Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Stood in the Fire Dairyking101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    410
    Okay I am not QQing I made a threat countering people that was QQing about PvE and thought PvP should only be rewarded... I am sorry If I looked like a attention whore or sounded like I was QQing!

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    What about server firsts... and if you are a casual why do you care if they give firsts a title? You shouldn't.... because every one of the casual arguments is I should get to experience... how does one experience a title? Hell even remove titles the second they nerf it.
    This is how I see it. Someone watches the NBA championships and sees all the attention the pros get. Then, he/she plays in his/her intramural league and wonders why some random person walking down the street doesn't give a shit that they won.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  3. #83
    sure add something given to the top 200 guilds (between 2,000 and 5,000 players)
    then it can be just like PvP, where i'll never see it so i couldnt care less, again

  4. #84
    Stood in the Fire Dairyking101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    In PVP, you're competing against real live people, almost in a sporting enviornment.

    In PVE, you're playing against the computer.

    Some people take "realm firsts" and such very seriously, but ultimately they are very different.

    And by the time people can pug raids and get titles/mounts, the "elites" have moved on to new and better mounts and titles. Who cares about the old ones?
    Because The casual's are getting the exact same thing as elites have worked their butt off for in the same current content.

  5. #85
    Casuals should get the same PvE rewards since they did the same content, be it nerfed or not. The bads shouldn't, its that simple.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    You realize that's how the world works right? Those who do this for more than the challenge, to be the best should not be made fun of, they work harder they get cooler stuff. this isn't a singler player game. you need to get over yourself.. if you enjoy the game as it is, you should give a damn if hardcores get a mount. Cause if you're just doing it for the challenge titles and mounts shouldn't matter... see what I did there?
    As a matter of fact I didn't see how you affected my argument at all. Does being the Best not come with it's own reward? You will never hear me ridicule anyone for wanting to be the best, I will however point out that needing the trappings of success to last forever is selfish and childish. In your view, I feel, that the rewards are valued over the accomplishment. Look at your own motivations and tell me how you answer this assertion.

    As to "How the world works", we are talking about in the workings of a fantasy video game. In the created WoW world, how it works is; Everyone has a chance to get the rewards the game provides. I'm totally cool with that.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Because The casual's are getting the exact same thing as elites have worked their butt off for in the same current content.
    Your comment is completely false.

    There is no way a casual group has the exact same rewards as the top end guilds in current content. Once a new tier has been out for a while some of the mid range guilds may try and go back to see if they can get the previous tier's achievements and mounts. Once a new xpac comes out then it's pugged and half the time it takes several runs cuz people are idiots and mess up the achievements.

    The only way a casual has the Heroic DS mount right now is if they paid the top end guild to run them through it.
    If happy cows make great cheese, then do the emo ones make sour cream?

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    They should just do top 0.5% of pve and give those guys a title/rare mount each tier. Problem solved.
    A complete PVE ladder would be awesome. What do you think it could be the criteria ? achievements ? fastest kills ? 1st kills ?

    Sadly I don't see blizzard implementing anything this controversial.

  9. #89
    OP, you care too much. Also the people who presented their opinion for or against this matter, you care too much. Perhaps you will all be happier if you stop caring so much.

  10. #90
    Yeah lets remove all incentives to PvP while we're at it.

  11. #91
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,033
    I'm not a PvP player and I disagree. PvP takes more skill at high ranks than PvE, in my opinion,so people should get rewarded for it,

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Yeah lets remove all incentives to PvP while we're at it.
    Could at least make PvP more about skill and not about gear. Just have the rewards be xmog gear like challenge mode dungeons.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  13. #93
    How far off would I be to say that the 0.5% PVE rewards are the game-wide population of server firsts for that tier? Or would total players earning those achievements be just way, way, way below 0.5%?

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    How far off would I be to say that the 0.5% PVE rewards are the game-wide population of server firsts for that tier? Or would total players earning those achievements be just way, way, way below 0.5%?
    What about the servers full of top 100 guilds? Those guilds finish heroic content before other servers even get a server first.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  15. #95
    I understand this like: "Blizzard is nerfing PvE, making it for everyone! Why can't PvP be for everyone too?! NERF PvP PLEASE!".

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 11:33 PM ----------

    And no, Blizzard shouldn't ruin PvP, they just gotta stop nerfing the heroic modes, and make 'em hard so everyone can have fun while progressing!
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU





  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    And no, Blizzard shouldn't ruin PvP, they just gotta stop nerfing the heroic modes, and make 'em hard so everyone can have fun while progressing!
    This is exactly the reason why Blizzard nerfs the raids...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Just as I said on the title, lets remove these from the game. I know you must be why? Because PvE players don't get the same recognition as people that play PvP. Server first guilds may get the title/ gear first (even a FoS) for maybe a month then other guilds get it and Bam the server first guilds have nothing besides a FoS to show the work they put into that content. While PvP titles/mounts are always Prestiges and show they worked their butt off to receive that title/ mount. All I am saying is if people complain that PvE is easy than lets give something to those people that work hard something different than everyone else.
    So because the PvP title and mounts are harder to get and theres less of them around.. You want them removed? That all that makes it so prestigious. In PvE you have multiple chances to get the mount and titles for that content but for PvP it's only one chance. It's fine how it is.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    This is exactly the reason why Blizzard nerfs the raids...
    But killing nerfed/easy bosses is not fun!
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU





  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    But killing nerfed/easy bosses is not fun!
    Which is why you find a good guild, kill them before nerfs and have fun lol

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Which is why you find a good guild, kill them before nerfs and have fun lol
    But it's different when you know that there will be no nerfs (well maybe some tuning / bugfixing nerfs) and you'll work on all of those bosses to kill them before the new content patch comes out (tier 11 for example) and when you know that there will be a progressing % zone nerf and you can't just race it. (Tier 12 or Tier 13) You'll have to raid hardcore (5 days + ) which is not the best thing.It's more like a New York Minute raiding than heroic raiding in this case.
    Also if you have worked on some special tactics to kill a boss for like 2-3 weeks, nerfs come, the tactics changes and kills the fun.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •