger or rival, still has the 'best' obtainable vanity stuff.

On a second note I'd like to point out that the arena titles, with the exception of rank 1, only lasts for 1 season, the gladiator mount however lasts forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    Special Snowflake alert. The people getting server and world firsts are known by their server and the part of the world that cares.

People who use the term special snowflake make me roll my eyes. The entire point of having progression content and ratings is to set yourself and your team apart from others who aren't as good. It's as if you folks would demand to lift the European Cup for winning in your local footy league. The overly entitled are killing this genre.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Just as I said on the title, lets remove these from the game. I know you must be why? Because PvE players don't get the same recognition as people that play PvP.
    Most people don't care about your recognition regardless of whether you play PvP or PvE. Blizz is happy to leave the mounts in place, that way when we are in this lull period between patches in MoP, people will stay occupied and keep subbing while running old DS/FL raids for achievements and mounts.

Who do you think is worth more....the .5%'s monthly subs or the 99.5%'s? Thankfully the (comparably) quiet majority will continue to win over the QQing and epeen stroking we see in these forums.

I look forward to getting my handmaiden mount from DS with a pug in MoP.
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I am not QQing I made a threat countering people that was QQing about PvE and thought PvP should only be rewarded... I am sorry If I looked like a attention whore or sounded like I was QQing!