Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How about not. I would however like to see Heroic PVE gear, and legendaries banned from Arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I dunno... in small towns, the highschool football team gets alot of attention, especially the winning team, other towns might not give a shit. but the county your in will. same deal, server firsts. Server recognition. This is how I see it, You aren't good enough, so why does the bloke in the intramural leauge get a trophy... guess what, this Isn't a little leauge game were no one keeps score and yes this analogy has three different sports >.>
    I come from a smallish server and I pug 5-6 toons through DS every week. Nobody I pug with cares who got the server first heroic DS clear. Nobody in trade chat or out doing dailies cares. The only people who do care are the people on the raiding teams of the 3-4 raiding guilds who were competing for it. There is no server-wide prestige. It's only prestigious to a tiny fraction of the server population. Fine, local sports are popular in some places? Here's another analogy: It's like dressage, it's only important to the people directly involved. Ask a random person on the street, they don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You do know they still can show off the high end mounts that drop from final bosses such as H DW right?
    That kind of stuff gets nerfed into oblivion to cater to the entitled playerbase that Blizzard wants to appeal. It's rather freaking easy to get one of those now, hell, just this week we've killed Madness with 3 players who had never done the fight on heroic before, that kind of stuff doesn't even compare in the slightest.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    i agree... why should only the top 0,5% have access to content?

I agree with some of the OPs general sentiment that there is a little too much given out to PVP players that PVE players have no access to, though I think removal is the wrong change to make.

The following are the modifications I would implement if I had my druthers.

Titles need to remain, PVP is always a competition and there does need to be recognition of success against your peers. There are plenty of PVE titles and I have an option below to restore soem semblance of higher level PVE play. I will tack in here that I also think it would be cool for members of each class to have a title they can earn for being the best of that class each season. We all know that PVP balance ebbs and flows for several classes and this would provide a little somethign extra for those who do well with those that aren't the strongest, as well as trying to distinguish those who succeed at playing the most potent class to it's fullest. I would go into specs but 33 titles is a bit crazy to manage and 11 should be recognition enough.

PVP mounts should also remain though they should not be so different from PVE mounts. The addition of armor is something many people desire far too much to be so restricted and has no real particular relevance to PVP. The PVP mount should still remain somewhat distinct in that the armor would be slightly different. For example the PVP mounts armor may have battle damage (cracking, scorching) or a more jagged and rough appearance that would distinguish it. Banners or other symbology should also differentiate it. There should be an arena and an RBG version also, the symbology for these might be more faction-specifc thoguh I would test the waters on that before implementing.

For PVE players to earn the similar mounts, and I think also titles more like those of the ol world-first awards, they should adhere to requirements such as those for the Herald of the Titans title. That is the content needs to be completed at the intended level, and in gear no higher in ilvl than that which drops in the raid, and no enhancements not available at the content level (gems/enchants). It would be heroic only, and all nerfs would have to be disabled (an option that should always exist). You would still therefore have to attain a particular skill level in order to get the goods and not just farm it later when you are several levels higher and have massively better gear.

I think the above still provides PVP players with the distinction of their acheivements and PVE players theirs, of course there are people who will do both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    i agree... why should only the top 0,5% have access to content?
    Because they work for it. So they earned it. So they deserve it.

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Someone will use the term "special snowflake." I guarantee it.

OT: I do not think removing ".5%" items is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Just as I said on the title, lets remove these from the game. I know you must be why? Because PvE players don't get the same recognition as people that play PvP. Server first guilds may get the title/ gear first (even a FoS) for maybe a month then other guilds get it and Bam the server first guilds have nothing besides a FoS to show the work they put into that content. While PvP titles/mounts are always Prestiges and show they worked their butt off to receive that title/ mount. All I am saying is if people complain that PvE is easy than lets give something to those people that work hard something different than everyone else.
    mounts from heroic bosses = the .5% that pve'er have so your argument is moot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Because they work for it. So they earned it. So they deserve it.
    last I checked its a game, not a job... who are u to say what people "deserve" anyway?

Deleted
    Nobody is getting any recognition. It is basically a bunch of drug addicts standing around the street corner arguing who is the most addicted one of them and who can snort the most cocaine up their noses. To them this is important, it is vital

To the rest of the world they can barely look at them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Top end PvErs know their class to perfection and most of those abilities they use in PvE are also used in PvP. So yeah they are kinda ready but they are not dedicated to PvP only. That's why they'll need some time to get used to PvP, same with PvPers to get used to rotations and tactics so they can get high ranks on World of Logs.

