10+ Year Old Account

Waiting for Cache and other stuff

So recently my computer has been messing with me, alot, so let's start off with what's been going down the last couple of days and what I think it is.

Back on wednesday I was out all day (first time in a month, yay) and when I come home I decided to play some wow, all was going fine but I've been having VERY long loadingscreens (3-5 mins without loading at all and then it loads everything in about 10 sec) lately so I decided to try fixing that. A friend of mine found this very neat thread on how to fix that with my current modem ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3114352124 ). I did exactly what the thread told me to and it was all sorted, played for about 2 hours and then the power went out for about 4 hours or so. When I got back I had no problems except internet pages loading slowly and I was like.. alright. Then I went to sleep later that day, here comes the bad part though. When I woke up the next day I hopped in a battleground and I had massive problems, I usually play at 40-60 fps but sometimes the game would freeze completely for 5-30 secs. I started to get abit worried and I called blizzard, phone queue full so I got no response there, looked around on the internet for ages and the thing was aswell, I would only freeze when stuff changed quickly on my screen, Aoe, opening map etc. So I thought it might be GPU related, lurked abit more around the web and then I decided to reinstall my drivers on ... Saturday I think it was. I also have had problems with the sound repeating itself when I play wow and lol, it would be for example "Wel-Wel-Wel-Wel-Welcome-come-come-come-come to-to-to-to-to..." etc. Other problems I've had with my computer have been when I've been playing diablo (ever since it came out) it would just freeze my computer completely and then I'd have to restart on the button.
    Now to what I've noticed, when I tried to open a site on the internet it would just sit around and showing in the downleft corner "Waiting for Cache", hence me getting the feeling that my harddrive is broken. The second thing I think it might be is that on friday I went to a friends house with my computer and since he has a diffrent modem it might be the problem, since I did the stuff in the wow forum thread. I got home about 20 mins ago and I havn't been able to try out anything on my own internet yet. I also have a new GPU, Power Supply and a SSD that is going to work as a cache memory between my hard drive and the rest of the computer. (I have a mechanical hard drive) The computer has also been booting very slow, sometimes it would just bluescreen when it was starting up programs, sometimes it would just restart itself or simply freeze. (This happend between thurs-sunday).

There is no tldr since you pretty much have to read it all to understand it.
    I am also pretty ratbad with computers so that why I turned around from lurking and made my own thread. The reason that I didn't make this on the official wow forums is because (not even kidding) blizzard just lock threads like these and tell people to make tickets, I've seen it when I've been trying to get answers to what the problem is. Tickets arn't reliable and if you call then via skype/phone you'll get some halfassed blizzard employee that doesn't know alot about computers, he will tell you to call someone else and then you'll end up clueless and with alot of wasted time. This is from own experience from an earlier date with another problem.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2djvv9t.jpg

EDIT: Forgot my specs.. Gee, tell me if you need to know anything else aswell.
    Last edited by nellpyiwe; 2012-07-08 at 02:02 PM.
    hey all

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the game totally downloaded? Or are you playing with stuff to DL still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Is the game totally downloaded? Or are you playing with stuff to DL still.
    Totally downloaded, this occurs in other games too though, TF2 to take one.
    I've also recently repaired, removed wtf, cache and interface from wow and havn't experienced long loadingscreens yet.
    hey all

In all probability, its your HDD. You can check it by opening the Resource Manager (its available from the Performance Manager page of Task Manager). In the Resource manager click on the disks tab and watch the Blue colored graph. If during the freezes, the blue line is running at 100%, then it means that your HDD is being the bottle neck.

Just curious, are you using WD Green HDD as your system disk?

Cheers,
    StillWaters

I did exactly what the thread told me to and it was all sorted, played for about 2 hours and then the power went out for about 4 hours or so. When I got back I had no problems except internet pages loading slowly and I was like.. alright. Then I went to sleep later that day, here comes the bad part though. When I woke up the next day I hopped in a battleground and I had massive problems,
    From the looks of this part you had an power outage in the house/area right?
    The way I look at it you're hardware is damaged because of it, might be a good idea to perform a hardware check.
    If you bought it it might have an option to run diagnostics when you start your laptop or there is a disk provided with the test.
    good luck!
    Last edited by alyx; 2012-07-12 at 12:57 PM.

I would start running harddrive benchmarks like http://www.hdtune.com/ and see what your speed looks like.
    http://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_sentinel_trial.php Can also give some valuable information from S.M.A.R.T in an easy understandable format.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is back, I havn't been having trouble with any more "waiting for cache" or any spikes recently.
    I'm back home, got a new power supply in and a new GPU so that might've sorted that somehow. I'm back on square on though, loading screens for 3mins without loading and then it finally starts loading and finishes in about 10 sec.
    Going to install my SSD accelerator as soon as I get the right cabels for it, do you guys think that could solve it ?

Regarding my HDD, I'm not using WD Green HDD.
    hey all