Focus macro with Cyclone

Hey everyone,

So my current Cyclone macro is;

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Cyclone; Cyclone
    /sw 24
    /sw play

Basically I want to make it so when I press SHIFT + V it will target my focus and Cyclone; otherwise it will cast Cyclone normally by pressing V.

Thanks all.

Ummmm, what's the question here? That macro should work fine for what you described.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Ummmm, what's the question here? That macro should work fine for what you described.
    Maybe I suck at explaining ><

So I want to make a macro that casts Cyclone on my focus when I press SHIFT + V, and cast normal Cyclone on my current target by normally clicking 'V'.

Currently as I use that, it only Cyclones my current target regardless of me using SHIFT + V or normal 'V'.

Hope I explained that a little better, sorry.

Oh, so it's just not working? Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus, harm][] Cyclone
    /sw 24
    /sw play
    No idea what the issue is with the one you posted tbh, but this one should work. If not, I'd try taking out the stopwatch commands and see if it behaves correctly.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-07-08 at 09:04 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Do you have the button bound to both "Shift-V" and regular "V"? If so, un-bind "Shift-V" completely, as that messes with the conditionals system sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Oh, so it's just not working? Try this:

No idea what the issue is with the one you posted tbh, but this one should work. If not, I'd try taking out the stopwatch commands and see if it behaves correctly.
    Sorry for the late post - IRL stuff

Thanks it worked! I think Treeston was right, SHIFT + V seems to not like WoW very much or something!

Thanks to you both - it works!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    unbind shift+V from keybind options, it's assigned by default to friendly nameplates

it will priorize that command, not even reading the macro

just mindstorming, i'm not online actually so i can't test but my V - explo trap and shift + V trap launcher+explo trap works every time like a charm