The only way to get answer to that question is to ask one of those players who play in top end PvP and top end PvE or at least played.
    You saying this is quite funny, seeing as I answered that question, and you argumented against me. I'm a top PvE'er in the sense that I'm top 10 on easily every fight in Dragon Soul Heroic 10 man as warlock, and have been #1 several times, even been on the top 10 overall rankings. I'm also a gladiator. And I can tell you, that most of the PvE'rs I know doesn't know what to do if something situational comes up, and breaks their normal pattern. PvP'ers however knows how to deal with this. PvE'ers can't compete in high end PvP without a lot of dedication because: They don't know every class inside out, they don't know how to LoS properly, and they don't have the situational awareness OR the skills to see what's going on and know how to deal with it. They don't know when to play offensive or when to play defensive, or when to hold back and interrupt. They don't know how to fakecast without losing too much uptime, they don't know how to land CC, they don't know what to look out for in a PvP environment. I could keep on going. I'm not saying PvE'ers can't learn to PvP, because ofc they can, but it's so much easier for a PvP'er to enter the competitive PvE scene, than for a PvE'er to enter the competetive PvP scene.

It doesn't matter that PVP is harder than PVE.

The point is "the many" aren't reaping the same rewards as "the few."

It's a "problem" they're fixing on the PVE side of things... but not the PVP side. There should be some consistency.

Deleted
    no. Having 0.5% title/mount shows not only you know how to play your class but you know how to counter all other classes and adapting quick to any given situation (which happens often since you don't play against scripted pixels).

You get 1 mount for being .5% in PvP. You get 2(and chance at a rare drop) for being .5 in pve.

PvE content has really rare mounts that less than 1% of players can get. The Flametalon in FL and the cromatic drake off ultra for example.

Blizzard and wow's playerbase would gain nothing from the removal of the Glad mounts.

Raiders get a ton of recognition. They get the majority of wow's content directed at them. You get the shiniest gear, best mounts, and fanciest titles. Expecting any more is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by cortelas View Post
    You get 1 mount for being .5% in PvP. You get 2(and chance at a rare drop) for being .5 in pve.

PvE content has really rare mounts that less than 1% of players can get. The Flametalon in FL and the cromatic drake off ultra for example.

Blizzard and wow's playerbase would gain nothing from the removal of the Glad mounts.

Raiders get a ton of recognition. They get the majority of wow's content directed at them. You get the shiniest gear, best mounts, and fanciest titles. Expecting any more is insane.
    You don't get anything for being .5% in PVE most of the time. Most mounts are random drops and only the most persistent, regardless of skill can get them. There are exceptions of course (WotLK was full of them), but those can be farmed with exception to those that they removed. Notice a pattern here? PVE mounts have an inconsistent standard. You can't get the Black Proto from one of the easiest raid tiers any more, but you can farm Ironbounds. Most of the PVE mounts out there can be gotten solo by a PVPer who gets bored.

Anyway, I made my view on mounts clear in the above post. PVP should have some distinction, just not as much as it does it that regard. Titles should remain. PVP has its own shiny gear.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I agree, they need to be removed. They are the last bastion of "herpadurp special snoflakz" and obviously since everyone pays the same amount for the game, everyone should be rewarded exactly the same regardless of time commitment or skill.

In case you can't tell, I am mocking the people that use "special snowflake" as some kind of insult.
    Wrong Your subscription fee does not guarantee you to everything in the game; rather your merit as a player dictates what you get. If you want every mount and piece of gear (heroic included) to be available from gear vendors like green-quality sets are in MoP zones for gold then be my guest, but I can guarantee you that's not going to happen.

Challenge Modes are clear evidence that Blizzard likes there to be an element of prestige in the game; if bad players get mad at me for my unique transmogrification reward sets/mounts from the challenge modes that I will earn by being a good enough player to do those modes, then that's just the icing on the cake and I will thoroughly enjoy it. Gold Medal Challenge modes require you to complete the heroic in 20 mins, Bronze is 40 mins. Even casuals can get this stuff but if they're bad then they won't

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    last I checked its a game, not a job... who are u to say what people "deserve" anyway?
    Someone who is better at the game than you. A Gold Challenge Mode medal requires you to do a challenge mode in 20 mins; even a casual can spare that amount of time. If they're a bad player however, then that's something different and not to be rewarded; not least if they spend their time whining about it rather than trying to fix the fault at hand; themselves.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Nobody is getting any recognition. It is basically a bunch of drug addicts standing around the street corner arguing who is the most addicted one of them and who can snort the most cocaine up their noses. To them this is important, it is vital

To the rest of the world they can barely look at them.
    You can say that about any hobby. I couldn't give a shit about the Olympics nor the medals/achievements that those who take part will earn; that doesn't mean they don't work for them nor don't deserve them though.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Everytime I see this, my faith in humanity vanishes a little more.

Hell, some top100 guilds raid 3 nights a week, and I'm SURE top 0.5% of PVPers play way more than that.

I'm not getting in this argument though. PVP players 99% of the time cannot accept PVE takes skill and coordination. To them, only PVP counts. w/e
    It requires co-ordination and awareness, but it doesn't really require skill as the fight doesn't change too much from one attempt to the next (Something like Which oozes on Yor or who gets picked for a debuff ect). I play a Com Rogue, Arms Warrior, Ret Pala and Shadow Priest in PvE, while in PvP I play as Sub and Ret. I can safely say that to play classes in PvE you do not need a comparable amount of skill compared to PvP. Just my take on it.

I don't know if this has been said or not but don't server first titles count for PvE? Maybe I am wrong but:

http://www.wowhead.com/title=159

http://www.wowhead.com/title=122

http://www.wowhead.com/title=170

http://www.wowhead.com/title=120

http://www.wowhead.com/title=139

I don't see a problem with PvP titles considering the amount of content that is designed for PvE players vs PvP players. Blizzard just needs to bring back the server first titles and FoS that goes with them.

After looking around a little bit it seems you lose the Gladiator title after that season has ended and only get to keep the mount and FoS. The very first season title "Gladiator" is the only one that could be kept.
    Last edited by Ebildays; 2012-07-09 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top end PvErs know their class to perfection and most of those abilities they use in PvE are also used in PvP. So yeah they are kinda ready but they are not dedicated to PvP only. That's why they'll need some time to get used to PvP, same with PvPers to get used to rotations and tactics so they can get high ranks on World of Logs.
    Knowing your own class isn't enough. You need an outstanding knowledge of every class to pull your own weight to a high level of pvp.

Bisides that, in order to be succesful in PvP you already have to know how to maximize your damage. So that isn't something any good PvP player has to learn.

The only way to get answer to that question is to ask one of those players who play in top end PvP and top end PvE or at least played.
    Well, you know theise rogue legendaries we got last content patch? Many of the high rated Rogue's got them by simply joining a raiding guild. Without really having put any time into it before. And they still cleared the entire content in ~2,5 months. Many of my friends did just that.

I have yet to see any PvE player with so little PvP experience have that much of a success curve.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2012-07-09 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernion View Post
    You saying this is quite funny, seeing as I answered that question, and you argumented against me. I'm a top PvE'er in the sense that I'm top 10 on easily every fight in Dragon Soul Heroic 10 man as warlock, and have been #1 several times, even been on the top 10 overall rankings. I'm also a gladiator. And I can tell you, that most of the PvE'rs I know doesn't know what to do if something situational comes up, and breaks their normal pattern. PvP'ers however knows how to deal with this. PvE'ers can't compete in high end PvP without a lot of dedication because: They don't know every class inside out, they don't know how to LoS properly, and they don't have the situational awareness OR the skills to see what's going on and know how to deal with it. They don't know when to play offensive or when to play defensive, or when to hold back and interrupt. They don't know how to fakecast without losing too much uptime, they don't know how to land CC, they don't know what to look out for in a PvP environment. I could keep on going. I'm not saying PvE'ers can't learn to PvP, because ofc they can, but it's so much easier for a PvP'er to enter the competitive PvE scene, than for a PvE'er to enter the competetive PvP scene.
    As I said they'll need some time before they can get to compete on a high level, and also it depends from player to player, they'll need to dedicate to PvP to get somewhere. As I said, there are a lot of top end players that play PvE as a main priority but they are also good in PvP or were according to their achievements (Rank 1 or Gladiator titles).
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU